What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

Not so much a tractor but saw this weird thing on a lorry the other day whilst stuck in the queue for that tractor fire i posted , couldnt figure out what it was, well its appeared on anlocal grass growers Facebook page today,a 15 gang mower unit for them , thing is huge  

DA22B8FA-5B5B-4C86-B738-283500E649F1.jpeg

BAF9CA66-501A-4100-8B05-ED9FCF409EDE.jpeg

47F1AA77-206A-4654-9043-BBB0651474B8.jpeg

1D8D36AC-144D-48B1-A16F-6B81D20BD36C.jpeg

• Like 5

I needed some extra space to park a truck on a job. Was told I could access the shed in the yard. Inside was a TE20, 65, 165 (203) and a Super Major. In another shed was a Nuffield Universal.

Went on to the next place we are going to be working to figure out the logistics and there was a 7A1 6600 with FIECO cab.

Also saw a shiny new Tumosan 88-95 on the way home.

• Like 3

A lot of ground has been ploughed in the last 48 hours over here as the land starts to dry out.

Lots of tractors out everywhere.

But what made my day was meeting a farmer who still runs (since new) a 1978 FIAT 780 2wd, 1978 FIAT 1300 4wd, and 1980 FIAT 780DT Pininfarina. He also runs a JD3650, which he'll have out top dressing tomorrow with an Amazone spreader.

I'm back that way next week, so if I see him in the yard I'm to pop in and get pics.

20180304_144152.jpg

20180304_143624.jpg

20180304_144322.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

on the way up to bristol, on the a38 first thing i went past a class jag,grass header on, followed by a jd with class linner 4 rotor  rake ,and 5 tractors with silage trailers off somewhere, all belonging to a company called alvis contractors on them, mix of fendt and jd tractors. so someones cutting silage, on the way back went past another of there tractors, a fendt with tripple mowers on,and it had been used as it had fresh grass stuck on the blades and on top of the front mower. certainly plenty of other people out rolling to 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting in the car wash today when a 7720 pulled up on the forecourt with a stone fork on the front and a 3m chisel harrow on the back, Next thing an 8735 pulled in behind him with a 6m power harrow and bed former.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ireland's Grass and Muck event is on this Thursday, so lots of nice kit coming off the ferry today.

I met three JS Reid Scanias with Claas kit on't back. First one had a tractor and a very big Jag. Second one had a loading shovel, which was much smaller than I expected the Torion to be. Third one had a tractor and a Cargos 8400.

I also passed the CASE show wagon which had a couple of references to Steyr on it.

• Like 1

3 x deutz 9340ttv with strausman ? 3 axel pick up trailers , dam they are big bits of kit for this nexk of the woods . infact there were quite a few pick up wagons working arround clovelly way today ,but none as big as these things 

• Like 2

Saw one of Pretoria energies 5 new  NH T7315 /18 row Horsch maize drill rigs working locally this week, unfortunately I had no camera with me.

And after many years of John Deere getting the lions share of G Shropshires 100 hire tractor fleet for summer work across their 10000 acre+ salad & arable land, this year they have surprised everyone and gone for 50+ Masseys instead!!   Most are the tail end of the pre S series but Ive spied a couple which have the fancy new grille and lights:)..........................And Gs have also got a fleet of NH T7.210/ 190s just arrived.............................its all Red and Blue again just like when I was a kid before JD muscled in and took over:D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, weblet375 said:

Yesterday on my home from work went past new holland at basildon,saw two T7.210 two wheel drive sitting in the yard.

I would love to see a photo of those. I thought NH stopped offering 2wd as an option on the T6 and T7 ranges a long time ago.

• Like 1

One fleet of JD silage gear traveling up the dual carriage way east of Cork city .. Fleet was a JD 7700 harvester , 6175M,6150M, 6630 all with Broughan  trailers .then a local fleet belonging to Andrew O Riordan carting past my house ..with a NH TM 155 Classic , T7.210 ,T6.175 & a JD 6830 with a mix of Dooley & Broughan trailers . My brother was also giving a helping hand with the long draw to the clamp of almost 15 miles round trip .. Backing up Andrews fleet with a JD 6910 & Dooley belonging to the farm that had Andrew hired in to harvest. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

nice old fleet working away at silage, old zetor crystal 4wd  on a trailed nh i think  forager , a 2wd zetor along side and a leyland behind both with home made corrigated side single axel trailers, a ford 6610 4wd drawing out the feild  with another self made trailer, passed a jd 3130 2wd opu cab with old west single axel  silage trailer heading back just down the road, and in the field next door a mf 135 rowing up with a old lely acrobat . the joys of north cornwall/devon, old school farms still about 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

nice old fleet working away at silage, old zetor crystal 4wd  on a trailed nh i think  forager , a 2wd zetor along side and a leyland behind both with home made corrigated side single axel trailers, a ford 6610 4wd drawing out the feild  with another self made trailer, passed a jd 3130 2wd opu cab with old west single axel  silage trailer heading back just down the road, and in the field next door a mf 135 rowing up with a old lely acrobat . the joys of north cornwall/devon, old school farms still about 

Sean, Definitely one you should have had a camera with you for .would be some lovely photos

• Like 1

could see them ok, all be it a bit away from the road bar the ford and jd but its a 60 mph  road ,very twisty and no where to stop, had i had my old ford i would have turned round and gone into the field , but i wouldnt dare try it in this fiat thing,tow tractors around or not  :D, i suspect i will see it again ,come  second cut,we have a fair bit of work that way over the next few months, will put my spare proper camera in the van. can zoom better with that one .

• Like 2

NH T7.235 with a set of JD butterfly mowers .  Then Cronin Agri Bros fleet passed in convoy with 2x NH T7.270s (one a BluePower ) & there Case Puma 240 Blackbeauty ... all with Strautmann wagons along with there JCB 416 .

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just gone past roy daveys(south east cornwall contractor) class lexion out cutting a very golden field of what i can only asume  is winter barley . The swaths looked very gold to so i asume its being baled? Honestly dont know if they would bale it if its being cut for crimping as i thought it was cut early , theres a good few fields arround that way that have had a lovley colour to them for a few weeks now 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 9:02 PM, Tractorman810 said:

3 x deutz 9340ttv with strausman ? 3 axel pick up trailers , dam they are big bits of kit for this nexk of the woods . infact there were quite a few pick up wagons working arround clovelly way today ,but none as big as these things 

That must have been an impressive sight, Sean.  Deutz few and far between this way, though I did see a new one (6xxx TTV?) at a distance  pulling a Silage wagon a few days ago.  The farm it was working from is mainly Claas so wasn't sure if it was on demo or something.

There are odd older ones about, but its almost a novelty to see one.

• Like 1

Have not seen them myself but combine been cutting winter barley since Tuesday this week at Darmsdon  , which is right next to the land that I rent at Baylham and I have barley on that land and it possibly could be cut but tramlines are very green

• Like 2