britains 2012 releases

towse trading

Nice video, but hope the gang on the move was posed just for this: The macho thing of having the forager lead is so stupid.....if someone coming round the corner prangs into the header the whole team is F****D... a tractor as lead will slow the oncoming traffic and be far less vulnerable and far more easily replaced if damaged.

The vehicle the camera was mounted on may have been the sweeper, or there may have been a tractor in front of it doing sweeper.

But you do make a good point, and it's one I'd never considered.

Got a question about the new Britains two-wheel drive version of the Case-IH 1056XL.....and the two-wheel drive IH 1056XL. Did Case-IH ever make a two-wheel drive version of the 1056XL? I've never, ever seen one in the UK, but it may have been offered on the continent. Not sure?

R Day

Got a question about the new Britains two-wheel drive version of the Case-IH 1056XL.....and the two-wheel drive IH 1056XL. Did Case-IH ever make a two-wheel drive version of the 1056XL? I've never, ever seen one in the UK, but it may have been offered on the continent. Not sure?

R Day

gc5376309048482880269.jpg

gc4892993852505029274.jpg

I have seen the latest trailer in yellow at £ 14.99 at a local store and well I told the proprietor it looked shocking...to which he agreed....but well it's a Britain's and I already have included it in an order so once I have said I would buy I won't back out on a deal ;D ;D

R Day

I was going to question that too Rory, I would think they do exist on the continent as you say and only in very few numbers in UK as Andy measured one up over here. I have only ever seen two. As a unique machine they will be a special model, not a run of your more popular machines. Is it mentioned in Case IH literature? I recall it isn't and possibly a special order?

H

i know andy meassured up a real one for the ftf tractor so they are out there

The one Andy measured up (and put a photo of on the FTF Internationals thread) with registration number BEW 361Y was registered when new in the UK on 29th October 1982, so not a later import :)

Edited by ploughmaster

OK, thanks for that....I'd never seen a two-wheel drive IH 1056XL in this country that's all, but it sounds like they definitely exist. As for the Case-IH version I am fairly sure that two-wheel drive versions were never offered in the UK, but the picture confirms that they were available in Europe post-merger.

R Day

I knew the IH 1056XL 2WD wasn't as common as the 956XL so in effect it makes for a convenient limited edition model. Steve Smith who helped me in sourcing the tractor may be able to shed more light on the history/background of this tractor.

post-3-0-02369500-1327909846_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-65757300-1327909867_thumb.jpg

gc5376309048482880269.jpg

........ As for the Case-IH version I am fairly sure that two-wheel drive versions were never offered in the UK, but the picture confirms that they were available in Europe post-merger.

R Day

The picture certainly confirms a Case International version with the earlier, square front end existed, but after much searching, I have been unable to find a pic of a 2wd Case International 1056XL with the later style front end ???

Hopefully they will also adjust the size of the cab step gantry as it looks like it was made for the dual front wheel version.

As it is a prototype, I would think the actual combine body is the same one as the US version on dual wheels we have seen pictures of elsewhere.

If you look, you will see that the extension is a seperate part, so I would expect that they will fit the steps without it on the production version (as they have fitted a narrower access platform to the Case-IH 9120 Milestone edition on tracks that has been produced for Case-IH. The US Prestige edition on tracks had retained the old wider platform that was used for the earlier dual wheeled combine.)

Big improvement with the Fords. I'd have preferred it though if the wheels used the same material as their Britains counterparts 30/40 years ago, the plastic looks cheap (probably last longer though!)

Really really like those two Fords. Are there wheel wieghts moulded into the rear wheel moulding or is it just the way yhey look? Anyway, I can't wait to get the pair of them and possible any variations that may come along via you custom builders! :)

it seems the Britains brand is getting a new life where models will be atleast or even better then the much loved 70's and 80's era models they made.

of all the Ford's being released at the moment, these 2 i am the most excited about, drove a 6600 like that for a contractor a decade and a half ago :D