The Weather in General

Udimore

well.. I've just seen that we've made national news... I've been without power at work since 9.30pm yesterday... and it's still not on  :of :of

Was out on Hattie today.... did a bit of clearing with the bucket.. but nothing special  :-\

Lets hope we have power overnight... I've got 2t of spuds to peel for the NHS that SHOULD have been delivered at 5am tomorrow... and processed by 5.30am by them  :of :'(

Made it to work eventually this morning, treaded very carefully as the roads were treacherous untreated first thing this morning. Continued to persistently snow up at Helmsley until just after lunch time when the Sun came out and turned the journey home on treated roads into a picture postcard, until I got back to Pickering and it was throwing it down again, we'll see what tommorow brings, day off and i'm not planning on venturing too far.

There was just a light dusting from Manchester onwards as I came home from Angelsey late last night and it has been cold (-2 to -4) & bright in Beverley until  returning from an afternoon shopping trip in York with the missus- 2" Snow had fallen suddenly giving blocked A63/A1079/A1034 + jacknifed lorries, BlackIce etc....3.5 hours to do 30 miles. A goood job we didn't follow plan A and go to castle Howard. I'm going to hibenate tommorrow (if she lets me !).