3D Printer

jdc

Question

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Barry's mentioned , is there a good bit of software out there that's easy to use? I would prefer to play arround on that first , see how I get on with that , before I fork out on the printer to be ho eat . I can use laptops etc but cad stuff is completley new to me , I am lucky that 1 I can afford to buy one and 2 the wifes interested in one , to use with the grand kids , it's the future afterall

I use pro desktop and solidworks and I prefer solidworks but you would need to go to a locally owned computer shop and they would be able to point you in the direction for to buy a copy of the software to use and I got mine through school

Hugh

I use pro desktop and solidworks and I prefer solidworks but you would need to go to a locally owned computer shop and they would be able to point you in the direction for to buy a copy of the software to use and I got mine through school

Hugh

The school I went ran solid works with their printer as well, never got chance to use it but guess its a common system and it has a database much like Google sketch up where you can import present made designs

Can anyone take a IH 674 bonnet to ASDA York and scan it for me please in 1/32nd scale just seen this on youtube asda offering scanning and printing services       :of::)

Hahaha, that's awesome and a great way of promoting the new technology. I'm sure there are loads of company's that offer the service of scanning and printing an item like a bonnet, have a look on Google for them

On the subject of 3d design software

So I have been off sick from school with a bad chest and decided to do something useful with my time so I started to do something on solidworks. The trailer was drawn in several pieces and then rendered using the built in rendering tools

kane1_zpsrxwagkpb.jpg

kane%202_zps4rv0u5mw.jpg

kane%203_zpspmochevp.jpg

kane%204_zpsrd70odwc.jpg

It's a bit big for my school's 3 d printer and it was drawn from the britians low loader so that I can plan how I'm going to cut the model up and change it without having to do it by trial and error and it allows me to make parts and see how they look without actually making them

This is getting seriously tempting now,combined scanner printer for £ 694 and simple to use, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_iBKHU-O0  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Da-Vinci-1-0-AiO-DESKTOP-3D-PRINTER-SCANNER-ALL-IN-ONE-/121557555626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4d6519aa a fine machine to "cut your teeth" to learn the basic's,!!

Regards

Joe.

that's the first one I have seen with the scanner fitted to, well home based one anyway, I got my cad software the other day, got it installed but not had time to have a proper play yet , hopefully I am off Friday for the weekend so I will have a look properly then, see what I can create

that's the first one I have seen with the scanner fitted to, well home based one anyway, I got my cad software the other day, got it installed but not had time to have a proper play yet , hopefully I am off Friday for the weekend so I will have a look properly then, see what I can create

You must have missed this then Sean,i posted that on the 28th October last year

Well it's been a few months since I last looked into 3D printing,and things have changed quite a bit there is now this http://www.zeus.aior...om/#!demo/c1ahu 3D printer / scanner,this machine could have serious implications as it can also Fax scans or designs,if you and a few of your mates had one each there would be no limit as to what you could pass back and forth between you,still quite expensive at the moment,there's one on E-bay dot com for £1.549,but who knows how much they'll cost this time next year, http://www.ebay.co.u...=item23429db0c6

Regards

Joe.

The Tiko printer cost including the quoted maximum shipping cost would be £129.10 they say that depending where in the World you are that the maximum shipping would be $65 (£41). I bet they'll sell hundreds of thousands! Delivery expected around December.

Seem's a bit more complicated than I first thought,it was late when I noticed it on Facebook,difficult to see if they are all sold out Barry,as to get one you you have to be a backer,?? and order from Kickstarter,shipping doesn't start until November shipping from China,postage calculated to your destination,apparently you may spot the odd one on ebay,but at a much higher price,unsurprisingly. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiko3d/tiko-the-unibody-3d-printer/video_share

Regards

Joe.

It certainly is not the easiest web site to navigate Barry, it show's in this grab," Limited (1762 left of 3000) ",so there appears to be 1762 left,??,but delivery expected March 2016,!! and no more production until first batch sold,

Tiko_zpsjbk7bslf.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Who knows joe, 3D printing is coming down cost wise hugely, I keep getting Facebook messages about a printer that's $375 plus shipping, inc import taxes , it's not big, recon it would just fit a tractor cab maybe?? But for smaller bits like loader kits , bonnets stuff like that, it could be an option .not sure what $375 is in uk money, but I suspect it's cheap, my biggest issue is finding a good software program that I would find easy to use, whilst I can do all sorts with very thin glass, computer software has never been my strongest ability 

Very awkward to find out infomation but it seems that these are just a glorified, desk top sized injection moulder. You 3D print a mould on a printer or CNC it in a mill in the same way you make an RTV silicone mould for resin or a metal mould is made for diecasting. Certainly not something to compete with a 3D printer in all ways but quick mass production

Archived