What is your most valuable model in your collection?

deKleijn

A very good question Jan and could mean different things to different people

1) Sentimental value as your Deutz above which you cannot put a price on

2) Price paid which could be worth less now

3) Market value which is like dealing in the stock market....values can go up but also down

You can answer the question how ever you fancy, anything with a good story. And if anyone has an extremely rare model it would be interesting to know about it, were you found it, market value etc.

Theres allot of sites around so over looking an extremely rare model is possible

I thought your question was fairly obvious to what you mean't mate. Mine could be my Britains FTF Gold Ford 6600. One of thirty and one of only three in a display case as originally supplied. I won it in a competition here on FTF as Forum Contributor of the Year :) One fetched over £700 on eBay and that was a Britains issue box. Even if it was only worth half that it would still be my most valuable. It's priceless to me either way though, the joy/value for me is owning the model(s), not the selling of them.

Second is probably my Britains Livestock Transporter gift set with animals and pens. Got that one for a bargain via Niels in Holland to replace a long dispersed set I had as a kid, a holy grail that one was so to have found that truly was amazing :)

For me it's two old Britains models that I don't actually own but exist within my collection purely for sentimental value. My Dad's Britains Fordson Super Major and Ford 5000.

They were originally my Dad's own toys from when he was child and he certainly made the most of them. They ended up in a very play worn and battered state but thankfully he still kept them. Last year my Dad was forced to retire at the age of 60 through disability from an almost life long career driving tractors and all things earthmovers and plant machinery. As a surprise Christmas present to cheer him up I passed the tractors onto collector and customiser Malcolm Booth from Lincoln when I attended the Newark Tractor and Heritage Show last November so they could be restored. Right on schedule this is how they looked in time for Christmas, Malcolm also provided a three furrow plough with them which was a complete surprise to us both. My Dad was absolutely over the moon with them and I cannot thank Malcolm enough for the work he put into these two models. :)

P1130436_zps164bd925.jpg

P1130447_zpsc06da1b5.jpg

• Like 1

cash wise only 1 bought model so far, my chestnut minitures mf 510 combine, took ages to get hold of and theres not many out there,

sentimental wise i guess would be my scratch built combines, mf 625, jd 965 and lely victory ,have been offered substanstial cash for all 3 over various shows, but no way would i part with them

Personally its not about the money, as i mentioned before if i do come accross something rare at a bargain then it would be nice to know.. And nice nick that is quiet a nice model you have there especially when you can relate it to the real thing

Edited by deKleijn
  • Like 1

It is mate, mind you it took long enough to build the yellow beast!! And I guess it is probably influenced by the fact that 1:32 scale Muir Hills are so rare.

You do have a beauty there, although I have never seen one 1:1

Without question its my Britains Ford 5000 which was bought by Santa back in 1977..still have it, sadly the cab went through all that heavy handed carpet farmiing, I still treasure my original Britains MF combine from Santa the following year, it still has the plaster on the spout ;)