The Valley Axeman's Major Marshall Mission

Valley Axe Man

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Martin :) one or two folk made a nice comment or two, which was good for it's first outing.  Thoughts did cross my mind to try and broker a deal on a full set, but i've bought tyres off Roadrunner before and Andy seems to look after you price wise, last 2 sets of BF's for the defenders came off him as did the BF's on the freelander so i sure when the time comes for the replacement 34's he'll sort them at a decent deal ;)

Just goes to show there are people who value your custom, plenty of retailers (and this applies to the model world too) would take you for every penny they thought they could get away with, rubbing their hands together with dollar signs in their eyes;):D when the truth if the matter is in fact if they look after you, you will go back to them with your custom over and over. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well had her away to Chipping Agricultural Show yesterday for a run out  and a show off of her with her new boots on, Think they'd under-estimated the number of entrants into the vintage section as they were a bit short of space but i got a few photo's of some of what turned up, only a fortnight to her next show and the way time is ticking by it'll soon be here :) Was good to catch up with a few folk and i've discovered that there's a full set of Leyland Syncro 4wd's 462,472 and 482 not that far from me in the Valley

IMG_4551.thumb.JPG.61f8fa6c16158ad0798282f594914aed.JPGIMG_4555.thumb.JPG.cd32042d1768b281733a19ed77a136c4.JPGIMG_4557.thumb.JPG.6dbba402bf82d3b3ba720a6f153cf853.JPGIMG_4558.thumb.JPG.35b3617ff914157ed496e625e8172c7d.JPGIMG_4556.thumb.JPG.82e8a039d4c53920353321bb5347d9cd.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 8

She looks very well on her new boots Paul, looks like she's no stranger to a bit of polish too, definitely a man after my own heart! There does seem a grand selection of tractors there, thanks for the photographs!

• Like 2

Nice selection of tractors Paul, thanks for sharing the pics. It's good to see more 80's machines in the line ups these days, not so long ago it was all T20's and standard fordsons. Must be a sign I'm getting old:o

Your 804  is looking immaculate, I bet it sounds sweet as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 844john said:

She looks very well on her new boots Paul, looks like she's no stranger to a bit of polish too, definitely a man after my own heart! There does seem a grand selection of tractors there, thanks for the photographs!

Cheers John :), Aye She looks better for being sat on those 34's and even though they are new the BKT's do look a good tyre.. Yep i've spent an hour or two polishing her up, seeing as she the tractor i've always wanted i might as well look after her ;) going to give the rear mudguards another t-cutting, they've come up abit but think another go might just help them blend to the bonnet abit better. According to the programme there were only 20 tractors actually booked in but more turned up, still it all goes to make a show, even if most attend the steamfair every May.

1 hour ago, ertlerik said:

What a beauty, the 804 that is, not talking about the poodle ;), and a great lineup of tractors

I have bin thinking about trading the 3511 for some thing with a cab, 8011 would be sweet but to hight priced for a decent one,  maybe a 4718 :unsure:

Thanks Erik :) if sure if you keep looking you'll find what your looking for, Maybe treat your self for your birthday, that's all i've done the 804 is a present to me from me ;)

46 minutes ago, MDFord said:

Nice selection of tractors Paul, thanks for sharing the pics. It's good to see more 80's machines in the line ups these days, not so long ago it was all T20's and standard fordsons. Must be a sign I'm getting old:o

Your 804  is looking immaculate, I bet it sounds sweet as well.

Cheers Mark :) aye there is getting more of a selection now start filtering through to the show circuit, the way the prices of smaller tractors have crept up, you can almost have something a bit bigger but might not fit in your garage or be towable behind a 4x4 as the same money as a mid sized classic, aye she looking good but sounds even better.... that straight pipe and turbo whistle is a great sound track to listen to, wouldn't mind finding a doublechop to hang on her just to enjoy the sound of her under load as a chomps through a thick patch ;)

• Like 3

Nice looking tractor Paul. Not been on the forum for a bit so missed its arrival. Been on a Leyland hunt and tracked down my dads 2100. Saw it on thursday for first time in 20 yrs after farm sale. still in good order, owner not overly keen to sell though !

• Like 2

17 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Looking well Paul. Great to have it out & some nice machines there also at the show.

Thanks Justin :) Looking forward to having her out to the next one in a fortnight, might be a few different tractors at that one as it's a good bit further up the Valley

6 hours ago, IAINH1973 said:

Nice looking tractor Paul. Not been on the forum for a bit so missed its arrival. Been on a Leyland hunt and tracked down my dads 2100. Saw it on thursday for first time in 20 yrs after farm sale. still in good order, owner not overly keen to sell though !

Cheers Iain, ;) You haven't missed much really as it spent abit of time in the workshop with the hubs and swivels being done up but she's a go'er now. That been good for you to track down your dads 2100, at least you still know it's around and not been scrapped or broken for parts, is she a 10 speed or Synchro? i'm sure if you keep asking you might get away at the current owner, i can see there be alot of sentiment attached to that as the 2100 will be remembered as part of the family. Are you hoping to get down to Penrith in November?

• Like 2

Yeh hope to get to penrith this time.I have bought a DBP 1/16 1124 which will hopefully get delivered then. Need to get a Duncan cab organised for it ! The 2100 was a 10 speed with deluxe cab. It came new from Corries in Dumfries and they had a synchro box in stock expecting him to change it but he stuck with the 10 speed. The 472 was the only synchro we had and it was bought for the buckrake. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IAINH1973 said:

Yeh hope to get to penrith this time.I have bought a DBP 1/16 1124 which will hopefully get delivered then. Need to get a Duncan cab organised for it ! The 2100 was a 10 speed with deluxe cab. It came new from Corries in Dumfries and they had a synchro box in stock expecting him to change it but he stuck with the 10 speed. The 472 was the only synchro we had and it was bought for the buckrake. 

Be good to have a catch up at Penrith Iain,  the Synchro box would have made it easier on the clamp, with 1st and reverse opposite each other it a simple shuttle change, bet the 472 were a handy enough tractor too. Great stuff ;) joining the 1/16th club :)

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

Great photos Paul mate thanks for sharing them. Have to agree that your 804 is looking smashing.

:) Thanks Martin, Cheers bud, aye the weights and new tyres have helped set her off from when she first arrived... next on the list is finding her the correct toolbox.

19 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

great tractor there you have Paul,i do wish somebody/anybody would do a 802 Leyland model in 1/32,perhaps if the uh db's come out I might have a go

Thanks Paul :) and your right models of the blue Leyland Synchro's and 6 potters, the Harvest Gold Leylands and laterly the Marshalls are so sadly lacking in model scale 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...