Tractorworld 2012 - 3rd / 4th March 2012

Andy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Paul ...Mike has already put up an excellent selection of the "real deals "on show and also for sale. In addition our yours only FTF photographer David Laley is there so I'm sure there will be a fair selection of photos to see over the next week.

£ 1,100 pounds seems not a bad price for that "bagger" combine for a Massey collector...mind you you need to have a shed to store it in and well if you want to take it to shows you probably would require the services of a lorry.

There was a very original looking Farmall in Mike's photos on steel wheels all round...I suspect it was a Model H but what a beauty of a tractor still in original working clothes 8)

Got back myself about 45 mins ago as I am out in an hr or so , great show always good to meet up with Andy Marky gav and David not forgetting mike , few buys but as the pics show loads to see think David's got shots of every tractor there from what he said so expect more soon prob tommorrow/ Tuesday as he's got a long drive home from markys after getting there first

£1100?!! I'd have bought it for that!! Blimey, what a catch. Nice old Counties in there too and the little John Deere 1120 turned out well. I do like the rugged look of that Latil forestry tractor too, looks a real mans machine does that.

The 8630 indoors is worth a box of man size too I dare say, what a stunningly restored example. Nice tractor to work too, had the joy of mole ploughing with one one year. . ..Just need one in my 32nd collection now (Barry!!!). The Teagle spreader is interesting, never seen that at the shows before. Something about restored implements which always holds more worth to me than tractors as often when hitched off they were left for 11 months before being used again, done so without a grease or and oil up too!

Just returned home very tired after another brilliant and highly entertaining tractor and model related weekend spent in the company of Andy, Gav, Sean, Mark and Mike. This was my first experience of the Tractor World show and whilst there were lots of fascinating real tractors on display a number of which i'd never seen before. The highlight however was definitely the model displays and layouts. I've taken photographs of virtually all the real tractors on display and all of the layouts too. I missed a number of the tractors in the auction but that was largely down to how busy it was. Please be patient, i'll post a comprehensive selection of photographs over the coming week.

Great to catch up with many other members, some of which I met for the first time over the weekend and sample the culinary delights from Damien and Hazel. Thank you, they were absolutely delicious!

Thanks also to Mark for being an excellent chauffeur, the Rodeo did us proud.

What a superb show it was too... great to meet all my FTF mates.... trading friends.. display people as well as some of the Kelsey crew too. Thanks to the boys and Sharon for being great company over the weekend.. it was great to catch up and have our usual giggles.. mostly as poor old Sean's expense... poor lad... you are a good sport Pullover... that's why I love you !

Can't wait for next year...

And Damien and Hazel... (and daughter of the afore mentioned... sorry.. I forgot your name... rude of me :-[ ).. thanks x1000 for the pies and cakes... ALL of which were top notch.. with the sponge cake being my favourite... in fact... my favourite eat of 2012 so far I reckon... 10 out of 10.. for a young lady of 11 she sure does make a SUPERB cake I'll say that.. I think that made my weekend actually.

The weather was rubbish.. and it was freeeeeezing cold... but still a hugely enjoyable weekend all the same.

Oh... nearly forgot... thanks to Michelle for the chairs too :-*

PS... David... I'd like to see you in my office at 12 noon please... you may want to clear your in-tray first ;)