MarGe Models 2012

AJH

100% agree with Rory. only i's a Belgium plate ;D. Ours are yellow/black. MarGe have done some fantastic models but if you are going to spends thousands of euros on making a new model why on EARTH do a complete mock up of some random tractor that doesn't even look like the real thing? :- A massive waste of money and it will cost them a LOT of sales.

It is exactly because Marge have done something unusual with this model that I'll be buying it. If it had been 'standard' it would be very similar to UH's recently released County machine. Unless I'm mistaken the only two customisations are 1. The decals and 2. large tyres - both of which are probably the simplest things of all to alter on a model anyway, so I can't believe this will cost them many, if any, sales.

It is exactly because Marge have done something unusual with this model that I'll be buying it. If it had been 'standard' it would be very similar to UH's recently released County machine. Unless I'm mistaken the only two customisations are 1. The decals and 2. large tyres - both of which are probably the simplest things of all to alter on a model anyway, so I can't believe this will cost them many, if any, sales.

Could not have said it better Ol,spot on,

Regards

Joe.

I have to agree with Niels here with his comment below.

(MarGe have done some fantastic models but if you are going to spends thousands of euros on making a new model why on EARTH do a complete mock up of some random tractor that doesn't even look like the real thing)

There are, it seems, two schools of thought. There are people, such as Howard S, myself and Niels, who like to see models that are just like the real tractors, just as they left the factory. On the other hand, there are clearly plenty of other people who don't mind if the models are based on non-original tractors.

Personally, having seen the side profile picture, I think it looks a tremendous model, BUT I find it so frustrating that for the sake of say 10 minutes extra research on the internet, the correct decals could have been applied. You wouldn't do it with a model of an MF 165, MF 590 or a Ford 7600, so why do it with a County?

I seem to remember a heck of a storm among collectors a few years ago when the Britains Ford 7000 came out and the first issue had an incorrect bonnet decal (which was changed on the second batch to the correct colour).

Anyway, just my opinion.

RD

• Like 2

I agree completely with Howard S. Why on earth have Marge Models, a company who I greatly respect as model makers, based their model on a non-original version of the County 1884? I'm sorry but I don't buy into the theory that their initial release is a tribute to the owner of the real tractor. If that was the case, they would have added the non-original weight rack on the front, the Dutch registration plate and the twin flashing beacons on the cab for starters.

Plus, given the cost of such a venture, why would you risk releasing a non-original version of the model just to appease the owner?

No, I'm sorry, but I think it's a shame if this is going to be the final version. The main bonnet decals just don't look right.

RD

Rory, you're right. I didn't study the picture enough to notice they have missed off lots of other details if it were a tribute to the owners customised machine. Let's see what Marianne says about it.

Your ever so right Rory. I can fully understand Ol and Joe's opinion and I like models with a difference as well. But as Rory says doesn't the manufacturer want to make a replica of the real thing? I know that many people in the model world think the standard tyres are to skinny. And I agree that in certain cases better tyres can improve a model. However, this leaves a nice room for the rebuilders to be able to actually do something!

However, when a model manufacturer starts adding non-genuine decals or the like I can for the life of it not see the point in that. What Rory says, if they had done ten minutes more research it would have been accurate and appealed to a more broad public. Looking at the price tag of the previous MarGe Models this will have a premium price as well. And I don't mind paying 60/70 euros for a model but I expect something decent!

• Like 1

Personally Niels I'd say one decal that's not quite right hardly makes the model shocking. Okay it's not correct as it left the factor but it's hardly going to take hours of work to put right if the decal isn't to your liking. I'd guess they will end up changing th decal in the end anyway. Okay ten mins work would have got it right to start with but one dodgy decal isn't going to ruin the whole model that much. And it is a decent model. The colours look right, it's in proportion and it's well detailed. At least county enthusiasts have some great models available, theres not a single model of the tractors I grew up driving, well not a good one anyway without paying hundreds of pounds. Come on guys in the scheme of things one bad decal hardly ruins what looks like a well made model. Anyway you don't have to get one.

• Like 1

The problem with having to change the decal or altering any other details is that the model will not be original. which in the long term will negativly affect the value of the model. Now I do not collect models for their resale value but I think manufacturers should consider it! there are probably buyers out there that do care about the resale value but also want a accurate model.

Something doesnt quite look right here ??? I dont remember the rear wheels having gaps like that, they were solid casts werent they? And the front wheels seem a little too far forward. I could be wrong, that does happen once in a blue moon :laugh: . The rest of it looks promising but needs to be photoed from different angles before final judgement.

Edited by bluegreen

The front axel is to far forward and the wheels look plastic. The roof of the cab doesn't come down enough over the door. The rear wheels

have holes. But what is worst in my opinion is that the hood is to low. It should be higher than the heck. Its silhouette is more that of

a 7810. This for a price that is almost double that of athor producers.

Theike

Aside from the rear wheels that do indeed look odd (almost like there are 4 large spokes with the power adjustable variable track bit sitting in front of them - unless Marge has actually made a working PAVT wheel that adjusts on the model!?), I'm going to reserve judgement until a few more photos appear.

The angle is a bit odd and it's hard to tell if the front wheels are in the right place and the bonnet the right height or not - it almost looks like a wide angle photo lens has been used which might be part of the problem.

You can see that the hood or bonnet is to small when you take a look on the FORD letters. In fullscale model the F is placed more to the

back and the D sits halfway over the grill. The distance between letters and figures ist smaller in real.

Theike

post-3266-0-64876900-1346800068_thumb.jp

Edited by Theike