Oakley Estate Farms

We had a nice surprise today with the delivery of the new Grimme CW150 destoner the farm ordered last year, this should improve output when planting as the old CS1500 machine was becoming abit tired and will now probably be sold attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Maurice unloading her attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Put to bed in the machinery shed until spring attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cracking display, who made the destoner?

My cousins farm up near Warwick and he loves axial flow combines, he has two! I think it comes down to personal preference, if you like a machine, its reliable, does a good job and is backed up well by main dealer support your going to stay with that manufacturer or buy another. As for the 770tt it has already been sold im afraid, somebody was very quick off the mark!

Some updates, the lads are back off holiday now, Steve has put the Shakerator on and is changing points in the workshop, this is ready to subsoil 500 acres of new land taken on as a joint contract farming partnership with a neighbour, the new block of land is called Yarlington post-2769-0-00577000-1385211032_thumb.jp

Mark has got our neighbours low-loader and has put our mini digger on to dig all the ditches and widen all the gateways to 12 metres to allow the combines to go field to field without taking the header off, he has also put the link box on with chainsaw and chains in it to cut all the low branches off the trees up there, Joe is going to follow up there with the JCB and grab with a trailer on to burn up rubbish and hedge scrub post-2769-0-89286000-1385211357_thumb.jp post-2769-0-64889900-1385211407_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tim's job on the run up to Xmas is to cut all the road hedges and parkland, here he is making a start on the farm entrance post-2769-0-41407000-1385211554_thumb.jp post-2769-0-29784700-1385211612_thumb.jp

I have bought a few new toys lately, first is a Unimog, bit of a unknown buy but i do have some uses for it, firstly im going to fit a tank on the back with a mixing bowl so that it can mix up chemical at the farm and run the roads to keep the sprayer going, this will improve efficiency massively with 5000 acres to cover over several farms and with timings critical it justifies itself nicely,in time i will have a trailed bowser to go on the back, also iv fitted a hitch on the back and with an 80kph box it will handle a trailer nicely keeping that chaser bin going in the summer! post-2769-0-45824000-1385212001_thumb.jp

Finally iv bought a trailer, yes another one! This time its an 18t Larrington Majestic. With the legal maximum gross weight possibly moving next year from 24t to 32/35t it was time to take advantage of it, now with two 18t trailers on farm it will certainly help keep the grain moving as well as carting more profit. post-2769-0-08254100-1385212356_thumb.jp post-2769-0-52768100-1385212434_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Thanks chaps, i really enjoy posting updates on here, its great they are appreciated, im looking forward to having more time soon to get on here and look at other display's. The Larrington is a Three Oaks model, iv got a bit of a thing about trailers! I do have another trailer hidden away in the back of one of my sheds but im not saying anymore until spring next year!

• Like 3

My cousins farm up near Warwick and he loves axial flow combines, he has two! I think it comes down to personal preference, if you like a machine, its reliable, does a good job and is backed up well by main dealer support your going to stay with that manufacturer or buy another. As for the 770tt it has already been sold im afraid, somebody was very quick off the mark!

nooooooooo! i could of had it any whey ill have to have a bit of a haggle at spalding for a half decent one

Yes Oakley Farms is now the proud owner of a Lexion 780tt, not something we planned on buying but the Claas rep was desperate for our 770tt and this 780 was a canceled order sat in their yard so he made too good a deal to turn down, comes with Business Cab, Sight and Light extras, Cruise Pilot and the new Cemos Automatic option, we are really hoping all this boosts output even more. However we are still waiting for the new 770tt we ordered back in July but we are told this could be here by next week post-2769-0-23505300-1385573427_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Alex im not too sure you keep up with them trailers  of yours at this rate , may you be getting another :-X  -- the farms looking & sounding more real by the day mate & reading  the  topic  is very interesting  :)