britains 2012 releases

towse trading

Having seen them new Fords today I have to say, Britains have changed their game play and are really turning up the heat with these new releases. Yes the linkage is a lump of a feature but it's function before accuracy being a toy. Leave that for a second and look at the rest of the tractor and it's a little diamond!

well they came up trumps with the 956/1056's , so i can see them doing the same with these fords.the 5000/7000/7600 were ok just the front steering was the main gripe if i remember correctly and it looks like that has been sorted from the pictures i've seen. would be nice to see a revamped mf 595 /ford 7710 too, and a revamped JD3350 would be good too.would be intresting to know why they don't do more implempments . i'm glad to see britains have turned it up a peg or two and may it continue.

Having seen them new Fords today I have to say, Britains have changed their game play and are really turning up the heat with these new releases. Yes the linkage is a lump of a feature but it's function before accuracy being a toy. Leave that for a second and look at the rest of the tractor and it's a little diamond!

Thats good to hear cause im looking forward to getting my hands on the 2 Fords. The 6600 mainly.

Now Britains do a 3cyl FORD!!!!!! 8)

• 1 month later...

In the new Model Farmer the new JD S690 is still TBC where price is concerned; is it likely to be in the same price region as the other combines in the range, or might it be higher? The Ertl version seemed too expensive to me at the best part of £80 from UK sellers...

Is this the US or European version? Or will there only be one version? I must say it looks good with those tracks on.

I assume its the European version; the prestige version has already appeared, and usually the US 'shelf' versions are more basic. Are they available with tracks Stateside?

I assume its the European version; the prestige version has already appeared, and usually the US 'shelf' versions are more basic. Are they available with tracks Stateside?

Not sure if they are available with tracks there, probably not. I hope the header has an auger in it then as the US version on duals came with a draper header?

Not sure if they are available with tracks there, probably not. I hope the header has an auger in it then as the US version on duals came with a draper header?

The S690i on tracks comes with the same 640D Flexdraper head and 16 row corn head as the North American S690 Prestige combine was released with. I am eagerly awaiting my S690i on tracks to arrive from Bossen Implements. Might be a while till I get my hands on it, but am looking forward to adding it to the collection.

Jason B

Just received the S690...it does have the US headers, but have to say its a good representation of the real thing, and the track unit is nice...I also like the neat folding cab mirrors. Checking the brochure for the real thing, it says the flex headers aren't available in the UK, so am not sure about mainland Europe...I'll see if the smaller 630R head from the 9880 fits onto it later, and if anyone wants will post a few pics. One thing which surprised me is that the unloading auger doesn't fold like the previous JD combine models, though it does have the same spring loaded feederhouse. One other thing: theres a lovely big photo of an S690 on the back of the box, but unfortunately its the previous version!

I'll try and do some tomorrow Niels - unfortunately, the old header won't fit as it seems to be a reverse of it - in other words the pins are at the bottom and the clips at the top on the new model, so it would take some fettling to attach the smaller header...It is a smashing model all the same and I thought it was very good value for money also. I was toying with the idea of swapping the tracks for wheels but I have decided not to, not least because I think the 9880 wheels would be too small anyway!