Martin's collection.

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Photo's look better full size Martin ;) was good to get a sneak peek yesterday though. Cracking models :)

Cheers bud. Aye you don't have to squint to see them on the big screen. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mb86 said:

She ain't broken Jamie, think it must be the angle if the photo. coincidentally she had had a rough ride on the way here but nothing had broken, just a tyre come off the centre and the air mushroom come off but both went straight back on. Just goes to show how well it has been made. 

it was the angle after looking again,I'll be off to specsavers then 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, mb86 said:

Cheers bud. Aye you don't have to squint to see them on the big screen. 

Yep... mostly the reason i like 16th Martin... it's easier to see :D :D Joking apart your building quite a collection of Blues, hope it continues to grow ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And are they orange for that same reason?;) Thanks bud, yes so do I!!

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Yep... mostly the reason i like 16th Martin... it's easier to see :D :D Joking apart your building quite a collection of Blues, hope it continues to grow ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tabmodels said:

Great photos Martin, she didn't come off too bad after the 'kick the parcel tournament' at the post office :D 

She's as good as new now. :)  Think I need a kick the postie tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Oi,I'm a postie.

Regards

Joe.

I was wondering how long it would be before you reminded them of that Joe;) As for here, our regular postie is absolutely spot on, now as for white van man......:ph34r::D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mb86 said:

To be fair it probably wasn't the postman as he seems good with parcels but it must have been somewhere in Royal Mail. 

Have you not seen Men in Black 2 Martin, almost everyone who works in the Post Office are aliens !:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Recent additions to the collection via eBay and some from my mate due to a change in his model farming policy. ;):D Dads tractors fuel bowser, Murdoch Howard rotaspreader, UH taarup forager, an atlas dexta and a lovely    DP1 built by ken Davies  couple more tractors but want to take some better photos of them but one of them is to match with the plough.......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 9

Just now, mb86 said:

Thanks mate,  she would stay afloat a lot better than the rear discharge that's for sure:D, one thing I don't miss with the barrel spreaders is half the tractor being plastered up with crap. 

And the sound like a thousand Zulus beating their shields when the chains need shortening!:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Thanks mate,  she would stay afloat a lot better than the rear discharge that's for sure:D, one thing I don't miss with the barrel spreaders is half the tractor being plastered up with crap. 

My grandad put a mesh guard on his Howard 100 just on top of all pto/bearing guard 

• Like 2

A good idea that Sam, I wouldn't like the job with no cab. :D The last barrel spreader we had was a twin axle bamford on bogey axles, don't know what model number was and it never had any paint on it as long as I can remember. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

A good idea that Sam, I wouldn't like the job with no cab. :D The last barrel spreader we had was a twin axle bamford on bogey axles, don't know what model number was and it never had any paint on it as long as I can remember. 

He was fairly nacky in fairness. Had it on a Nuffield 10/60 with a lambourne cab. It was the Howard 100 like the model I did with narrow tyres I bet it was a pain on the fields we have... one has a natural spring in it and it even bogged the big john Deere down with the bigger 150 we had. Dad had a full load on got bogged down. So he emptied the spreader unhooked it got on a dry patch and dragged it out with a chain. Then got the old parmiter chain harrows out and dragged his load around the field L o L. I would imagine your spreader was a red one when it had paint 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

He was fairly nacky in fairness. Had it on a Nuffield 10/60 with a lambourne cab. It was the Howard 100 like the model I did with narrow tyres I bet it was a pain on the fields we have... one has a natural spring in it and it even bogged the big john Deere down with the bigger 150 we had. Dad had a full load on got bogged down. So he emptied the spreader unhooked it got on a dry patch and dragged it out with a chain. Then got the old parmiter chain harrows out and dragged his load around the field L o L. I would imagine your spreader was a red one when it had paint 

Have done the same many a time in the past, trying to cover the bit dad said to keep off as it was too wet. Come to think of it there was a bit of red paint left under the chain guard where it was always oily, would like a model of one if I could find some photos to get it accurate. 

• Like 2