What machinery did you photograph today?

Niels

936,they have two,The one on the Lemken might be a 939,not sure,But it has the optional 900's fitted for seeder work,They also have a Horsch drill,But that;s pulled by their IH Quad 550.

Regards,PS just noticed it has the big exhaust,so yes 939.

Joe,

Hay's Fendt 936 1.jpg

Hays Fendt 936 2.jpg

Edited by catkom3
  • Like 9

Those are awesome shots Joe. Don't see enough MF combines, new and old around here. At Kemble we would sometimes have both 780s in one field if we wanted to chew through one block a day. One evening even saw 5 of us on trailers servicing both combines, with a third contractor combine working nearby and all trailers tipping in one barn.

IMG_20190825_185301847_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CMB said:

Those are awesome shots Joe. Don't see enough MF combines, new and old around here. At Kemble we would sometimes have both 780s in one field if we wanted to chew through one block a day. One evening even saw 5 of us on trailers servicing both combines, with a third contractor combine working nearby and all trailers tipping in one barn.

One on its own was a fair challenge to keep up with I thought the afternoon I did up there :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CMB said:

Cheers Chris,the farm they were working don't have any combines,so no idea where they came from,or went,there is one Massey,a 42 maybe locally,but I've never been fortunate enough to capture it,,,yet,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

Very tidy classic drilling outfit belonging to the farm where I get straw. Apologies for the quality, I zoomed in on a couple of shots. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

looks like there,s a classic in the yard as well martin with a mid mounted hedge cutter;)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jmd said:

looks like there,s a classic in the yard as well martin with a mid mounted hedge cutter;)

Certainly is john, a blue roof 7840 and econ mid mount hedger belonging to John Tiplady, the contractor who chops my grass. Its a bit of a legend that tractor having clocked around 25,000 of very hard hours before the clock stopped a few years back, they estimate it to be around the 30k hour mark now with no major breakdowns. And by hard hours I mean hard hours, that tractor was absolutely dogged by them in it's younger days and it wasn't that many years ago it was retired to the hedger but she is still going strong. I've spent a few hours carting grass with that and it was the tractor that persuaded my dad that something as modern as a 40 series wouldn't be a bad investment haha. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SPN said:

Yeah, pity about the colour.

If it was in New Holland colours though, and "keep her lit" applied, then no bother.

You  would need a T7.315 up front at least I think SPN .Anything under 300 HP probably would not be enough.

Edited by justy 46

On 9/19/2019 at 11:19 PM, Tommy Gough said:

Hi Chris. That was this year. I work for Kidner the contractor and they wanted an extra trailer driver one afternoon after we did some grass

Ah right I know Kidner were cutting maize recently as Kemble dairy was short and decided to harvest early. I think Mark and Aaron of Kemble were were working alongside.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:58 PM, Valley Axe Man said:

Think of that Fastrac up your way on the 66 Martin that was on a tri-axle and was on its knees climbing up from Brough.... it be going in reverse with a quad axle :D

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/giant-4-axle-silage-trailer-rolls-out-of-carlow-factory/

Bit more here on them

• Like 2