Universal hobbies 1/32 releases 2015

IH885XLMAN

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here Justin, those cast fronts seem to spoil a nice looking model, and unless can find a cheap pre-forcer to donate it's front rims and tyres it'll get an expensive tractor, unless a set of rims off Nigel at scaledown were used, then at least it could be given bigger boots on the back as well ;)

Same here Justin, those cast fronts seem to spoil a nice looking model, and unless can find a cheap pre-forcer to donate it's front rims and tyres it'll get an expensive tractor, unless a set of rims off Nigel at scaledown were used, then at least it could be given bigger boots on the back as well ;)

Agree ..UH have done so many classics ..but at the same time just seem to spoil them..At this stage you would just wish they were left to another producer like Replicagri  or ROS to do a the right job on them & not short cut / opportunists UNIVERSAL HOBBIES !!!

Definitely not my cup of tea,but a good fitting bonnet would have been nice,

Regards

Joe.

Your right there Joe, It's not really my cup of coffee either ;D ;D I don't think the 16th version of this "Launch" tractor sold too well... one or two of the complete set collectors will have splashed the cash, and probably will with this 32nd version, but I know Big Dave Steele bought 3 or 4 of the 16th ones at £25 a pop to be used as donors for various convo's that he has in mind ;)

There's a few pics on tinternet of new performance majors with that type of wheel but interestingly most seem to be 4 spoke design not 3 spoke as uh used , all are listed as early models , the rears  look the same mind , have to say I may get 2 one for a conversion to pre force wheels from Scaledown as that will be cheaper than a uh ford 5000

All UH have done is fit a new roof, new bonnet and new exhaust to the old model...............But the cab (apart from the roof )still looks the same as previous T7......CASE Puma efforts ,which were wrong!

Im sure many will be happy, but I say just closely compare the UH cab to the ROS one!

I thought the outgoing Blue power tractors looked better than the standard blue ones...................but this time its the reverse???...........this new model looks better in its home strip imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok not being a nh lover ,whats wrong with the cab then?? I could spot the uh massey muck ups , i understand and know masseys , so to me its easy, i know many makers have said  that cabs are by far the hardest part to make, due to how fine the frames usually are , but i get that they shouldnt get basic angles wrong ? Or is it more than that 

My guess the new puma will have the same mistake.

Any way UH did some clean and found there old Fendt 818 mold, and rename it in to Fendt 716 gen II and gen III

yi5CgA.jpg

UBdfo2.jpg

is that definitely a 716? Looking at it on my phone and can't get the numbers to focus!!t

• 3 weeks later...

these DAVID BROW CASE IH 90/94 series tractors must be something else 2-3 years in the making .....how long I wonder does it take from measureing up a real machine to a production run take for Universal Hobbies     wonder what problems they are having with them ...could it be CNH not letting them ??? or making sure they get them right.......heres some I did 11 years ago just to remind you all ok not detailed and quite crude but not bad for my first attempt ha ha if I can do it UH should make brilliant 90/94 tractors come on guys :)

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

• robbo unpinned this topic

Archived