best sounding tractor

fendt-the deere killer

David Brown

had a soundtrack of their own, a very boxy exhaust note & made a lovely sound

Leyland 804

with front mounted buckrake , listening to the suckback from the turbo when throttling off was great

Ford 8210T

i used to have the sunroof open to hear the constant whistle from the exhaust as she was singing with a JAG 62 or the bigger 75

MF 699

lovely smooth sound when ploughing, i used to have the roof hatch open to hear a gently undulating purr as she would pull hard then relax along the furrow

MF 698T hauling silage or on buckraking , always sounded great

Deutz 6.30

the best sound ever was from this aircooled beastie, either drilling with a powerhorrow drill combo or running at full chat with an old FH900  a sound i have yet to be beaten !

the most satisfying sound has to come from a Massey ferguson 168 simply because it's mine  :)

There are a few for me, any 6 cylinder 4 valve Deere, any 765 or 865 challenger they sound good all the time, the t7050 auto command I'm driving at the minute, the power command one sounds good too but not as good, the lexion 770 romping through a heavy crop of wheat, our 6610 on the slurry mixer.  :)

the  mf698t we had used to whistle a treat when the turbo kicked in, and just sounded great, but for me it would be the mf 1250 when we used her on the dodswell, used to sound superb, just growled away in the heavy clay fileds, could hear her growl from the other side of the filed

The sound of a four cylinder Ford does it for me every time. Puts the hair standing on the back of my neck.

The whistle of a New Holland TSA at full song, or the roar of a T7000 under load.

And then there is this TM155 :

:-*

Cor. . . .. . . that made me horny!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ford 7810 opened up to the last sounds well .Or any 6cyl Ford realy. Ford 4600 or 4610 also sound well when driving them flat out  down the road for a small tractor. Pocket rockets in there day they were. The Fiat 110- 90 is another tractor that sounds different from anything else.

the sound off the old case 844 or might have been 856 hauling 10 ton of corn up the slight hill outside where i used to work you could hear it coming well before you saw it!