Cherished Registration Number Of The Day

BL03 JOB was running round on a jag that the DVLA were rather angry about.

But my personal favourite is TE09 PER with my surname being Teper but at the moment we have T99 TEP.

Then a friend runs a V8 scania T Cab under the company name J and R Millington with the number plate V800 JRM.

W.M.Ellison of Preston also have and R500 plate R500 WME which is running on a R620 but still pretty good.

Just a shame theres less fun this decade with standard plates what with 6 not resembling a letter so 60,61,62,63... Are a bit useless for cherrished plates however 2019 could be interesting ;)

Quite a lot of recovery vehicles have TOW as part of their registration

My friend Stuart who runs a heavy recovery vehicle business has M500 TOW on his Scania T cab unit and also M400 TOW on retention which used to be on his Silver Volvo with slideback.

I remember reading somewhere that H4MAS  was never put into circulation. Bloody government censorship

Certain numbers the DVLA hold back and sell via a "sealed bid auction". Some years ago Stewart bid for SCA 111A and won it and is now on his 1990 Scania 143 V8 which is the back up unit for the T cab.

I notice that  registration plates that relate to tractors are no longer being offered on eBay, I think they've finally got the message that tractor registrations are 'non transferable'.

There used to be a chap in Peterculter who worked with Harpers one of the Ford dealers in Aberdeen many moons ago. He always drove a Ford car and had the plate FAV 4D which translated as Favorite Fordie 8)

My 21st several years ago got me P19GLY it was less pretentious than having something with my name on it but does mean no one knows how old my car is. Driving around in a new car can either be a sign to some clients that you are good at your job and get paid well or can look like you earn too much and are rubbing it in. Either way people either love number plates or hate them.

The B19 COD is a Devon registration, issued through the old Plymouth area District Council. The last two letters of a registration tells you where a vehicle was registered if you have the means to look them up, in the back of old AA Members handbooks is where you'll find it.

The B19 COD is a Devon registration, issued through the old Plymouth area District Council. The last two letters of a registration tells you where a vehicle was registered if you have the means to look them up, in the back of old AA Members handbooks is where you'll find it.

Also available on line these days Tim,http://www.kingkong.demon.co.uk/where/gb.htm

Regards

Joe.

I think some of them are awful paying 2k for something that a blind dyslexic would realise its not even close to your name. I prefer low number Northern Irish one, my last tractor had IIB 740 was a nice one. Can anyone shed any light on what the current prefix uk ones mean i.e. ab58cde, i know the 58 is second half of 2008 but what do the letters mean?? over here we have different regs for each county.

I think some of them are awful paying 2k for something that a blind dyslexic would realise its not even close to your name. I prefer low number Northern Irish one, my last tractor had IIB 740 was a nice one. Can anyone shed any light on what the current prefix uk ones mean i.e. ab58cde, i know the 58 is second half of 2008 but what do the letters mean?? over here we have different regs for each county.

AB is the Area Code, similiar to the I and Z area codes in Norn Iron. The two numbers are the Age Identifier. The last three letters are random.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom,_Crown_dependencies_and_overseas_territories

Theres a local man with a Ford 7810 thats registered 90-C-7810

A big contractor from west Cork who is no longer in business had a JD 7810 as 02-C-7810

And I know of a man that had 90-C-3050 on his 2wd JD 3050

• 2 months later...

Archived