britains 2012 releases

towse trading

liking the look of that ford, do we know when this year they are out then??? could well be the first new britains in my collection that i buy thats not been for breaking/ conversion i recon hopefully soon, as for the kanes, look ok to me , not being rude but how anyone can see "wrong" parts from those two pics in boxes i do not know?? but what do i know, we still use marstons and western non half pipes down here :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not colour blind, I've never seen a kane with white wheel rims ;) Or a shoe that would kill a man if he where to lift it! :of To name a few ;D

also the ford is a sample,and i bet there will be people moaning about that,this is wrong or thats wrong,i say thanks to andy for giving us a peek of a sample and britains bashers ,wait until you see the final version before slating it

blimey paul, just had to get my beer bottle glasses to read this one mate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

as for you snake i was only kidding bud honest, as toys which is what they have always been built and designed to be they look great, not my cup of tea, but at least they look to scale, pretty detailed, and will give some a good base model to convert from, white wheels?? hey what do i know, the only kane i have seen this way had brown muddy wheel hubs???

I do like that Ford, looks very accurate to me compared to Britains offerings in the past few years, it looks like they are on the up again. Will definately be at least one of those coming my way as the 6600 was the first "modern" tractor I drove when I started working on farms.

Well the farm in question still used the 6600 for several main tasks in 1997 despite having much newer tractors there as well. Does make me feel old though but you'll always be an old man compared to me ;D ;D

might take a bit of your customers eh tm,as a TOY they look very good,

They'll Not take any of my customers!? ??? If anything they have helped us! ;D;D

Was only pointing out that they are not perfect as everyone things they are, little stupid things as usual, but hey ho as you say, Its Braitains, TOYS! Not worry me ;D:police:

People have already purchased wheels to change the Britains wheels to silver centers.

All in all it will impact alot of scratch built Kane half pipe trailers as they shear cost will be very low in comparison and it will open up new conversions etc. I like them. Will def be having a few. Would like to see one tipped.

Edited by MB Trac

from what I've heard the Irish have a lot of yonger, dedicated carpet farmers.. I'm sure they will be happy to wear the knees out of their trousers with one of those 'at de grass' ... horses for courses really...

it does make a mockery out of the 'Noel Kane is not ready to pass the project yet' claims we had a while ago though having said that... would 'The great man himself' pass this model with such a fundemental colour scheme error as this ??? ... given that colours are pretty easy to 'get right'

People have already purchased wheels to change the Britains wheels to silver centers.

All in all it will impact alot of scratch built Kane half pipe trailers as they shea cost will be very low in comparison and it will open up new conversions etc. I like them. Will def be having a few. Would like to see one tipped. Instant

The first batch is supposed to have white wheels then the next batch will come with silver wheels.

from what I've heard the Irish have a lot of yonger, dedicated carpet farmers.. I'm sure they will be happy to wear the knees out of their trousers with one of those 'at de grass' ... horses for courses really...

it does make a mockery out of the 'Noel Kane is not ready to pass the project yet' claims we had a while ago though having said that... would 'The great man himself' pass this model with such a fundemental colour scheme error as this ??? ... given that colours are pretty easy to 'get right'

They may have run a few thousand wheels in white before realising a mistake was made. Not everyone missed the mistake though. Evident in the sales for replacement wheel centers.

Interesting to know if the sides can be removed like in the old days??.....i know why they wouldn't though ;):ph34r:

other than that, they look ok and a new model most have been waiting for, good to read the review when its done, i cant get excited about RC2 any more like i used to about Britians when they were released.......will take time! ;)

reminds me i still need to get the new JCB loader from last year! ;D ;D ;D

Trailers look good, glad that awful swivel hitch has been binned. Anyone know if the chassis is metal or plastic as the plastic chasis wad the other balls up ob the AS trailers Britains made.

Ford is briiiiiiiiiiiliant! Look forward to adding that to my collection, having driven a few :)

.....a shoe that would kill a man if he where to lift it! :of ..

I think if they had made the shoe true to scale, it would probably not hold the ring far enough from the carpet to allow the Britains pick-up-hitch to get under it. Agreed it is a rather large lump, but I don't feel that it is a major issue on a sub £20 toy - were it being marketed as a £30 - £40 detailed replica it would be a different matter.

Anyone know if the chassis is metal or plastic .....

Chassis is metal with a sprung drawbar and steering rear wheels; body is plastic ;)

Edited by ploughmaster

For those who are thinking of buying some Kanes, here's a short tutorial video that shows how to get the most out of them.

Nice video, but hope the gang on the move was posed just for this: The macho thing of having the forager lead is so stupid.....if someone coming round the corner prangs into the header the whole team is F****D... a tractor as lead will slow the oncoming traffic and be far less vulnerable and far more easily replaced if damaged.

The MF6480 will also have the later chassis colouring rather than black. The next shipment of 7480's will have this change too, however there will be a lot less of these than the previous version.

Nice video, but hope the gang on the move was posed just for this: The macho thing of having the forager lead is so stupid.....if someone coming round the corner prangs into the header the whole team is F****D... a tractor as lead will slow the oncoming traffic and be far less vulnerable and far more easily replaced if damaged.

Fair point ha ha!. prefer grain harvest to silage myself.