britains 2012 releases

towse trading

The Fords are looking good, The new type hitch is fitted I hope. I also wonder if the steering is connected to the steering wheel ?

I'm also looking forward to getting a Kane silage trailer, Britains have done well there too.

How nice to see some really nice additions to the Britains range, and so many positive comments about them.

I had a feeling that the S690 would have tracks... in the catalogue for the S series they all seem to have them. I would prefer it to have wheels, myself and possibly will see if the wheels off a 9880 can be substituted. I have only just come to tolerate the Claas Terra Tracs, not so keen on them on JD or NH combines, but fair play to Britains for moving with the times.

Really really like those two Fords. Are there wheel wieghts moulded into the rear wheel moulding or is it just the way yhey look?

I imagine they are the same wheels that were used on the previous Fords, in which case they will be part of the wheel moulding.

Interesting to see,only the Kanes have the sprung drawbar,wonder if that's what held up their production,

More likely getting the two stage ram right - the real things have a five stage ram I think, but I would think trying to go for any more than two on a 32nd scale toy is probably pushing the boundaries too far ;)

Cant want for those Fords,speacily the 6600. Do they steer this time round tough ?

Looking at the pic Andy put in anearlier post on this thread, it appears so :)

post-3-0-59164900-1327577457_thumb.jpg

I imagine they are the same wheels that were used on the previous Fords, in which case they will be part of the wheel moulding.

the wheel weights on the old ford 7600 were pop off and not actually part of the wheel mould clive, they leave two small holes in the hubs, so easy to remove, ceretainly not glued or anything

I will be getting the S690I with Tracks! In fact, just talked with Bossen Implements, out of Lamont Iowa US and they have an S690I on order for me with tracks. Will look good on the shelf next to my Prestige S690 with Duals.

Good thing for this fourm, as I probably would not have known about these upcoming releases, including the S690I on tracks which won't be sold in Deere Dealers in North America.

Jason B

hello Jason, if (by the looks of it) you are a Deere fanatic, it is helpful to check the Siku and Britains releases every year as they usually have one or two new releases of Deere every year. They are however mostly European versions of the Deere's made in Mannheim, Germany.

btw, if you love the Prestige series, check out the releases of the 6930/7430 made by Wiking in 1:32 !!!!! those are on the same level of detail as the Precision series

hello Jason, if (by the looks of it) you are a Deere fanatic, it is helpful to check the Siku and Britains releases every year as they usually have one or two new releases of Deere every year. They are however mostly European versions of the Deere's made in Mannheim, Germany.

btw, if you love the Prestige series, check out the releases of the 6930/7430 made by Wiking in 1:32 !!!!! those are on the same level of detail as the Precision series

Yes, thoses Wiking models are pretty awsome! I have the 6930 from Wiking, and I hope to get the 7430 as well someday. I am hoping Wiking does a 32nd Deere combine eventually. I have a few Siku Deere items in my collection as well, my favourite Siku Deere model being the T670I Deere combine. Its hard trying to collect the European releases, as not many Dealers in Canada/US carry the European toy companys products.

Jason B

Its hard trying to collect the European releases, as not many Dealers in Canada/US carry the European toy companys products.

I was given to understand that John Deere won't allow the North American dealers to sell the Siku, Wiking etc models and toys because of licencing conflicts with Ertl (who historically had an exclusive licence for JD toys and models).

I was given to understand that John Deere won't allow the North American dealers to sell the Siku, Wiking etc models and toys because of licencing conflicts with Ertl (who historically had an exclusive licence for JD toys and models).

Surely a very difficult thing to enforce these day with all the online auction houses etc,

Regards

Joe,

fair play to britains for upping the game.as a kid britains were my toys,they gave us the mf 135,mf 590,ford 6600,etc etc and at that time they were way ahead of anything else,i began converting their models at the young age of 9-10 with simple improvements and am glad there now sitting up and taking notice,the kane trailer hasnt dissappointed me,yes there are possible improvements could be made but we must remember they have to pass stringent safety measures to go on the market and after that the conversionists can customise as much as they want,its obviously helped them a lot by working with the forum to hear the most important voices of all,the customer and enthiuasts,ill welcome what they have coming if the continue this trend

That was my understanding of it too. When I talked with Bossen Implements, out of Lamont Iowa, United States, they told me that they "Can Get ALL the European" releases in stock, including the John Deere models, but in limited numbers. Due to Deere's Licence agreement with Ertl, and Deere as well I heard). They CAN NOT advertise the upcoming new European toy releases on their website, however they can still sell them, if you provide a stock # for the item and order it by phone or email. They used to be able to show the new product on their website for Siku releases. I ended up getting my Deere T670I combine by SIKU through Bossen's, and had to place my order in May 2009, so that I could recive it in Oct 09. Did the same thing with the upcoming S690I with TRACKS. I knew Bossen's had a chance of getting them, so I called them and placed an order.

