Spalding Model Tractor Show Spring 2012

milo

I think they should upgrade you to the main hall, Mandy, but at least being in a corner gives you a little more manoeuvring space.

I am really looking forward to the weekend!

Thanks, Sue, but oh nooooooooooo... we like our little corner (and don't think of the small hall as being a downgrade at all). Everyone knows where we are now and once I convinced Colin that we're not actually selling 'dollies' (which I haven't quite forgiven him for I have to say ;) )... everything is just hunky dory :)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

roll on the weekend hope the weather holds up as this is going to be my holiday before the season kicks off at easter ,

now mark (bay) remember and introduce yourself to andy and the gang at the model farmer stand oh and part with your cash and get subscribed to the magazine

Hunky dory.......nice phrase I have not heard in a long time Mandy....but a good one...my only fear now is....... how the heck we manage to explain the meaning of this to ours only "Pops" aka as Rick in the USA ;D ;D

roll on the weekend hope the weather holds up as this is going to be my holiday before the season kicks off at easter ,

now mark (bay) remember and introduce yourself to andy and the gang at the model farmer stand oh and part with your cash and get subscribed to the magazine

And Brian I hope you can also convince Mark aka ( Bay) to come to the Aberdeen show as well ;D ;D

Andy Ingram aka ( Big A) tells me table numbers are now around 110 which is well up on last year where at a smaller hotel there were around 80 or 81 or maybe even 82....if my memory serves me correctly .,,,but when off duty numbers are the last thing on my mind :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this show which is the weekend before Bank Holiday Monday as well...so time off and time to get a show report done for Model Farmer ;D ;D

And Brian I hope you can also convince Mark aka ( Bay) to come to the Aberdeen show as well ;D ;D

Andy Ingram aka ( Big A) tells me table numbers are now around 110 which is well up on last year where at a smaller hotel there were around 80 or 81 or maybe even 82....if my memory serves me correctly .,,,but when off duty numbers are the last thing on my mind :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this show which is the weekend before Bank Holiday Monday as well...so time off and time to get a show report done for Model Farmer ;D ;D

well bill i will have a good go at mark , will take a poster and a couple of flyers with me for him and wont let him say no ha ha!

Now there is an idea....Brian..... and a good one... poster's and flyer's at Spalding even if only at the entrance door 8)

Have you still got or do you want me to email or post copies to you :huh:

i have to admit at never attending spalding,would love to,but that time of year im driving ,and since i dont get much real time driving tractors,i admit that i favour driving the real thing,there are allways great topics on here about the show,so will tune in to ftt sunday night

Hunky dory.......nice phrase I have not heard in a long time Mandy....but a good one...my only fear now is....... how the heck we manage to explain the meaning of this to ours only "Pops" aka as Rick in the USA ;D ;D

I'm on the "verge", of getting it Uncle Billy, thanks for the concern. ;)

Thanks, Sue, but oh nooooooooooo... we like our little corner (and don't think of the small hall as being a downgrade at all). Everyone knows where we are now and once I convinced Colin that we're not actually selling 'dollies' (which I haven't quite forgiven him for I have to say ;) )... everything is just hunky dory :)

Totally agree Pammy 8) Plus you wouldn't get to laugh allday watching R2 sweating his gonads off :-*

UTS will be in the usual place in the small hall (all the way down the left hand side) I'll be there chatting / drinking / eating whilst the others do the work...ps I normally have a hangover

See you Sat eve / Sun

It is just that the small hall can be very hot and the lighting is not brilliant. Still everyone is used to you being there and as for Barry... ... he never seems to be at his stand whenever I go past it!

As you can gather I am expecting it to be another hot weekend. I will not get caught out this year and will be taking some lighter clothing as last year I had to buy some.

We'll hopefully have our Radio Control Challenge in operation again. We have Siku tractors this time so I may make the course slightly harder to negotiate. Proceeds of this will again go to Cancer Research and prizes will be the 3 RC tractors used in the competition, kindly donated by Siku. :)

We'll hopefully have our Radio Control Challenge in operation again. We have Siku tractors this time so I may make the course slightly harder to negotiate. Proceeds of this will again go to Cancer Research and prizes will be the 3 RC tractors used in the competition, kindly donated by Siku. :)

That was good fun last year. I shall have my phone charged and stopwatch activated. Have you got a suitable board for the results to be posted?

I have to say that I am waiting for the worst of the panic to be over before I venture out to the petrol station, hopefully I will be able to get there before Saturday morning or I may not have enough fuel to get to Spalding and back :- :-

There probably wont be much in Spalding :- People being a bit crazy here considering a definitive strike has yet to be set plus, it would then require 7 days notice anyway, plus I've just heard it will not be next weekend anyway.

I filled up today and only because I was down to the last 50 miles and there were no queues at the Westhill BP service station but mind you that is not the cheapest in the area for diesel at 1.469 per litre or £ 6.68 per gallon "in old money". Personally I blame the media for getting some folk into panic buying :huh::angry:

went to ernsest does in braintree today for spares, and the police were at the sainsburys garage directing traffic. town at a standstill. interesting comments on the news from the labour party. were they not in office for the debacle over fuel shortage in 2000? people in glass houses mr edd milliband springs to mind!!

Perfectly normal at garages here. I can get down to Spalding and about 3/4 of the way back. Maybe I need a few jerry cans of white diesel in the boot. :)

Apparently there is twice as much storage in vehicle tanks than in service stations plus bulk tank farms.