Whats your latest general buy 2012?

This is just a 'messing about' picture Bill, uploaded straight from the camera to here, I hope it comes out ok. Taken in the cameras '3D' mode. You may have to put on your 3D glasses to see it properly. ;)

post-806-0-96784900-1342286514_thumb.jpg

I'll take a few better pictures with it and post up, battery has to be charged up really and is easy as it charges from the PC USB cable through the PC or through the cable plugged into the mains USB plug. Have not loaded the disc onto the computer yet, don't want to clutter up the laptop, don't really need the CD manual and some picture programme that's on it, got a good programme already installed.

Here's a few pictures taken earlier this evening that hopefully will demonstrate the zoom on the new camera. A big lump of granite 1/2 a mile away looking across the back of my fields. It was a little hazy as we'd just had a bit of thunder and a very heavy downpour. First is in mormal mode, second is 1/2 zoom, third is full zoom.

Jul14_93.jpg

Jul14_95-2.jpg

Jul14_94.jpg

Probably not the correct place to follow on Bill but there is another big lump of granite about the same distance to the West of me, this one is called Blackenstone rock, the previous one is called Heltor rock. They are in fact Tors, as the Tors on Dartmoor, extinct volcano 'plugs' from whence time began. There is a legend about these two rocks, it is said that a pair of giants lived on each one and they hated each other and hurled big rocks at each other until one eventually killed the other, it is said that this is why there are a large amount of big rocks more or less in a line in the fields between the two big rocks that 'fell short' when they were chucking them at each other, there is an area on the local map close by that is marked as 'giants grave' wher one of them was reputed to have been buried, there is a long deep depression in the ground visible. Here's Blackenstone rock. (Perhaps another thread should be started titled 'your area landmarks')

post-806-0-01955400-1342345565_thumb.jpg

There is another local legend relating to this rock. It's said that back in the early 1600's a joung woman was drawn to the local little town fair by the sound of the music and festivities coming across on the wind, she succumbed to the temtation to go and left her newborn baby in its cot out in the garden of the house she lived in forgetting all about it. On her return home the next morning the cot was empty and no child could be found. A month later the remains of the child were discovered on top of the rock of which the crows were said to have taken the child and picked its bones clean. Said to be a true story, even an article was printed in a local paper in the 1950's about it, something to do with a series of articles on local legends that the paper was running at the time. Dartmoor is full of legends and mysteries.

Probably not the correct place to follow on Bill but there is another big lump of granite about the same distance to the West of me, this one is called Blackenstone rock, the previous one is called Heltor rock. They are in fact Tors, as the Tors on Dartmoor, extinct volcano 'plugs' from whence time began. There is a legend about these two rocks, it is said that a pair of giants lived on each one and they hated each other and hurled big rocks at each other until one eventually killed the other, it is said that this is why there are a large amount of big rocks more or less in a line in the fields between the two big rocks that 'fell short' when they were chucking them at each other, there is an area on the local map close by that is marked as 'giants grave' wher one of them was reputed to have been buried, there is a long deep depression in the ground visible. Here's Blackenstone rock. (Perhaps another thread should be started titled 'your area landmarks')

post-806-0-01955400-1342345565_thumb.jpg

I'll second you on that one Tim and better too since we don't want to be caught going off topic...I have a couple of stories on local landmarks as well ;D ;D.......back on topic... today 3 99's at Alford today when I took the folks a run in their car which hasn't been out for a couple of months.

Edited by BC

Can be a bugger of a place in the dead of winter, you have to make sure your log and coal shed is full, also your oil tank and the deep freezer and it's always a good idea to keep your standby generator serviced. Nice place in the spring, summer and autumn but we can get all four seasons together in one day at any time of the year.

There are literally hundreds of books on Dartmoor, I've got quite a large and extensive library of them, some are now very rare, especially early copies and can command quite high prices.

well waiting for the comet truck to turn up,time from 7 am to 7pm given,new washing machine,last week the shower backed up,so a new shower,at the same time,oven inner glaas door blown,and about 2 months ago the dyson packed up,so a very expensive last 2 months

well waiting for the comet truck to turn up,time from 7 am to 7pm given,new washing machine,last week the shower backed up,so a new shower,at the same time,oven inner glaas door blown,and about 2 months ago the dyson packed up,so a very expensive last 2 months

washing machine turned up at about 10.30,had a call to say it was about an hour away,they took the old machine,and i had the easy job of connecting it,i now hope nothing else goes wrong!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got myself a Proxxon saw, well it's on order and will be here in 5-7 days!!!

I went for the FET model which you can alter the blade angle on for 45 degree cuts.

Can't wait to start cutting stuff up, lots more stuff being built at "ches-Barry" B)

FET.jpg

• Like 1

Just for play.

I'm getting tired of cutting plastic with a knife, and there are so many things I want to make that require cutting stuff, hopefully with this i'll be making lots of things, plus I want to have a go at making some buildings, cow shed and machinery shed etc

Finally got myself a Proxxon saw, well it's on order and will be here in 5-7 days!!!

I went for the FET model which you can alter the blade angle on for 45 degree cuts.

Can't wait to start cutting stuff up, lots more stuff being built at "ches-Barry" B)

FET.jpg

Stuck up git. :D

I hope you cut your bloody fingers off with it! :P

The extendable bench top is also a nice addition to this I think too

• Like 1