mr softies collection

mr softie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, mb86 said:

Those deeres are cracking, especially the little 2140. Is Brian still doing his models? I thought he had packed it in. 

hi Martin no Brian has stopped models this was outstanding from before he stopped so he honoured the deal and the 2140 was from his personal collection sp I now own all four 4 cyl deere`s that he built 

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:47 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Even more great additions Brian :) You must have one of or if not the largest collections of Brian's work??

not sure about the largest collection of brains work paul but id say the biggest collection of his john deere builds 

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:32 AM, 844john said:

Some nice Deeres there Brian, I very much like that 2140:)

thanks john that's me over 50 of BOR`s john deeres id different variations in my  collection now 

5 hours ago, mr softie said:

hi Martin no Brian has stopped models this was outstanding from before he stopped so he honoured the deal and the 2140 was from his personal collection sp I now own all four 4 cyl deere`s that he built 

50!!!!! That is something to be very proud of. Brian's workmanship was outstanding  

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, justy 46 said:

Heck Brian .. If you had a Transit or something ..you would have probably filled that up too !!! Your Dad looks well crammed there in the rear of your Insignia !!:D

if it had been a transit id say my dad would have been under the models 

well I went out for  a run in the snow this afternoon and popped in to visit a friend who collects models and has decided to thin out his collection and added a few bits and pieces to the collection , quite a few duplicates tbh but will post the ones I haven't already got 

DSC07042.JPG

DSC07043.JPG

DSC07044.JPG

6 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nowt like treating yourself at the end of the year Brian, another good armful of models :) is the 6930 standard or is there a conversion hiding in that box?? 

its a standard 6930 they are like hens teeth these days and worth more than a conversion 

19 hours ago, mr softie said:

its a standard 6930 they are like hens teeth these days and worth more than a conversion 

Mmmm that tells me to stick hold of the one i have here for a little while longer yet Brian, Was thinking of taking it to Gretna to move it on with a few other odds and ends but might just hang fire on that for now.

• 1 month later...

well January I went a little bit crazy buying more from a friend who is thining out his collection and a number of items from a model shop which was closing down , who was I kidding when I said I was taking it east in 2018 

DSC07180.JPG

DSC07182.JPG

DSC07183.JPG

DSC07184.JPG

DSC07185.JPG

Archived