The Snow Topic Continued

Stabliofarmer

Seems as the old snow topic has been archived a new one is needed as there is important news.

We've had our first proper flurry that's stuck this year!

post-3761-0-51234600-1419626544_thumb.jp

Also this was glenshee earlier in december alittle south of Bill and the rest of the Aberdeen lot, whats it likeup there at the moment?

post-3761-0-30038100-1419626643_thumb.jp

post-3761-0-06112600-1419626661_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

going out at 8pm to start a night shift with the snow blower . its a schmidt, mounted to the front of the case 215 puma . spent the last 2 hrs putting chains on the tractor wheels

We had a nice bit last week, one and a half foot drifts at the top of Blackstone edge were we go sledging. All went by the weekend though. Then today was chaotic, we had an inch at most, the roads practically clear yet idiots crawling along, my bus arrived on time but what should take twenty minutes took 1 and a half hours sheerly due to traffic, bus itself didn't have a problem it was quite happily overtaking stuck vans etc. Currently snowing again now and if its anything like it was today tomorrow will be a day off

going out at 8pm to start a night shift with the snow blower . its a smidt, mounted to the front of the case 215 puma . spent the last 2 hrs putting chains on the tractor wheels

How was the nightshift David? ::) Nowt much in the way of snow down here in the Valley.... just a light dusting, some fair heavy showers but nothing seemed to hang around for long....

night shift went incident free , but the lighting system on this tractor /blower aint any good. they reflect back off the blower n your lucky to see 6 feet ahead ,plus the blower shoot is blocking the view too.

there are two blowers n several tractor/ploughs out today

This was on me way through market bosworth this morning going to a solar farm in atherstone. Everywhere was so slow a ten minute journey took 45mins!! It's all pretty much thor'd out now, although I had the snow it's the first year we've had good snow since me lad was born would've liked to have made a snowman or gone sledging!!

post-3634-0-81316800-1422637192_thumb.jp

Archived