Ballycross 1/32

F8N

13 hours ago, modelfarmer2010 said:

I just used a front door mat and cut it. I stepped back one part. It looks a bit hairy up close but from a distance it does the job on my farm 

A86DB118-04AB-4AB4-9013-85096869CE54.jpeg

That dissent look bad at all.. Tidy.. Have you just cut it in strips then glued onto something? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nice pics Gary. Can I ask were did you pick up the Golden Jub  T7.270 ?? Is it a ROS model modified.? 

It is indeed justy Peter Hardy done it it for me a few years ago. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Stunning pictures Gary :) 

Thank you.. I'm really struggling to get the colours right with my phone the grass matts are brushwood but they don't appear very green in most of the pics. It really is hard to beat the natural light. 

On 3/30/2020 at 7:05 PM, F8N said:

Thank you.. I'm really struggling to get the colours right with my phone the grass matts are brushwood but they don't appear very green in most of the pics. It really is hard to beat the natural light. 

What lights are you using in the room? Are they warm? I have the same problems with things looking different colours so I tried a lamp with a daylight bulb, it is good but like you say nothing beats natural daylight, not as many shadows :) 

I'm not sure what they are to be honest.. They're tubes I'd expect they're warm as theyr not white.. It's a new house so it's just whatever the electrician put in.. Iv found that the colour is a bit better if you manage to get up thete earlier in the day and there's more natural light coming in the sky lights.. Only thing then is the glare flashing off the back drop... 

IMG_20200402_185424.jpg

IMG_20200402_182343.jpg

IMG_20200402_182231.jpg

IMG_20200402_173402.jpg

IMG_20200402_174026.jpg

IMG_20200402_170024.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SPN said:

ah lad, is that a 939 on a 3m drill?

I wouldn't put a 516 on a 3m drill

(only kidding. Love the diorama. Rock on)

ha ha!... I did have it on the 828 but I just much rather liked the look of the 939....ill have to bring the lemkien out of the shed for this yoke or else the big girl! 

• Like 1

Just beautiful, I enjoy looking at them and everyone’s work here. To be honest, over here, I have never seen anyone doing this. Perhaps I am just misinformed? There may be some, somewhere. But you all do lovely work. 

• Like 1

. Thank you dan. 

It really spurs you on when youv a few friends with a similar interest and it's great if you can make the odd show where you see lots of entusaist gathered and all their work.. Maybe  you should be the man to get the ball rolling... 

I think for most of us on this forum we have the old well older britians farm toys in common. Lots of us had so much fun on the carpet farm and our imaginations.