Whats your latest general buy 2011?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. thanks to Rory I'm pleased to show you my latest purchase..

DSC_01092.jpg

4b0e8dd8.jpg

I've just returned from a 2.5 hour round trip to collect him... her.... it....

Anyway.... Rory.. many thanks for pointing me in the right direction on this one... I am VERY pleased with it and I reckon I've bagged myself quite a bragain to boot ! .. not only does she actually run... but she drives ok as well. ... I think a new name and topic is in order for this little lady/man

Any ideas ???

I think the Ifor William's trailer is a well made trailer Mark. I bought my twin axle 2 ton one in October 1992 so it is coming up for 19 years old soon and has served me well and is still looking presentable. Other than replacing tyres and wheel rims it has not cost me anything else. I have a motto though...I do not lend....don't ask to borrow...but if one does I will rather do the job for them ;) ;)

2 Vredstein snowtrac3 winter tyres for the renault clio along with 2 new semperit back tyres after a pucture, both needed replacing shortly but bit the bullet with the puncture.

Oh and 500 litres of heating oil and 2 snow shovels getting ready for winter from what we have heard it is not far away now.

Thanks Sean ... I guess I'll be writing up 'little mows' history for the magazine in the future.. But I'm cool with sharing it on here anyway.

It is believed to have been 'gifted' or 'presented' to THE mr Frank Perkins in 1967 by Massey Ferguson themselves ... After mr Perkins death it lived and worked on his farm at old Walton near Peterborough ... Then it was moved over to Perkins main works in Peterborough where it spent many years towing a set of gang mowers around.. After it's retirement a good few years ago it was earmarked by the factory to be scrapped and, thankfully, was rescued by the previous owner who was a long term Perkins and MF employee on field testing. Rory spotted it when he went to view the auction of rare pieces at the weekend and promptly tipped me off, for which I m eternally grateful.

In short... The machine has a great deal of provenance and is a nice piece of MF history.

Bill... I agree Ivor Williams are well made trailers... I've had just about every configuration over the years from tippers to flatbeds to plant trailers ... This one is nice to tow empty but it does tend to bounce about tidy when loaded as it's a single axle.. But... It fits the digger a treat really

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have been dragged kicking and screaming into the Century of the Fruit Bat (does anyone else read Terry Pratchett?) and I have discarded my old Nokia brick and got myself a gleaming new i-phone.

Can I work it? Not a chance at the moment, there may be much swearing before I manage to even make a phone call with it  :-\ :-\