I was able to get my other European John Deere combine models in a simular way as well, Except for the 1st 9880STS in 1/32nd. For whatever reason, Ertl choose to release the FIRST 1/32nd 9880STS European version through John Deere Dealers in North America. When the 1/32nd 9880I STS "High Performance Rotor" combine came out, with a Body change, it was ONLY Avaliable in Europe. I had to go through a smaller Toy dealer in Canada to obtain the 9880I STS, and was the only way to get one besides Ebay.

When the 1/32nd "2008 Version" of the John Deere S690I combine came out, I had G&M Models bring me a 1/32nd S690I "2008 European Version" combine over to the National Show and I picked it up in person at the show in 2008.

So far I have all the 1/32nd Ertl/Britain John Deere combines in my collection, up to the Lastest "S690" "North American Version" just out, and once I get the 32nd S690I "2012 Europe version" with tracks later this year, I will have 3 different "S690's" in my collection.

Jason B

Yes, thoses Wiking models are pretty awsome! I have the 6930 from Wiking, and I hope to get the 7430 as well someday. I am hoping Wiking does a 32nd Deere combine eventually. I have a few Siku Deere items in my collection as well, my favourite Siku Deere model being the T670I Deere combine. Its hard trying to collect the European releases, as not many Dealers in Canada/US carry the European toy companys products.

Jason B

i am sure that if you are looking for a certain model, you'll find someone on here that will help you out.. I have the same problem vice versa as i collect mainly 1:16 models that are only available in North America

• 2 weeks later...

The Kane trailers show just how bad those cobbled together flat deck and cattle trailers are! :D

not wrong there Tris, saw them in the shop the other day, just typical RC2 brought out of retirement models! ::);)

not much else in the shop from anyone new, but it was Norwich ;D

.....which is just a typical FB gratuitous anti-Britains comment ::) (and not brought out of retirement - merely recoloured existing items with a few additions in the case of the flat).

They are no more cobbled together than some of the farm built adaptations from lorry chassis that I have come across to be honest :)

NB. RC2 hasn't existed for some time; keep up at the back ;)

Edited by ploughmaster

.....which is just a typical FB gratuitous anti-Britains comment ::) (and not brought out of retirement - merely recoloured existing items with a few additions in the case of the flat).

They are no more cobbled together than some of the farm built adaptations from lorry chassis that I have come across to be honest :)

NB. RC2 hasn't existed for some time; keep up at the back ;)

Now I am not knocking tomy / the old owners, but if a car maker kept recolouring the same model with a few minor additions but nothing more in improvements , it wouldn't sell much ( just ignore the Porsche 911 mind ,which I don't like) whilst I am fine with getting the most out of your moulds ect , it has to be said a new flat bed trailer with what ever extras is long overdue , in it's days it did fill a gap but now the new range of tractors has moved on in leap years compaired to the implements they provide , the new kane trailers show that.even kids need new stuff to buy toys or not and costs allowing they do have to move on with getting rid of these older models that sadly many associate with the few dark years in the britains history

I think you will find that offering new colours and adding a few extra features is mostly the way that most car makers do operate ;) Most cars get a couple of minor and at least one major facelift in their lifetime, and often the apparently 'new' model that replaces them is actually just new outer panels on the existing car.

Historically, Ertl have never had much interest in implements, and whilst the Britains sub-brand does have some autonomy (hence the JCB's, Land Rovers and the Kane trailers), I can't really see the overall attitude to making new implements being changed unless Tomy make an active change to the direction that Ertl has been taking for almost its entire existence.

In short, we are going to have to accept the best of a bad job to some extent - the Britains end doesn't appear to have the degree of independence or financial resources to go their own way with any quantity of new implements at once, so at best it will be a gradual uphill process.