Spalding Model Tractor Show Spring 2012

milo

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photos there...Mike, David and John...thanks for sharing 8)

Thanks Bill. Didn't rush around with quite the same velocity I normally do with my camera and I do appreciate there's quite a bit I missed. The stand down from Andy had pre - release models of the Britains Ford 6600 and 7600 tractors whilst Ian "Agrium" Leather had some smart looking conversions on his parts stand too. All in all it was a very enjoyable and relaxing day. :)

OMG. There was some real nice convos for sale at the show by the looks of those fab pics. All those DBP Fords :P . You just dont get those kinda offerings at the shows in southern Ireland. What i wont do to have a fat wallet heading to Spalding.

OMG indeed... for us this has to have been the BEST Spalding ever... just brilliant Company (apart from Barry, of course), yummy food (thanks to Frank... and Benny) and thanks to everyone who came to visit us on our stand.

and thanks Colin (who I promise never to accidentally kiss again ;) )

Ironically I ser more of what is on show from you peoples' photos than I do when I attend! I scan browse when I walk round Spalding, usually missing a fair few nuggets!!

John, Mike, David thank you for your time on the day amd for uploading your eye candy. Martyns stand looks very sweet indeed, the 600 series would have been more than welcome to come home with me!! George Pooled buildings as ever, look superb. I do like that farmhouse and the old cattle pen with shed. Very nice indeed. As are the models on show and the stand in general underneath the Model Farmer and Farmtoys Forum banner. Andy has done a fantastic job with that. If I'd known John was taking his combine....... I'd have dug out my swag bag!! :D :D

Dans stand looks well and truly rammed with his models too, as does Pauls. I hope they both did well on the day. I hope you all did, gutted I missed it. I spent the morning cleaning out the fridge! ::)

I have to say I had a great time this year even though the 3 Musketeers of Mark, Sean and Tris failed to attend. There were loads of new faces who came to the FTF stand and introduced themselves which was really great to see.

The one down side for me was the Saturday night in the Springfields Tavern who managed to run out of food by 8pm and so half of the gang had to go across the road to Frankie and Benny's diner, although by all accounts the food in there was immeasurably better than what was being offered by the Tavern anyway. I think we will end up in Frankie and Benny's next year and then just back to the Tavern for a couple of beers. That said, the company of Wil, Kaat and Sue made up for what was lacking in the food department, it was worth it just to see the look on Kaat's face when she sampled Piri-piri sauce >:D >:D>:D

You did a fab job with the photos Mr Cranston... thanks for sharing :-*:-* :-*

ps I can't believe so many of the FTF ol' timers couldn't make it either... they better have really good reasons for missing one of the most important events on the FTF Calendar >:(

Edited by Lady Ferguson

Lot's of lovely pictures,thank you everyone for posting,just wish I could have made it down there,but holiday rota was not in my favour,interesting to see the Wiking Claas Axion 950 there,was someone selling these :) :)

Regards

Joe.