Whats your latest general buy 2012?

A Younger man multipurpose 4 section ladder which is light and fits nicely in the boot. Can be used as a workbench as well as for a model photo shoot. Great bit of kit and reasonably priced...Costco ofcourse ;D ;D

P1000656.jpg

P1000658.jpg

A Younger man multipurpose 4 section ladder which is light and fits nicely in the boot. Can be used as a workbench as well as for a model photo shoot. Great bit of kit and reasonably priced...Costco ofcourse ;D ;D

May I enquire as to what the price was Bill, I could do with one of those :)

I don't think so Barry since well I thought that would have been better. I've left it at the folks so I can access dads garage loft easier than moving his car and taking one half of two heavy wooden ladders on the other side of the garage wall. There is a heap of old stuff I put up there last February when we had to clear out a shed that had to be moved at a friends farm. I intend to take some it to a vintage roup in August. I know for a fact I have a TEF 20 gear box with broken 3rd gear cog up there and a fergie drawbar.It will probably be next Sunday before I'm back that way but I will try and see if it can be set up with the hinge down. Would be better for bench purposes. Just a thought if it does not Barry and you have some joinery skills you could get two pieces of wood say 2 inches wide x 3 inches high and then cut out a half moon to sit over the hinge and then screw a sheet of flooring chipboard on top.

Nice buy there Alex shame its not the twin cam 1.2 as I know they are quite fast.Or is it going to be a project for a man of your skills like a bigger ford engine in to it maybe.

Looks like it's droping some oil or water though in your photo?

Nice buy there Alex shame its not the twin cam 1.2 as I know they are quite fast.Or is it going to be a project for a man of your skills like a bigger ford engine in to it maybe.

Looks like it's droping some oil or water though in your photo?

Hi pal, it's quite nippy, could probably make it a bit faster with a service... the clock says 44k but it could be 2nd or 3rd time around. the aim is to make some quick cash on it, so either get it through an MOT and flog it or just break it/weigh it in... the large puddle is from where i ran over the brake cleaner container.... (that'll be another £20 spent at parkers) and the other puddles are brake fluid and gearbox oil from the dreaded Corsa C clutch change i became involved with last week... ::)

don't need any more transplant projects, i've got a 1977 clubman estate half way through a vauxhall c20xe redtop transplant, which is costing me far too much £ hence the need to make some wonga on the fiasco, i mean fiesta.

2012-03-31162437.jpg

N reg ford fiesta LX (read poverty spec) 1.3l endura engine, £50. bargain.

Nice buy for that price Alex...but really I "cannot believe it" that reg number ...a Ford Fiesta cannot pump out 558 BHP :huh:

i think it's got the 58 part... just bought a full lock set for the above car, shall we say that some undesirables have rendered access to the boot, fuel tank and ignition near impossible... another £50, however have found means to obtain service items without paying so that will reduce the budget! current score is that i'm £100 in and no closer to an MOT! oh also attempted to replace the passenger side mirror glass, broke the new one too.

Edited by goon

A new washing machine. Last one was only bought end of July 2010 but programs and spins went mad last week. Took it back to Costco and got full refund. They didn't have a model I wanted on Friday but they had ones in today. Lets hope it lasts longer than the last two but heck why should I care went Costco have effectively these lifetime guarantees. Now then that Karcher power washer of mine is getting a bit old and pump is "hunting" when not spraying water..maybe it will be my next return ;D ;D

Do the two outer parts fold the other way too Bill?

(so you get a flat "bench", without the hinge pointing up and being in the way of putting a flat board on the top)

Looking at the cardboard wrapper that was around it I think not Barry .

P1000739.jpg

3 part worn tyres with 6mm tread and one almost brand new tyre for the c2 from a friend, for £20. bargain. oh and got given a motorbike helmet for when the mini is finished and i want to hit the 1/4 mile!

The Fiesta registration is probably worth more that the vehicle and if you put a decimal point between the 5's the hp would be about right! ;)

My latest purchase was a nice complete and as new astronomical refractor telescope in my local charity shop for £19.50 just had to have it at that price. Won't be looking at the stars here tonight though, grey overcast sky.

The Fiesta registration is probably worth more that the vehicle and if you put a decimal point between the 5's the hp would be about right! ;)

My latest purchase was a nice complete and as new astronomical refractor telescope in my local charity shop for £19.50 just had to have it at that price. Won't be looking at the stars here tonight though, grey overcast sky.

where do i sell the number plate though! technically, if you ignore the first 5, and just take the 58, the bhp figure is spot on squire!

There are a few valuation sites if you google 'vehicle registration values' that will give you a rough estimate of its worth, you type in the registration and wait a second for the answer. I think that there are links on the site to those that buy and sell registrations and the DVLA site will give you more info on how you go about it and the legalities. Be wary though of the fact that there may be some hidden things such as commission and other fees but if you are seriously considering selling it, get an accurate valuation by asking or searching around as some 'dealers' could be like these 'sell your gold' cowboy firms that advertise on tv, give you around a tenth of what it's actually worth.