Harvest started yet

Tractorman810

Sean - I understand it's been rather wet and miserable in the South West, perhaps that has made the crops start to rot before they could be harvested? :(

Meanwhile, harvest is almost finished here in Suffolk - very few cereals still standing. I popped out to the local supermarket (5miles away) and saw five combines on the way, Claas, MF and NH. There is one large block of wheat fields near here need knocking down near Kelsale, but other than that just the odd one here and there. Boo! :-[

must have been mate, weird thing is they have had good 3/4 day breaks with heat to dry stuff,plenty of others arround went for it on those days , they just never cut this one? same guys cut his fields opposite ok, one was done overnight infact. so why he l;eft this i guess we will never know

must have been mate, weird thing is they have had good 3/4 day breaks with heat to dry stuff,plenty of others arround went for it on those days , they just never cut this one? same guys cut his fields opposite ok, one was done overnight infact. so why he l;eft this i guess we will never know

Now, this may seem a little crazy.... Even for your neck of the woods. Maybe, he may have more that one field! :of:D:P

i know tris :of :of :of weird eh ,seriously though, hes cut everything arround this one, and it looked perfectly ok even when we had the dry week or so,infact i would have said it would have been one of the first to cut all those weeks back it looked that ready even then . it's only really gone beyond the last 2 or 3 weeks. its not a big field, prob 15 acres odd if that but it seems a hell of a waste of cash to just cut down? after all the spraying ect to this point

What's wrong with it? Unusual to hear of Claas machines not performing?

so far over 12 call out, ever day a new problem comes in it for sensors to ram to gear boxs. bad noise out oft it and dont know the noise, not good for a new one others new one have had engine go ect

All kicking off in east Suffolk again after the rains - saw a NH CR 9080, two JD (C670i and T670i) and a Lexion 760TT running this evening :)

Photos of the latter will appear in the usual place, and photos of the NH and JDs will be up at the end of harvest on a "Round up of the non-Claas Combines" page.

;)

/m.

i was waching a jd 9880sts doing linseed.it was tough going,every10 yards he stopped a untangle the reel.can you harvest linseed not using thr reel?.

I think so yes but it does sometimes need encouragment to fall into the header. On TX34 and 32 I used to take the stone trap off behind the knife and remove most of the header tines.

Nothing happening here for over a week now. Wet straw everywhere. :(

i traveled up from bucks to shropshire yesterday to visit family while i have a few days offf and i was amazed when i hit the wolverhampton, telford and shrewsbury areas as to how much wheat and barley is left, every other field had a standing crop in it and quite a few wheat crops are not looking too good now. and i thought we were not doing to well down in aylesbury but after seeing all the lad back here we are well ahead of the rest. im going to try and get out to my ex employer at some point today and see how they are getting on as they look as they have a few hundred acres of wheat left and allot of barley

more pics. where the baler was behind the combine the bales needed pushing out of the way so the trailers could unload on the move.

019.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

026-1.jpg

All trailers are tailboard tip over the intake pit and through the continuous flow dryer and then onto on floor store.

031.jpg

Just back at the farm the farms come alive this time of year with the lights on.

046.jpg

054.jpg

We had a guess of how much was on the trailer. my guess was gross 24 ton, my friend guessed 26 his wife 27 and Sharon guessed 30 ton and I said know way look what I know.

049.jpg