The Valley Axeman's Major Marshall Mission

Valley Axe Man

9 hours ago, 844john said:

Yes, well done Paul, she certainly looks worthy of her rosette, I hope she's been dried off and polished when you got her home!

Thanks John :), She got a quick wipe over before she got backed in the shed, just the windows need a clean, i can see the benefits of front mudguards would help immensely keeping the cab lower windows clean, even though they weren't standard fitment back then. 

7 hours ago, jmd said:

well done paul

Cheers John :) certainley a good day despite the weather, just a pity the Blades's didn't come on Thomas's run would have been a good photo a couple of their 100's and 125. Though Thomas did say he'd sold his caravan......

Front mudguards are a big help Paul, our 4wd's have them but my Fathers 844 doesn't  and the difference on a wet day is phenomenal, there's no wet or clarts being thrown up at the cab, and also no small stones or chippens. I suppose for authenticity it would be incorrect to fit them, but for a road run tractor I think the benefits far outweigh the fact that they weren't an original fitment.

Edited by 844john
  • Like 1

given your trade paul,could you make a set that you can remove easily for shows, then refit for the drive home?? just a small bracket left on the hub somewhere,couple of clips and pins, i agree she does look better without them,and they were not fitted as standard , but as you and others say way better on the road,and less  cleaning once you get there .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 844john said:

Front mudguards are a big help Paul, our 4wd's have them but my Fathers 844 doesn't  and the difference on a wet day is phenomenal, there's no wet or clarts being thrown up at the cab, and also no small stones or chippens. I suppose for authenticity it would be incorrect to fit them, but for a road run tractor I think the benefits far outweigh the fact that they weren't an original fitment.

I'm seriously considering them John, to be fair she'll never be an 100% authentic tractor, as so far she's the wrong weights, wrong mirrors and a few other minor inacuracies for a concours so the mudguards are really only another minor but done well and they wont detract too much from what she is :) 

19 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

given your trade paul,could you make a set that you can remove easily for shows, then refit for the drive home?? just a small bracket left on the hub somewhere,couple of clips and pins, i agree she does look better without them,and they were not fitted as standard , but as you and others say way better on the road,and less  cleaning once you get there .

I've been offered a set of brackets but until i get an eye on them, might be better making my own up rather than butchering something from another tractor mmm pin and clip idea might consider that now you mentioned it Sean :)

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

Grand photos again Paul, nice selection of fords and well done for being placed with the 804, good to see those new tyres getting dirty. How do you rate them? Im very pleased with my BKT's so far. That 272h gets about a bit....;)

Cheers Martin :) Aye as i left the field was starting cutting up abit, hence the dirty tyres hahaha, but i'm impressed with the BKT's they've still got 95% of the little bobbles on them despite them covering a bit of road over the last 3 weeks, must have got the tracking something like right as there no immediate sign of uneven wear on the edges of the cleats. Aye Thomas said he'd enjoyed the run up by yours :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, smithy said:

Money well spent Paul , you could have wasted it on wine,women and song :D At the end of the day there yours bought and payed for happy days  

Cheers Smithy, Your right there although the 802 needs abit more spending in it yet to make it as tidy as my 804.... 

3 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Very good Paul. As said above..money well spent.  You have 2 fine tractors there now. Is there a 1/1 scale collection starting to spaun!!  :D ;)

Thanks Justin, The 802 been about for abit but got put back with extra spends, :) Aye well my first thoughts were a blue Leyland and a Nuffield along with the Marshall to have one from each manufacturer era but will see what happens, need to get her back together and finished off before i think about buying any more tractors... ;)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

2 ?? how did i miss that then?  nice pair ,and well worth keeping to, 

Been sat on it a while Sean, but was hoping to have her looking a bit better before revealing her, she does complement the 804 nicely apart from being a bit smokey as the cold start sticks in the pump the 4/98 runs and whistles well... the pair purring together in the photo was pure music :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 844john said:

They will make a grand pair when they're both done Paul! Sorry to deviate from the harvest gold bonnets, but that looks a tidy 9/1056 in the background!;) 

Thanks :) There's actually a pair of 956's there on that farm John, ones blown with a TB turbo kit and seen use on a NH525 chopper, that photo was when she first landed down at Harry's before taking her up to the shed ;) Aye we'll get a bit more done to her, no rush to she her fully restored yet but if all goes well she might make an appearance at the shows with the 804 next year 

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

A cracking pair Paul. You will reach your goal of one from each era one day, Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Cheers Martin,  it's debatable if they are less hassle than a cracking pair of something else hahaha  ;)  maybe just as bouncy :D Mmmm well will see what happens, your crystal ball isn't bad at predicting part of what the future holds ;) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Thanks :) There's actually a pair of 956's there on that farm John, ones blown with a TB turbo kit and seen use on a NH525 chopper, that photo was when she first landed down at Harry's before taking her up to the shed ;) Aye we'll get a bit more done to her, no rush to she her fully restored yet but if all goes well she might make an appearance at the shows with the 804 next year 

Cheers Martin,  it's debatable if they are less hassle than a cracking pair of something else hahaha  ;)  maybe just as bouncy :D Mmmm well will see what happens, your crystal ball isn't bad at predicting part of what the future holds ;) 

You now what they say ,  IF IT HAS T##S OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE :D:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

please somebody bring out the yellow Leyland 802 in 1/32, great tractor there Paul

Cheers Paul, 6500-odd hours on her but original off farm condition, need to do a bit of work in the cab, bit of welding and needs re-cladding

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

did they go to europe at all ?? otherwise it would have to be a custom limited run, as no company would do it just for the uk i suspect .

Some went Sean, and some came back 

9 hours ago, robbo said:

Not sure, I know that Leylands were exported but by the time that Nickersons took over they might hand been UK only

There were Harvest Gold Leylands exported, recently an export spec (cabless) handbook was listed for sale i even think some of the Marshalls got away into Europe and further afield too, There was a 100 that came back from Austraila and also somewhere was a photo of a dealership in Italy with full set of Marshalls up to a 100 in the photo

10 hours ago, robbo said:

Agreed, one that is sorely missing from the model scene

Second that one Mike :)

6 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

never knew they got out,although thinking about it,ismt someone doing a 100 was it? sometime soon, in a limited resin run,sure i have seen a pic,in which case a 80* could be possible 

That was Martyn Reeves who did a limited run of 100's in 2 and 4wd and also a batch of 125's Sean, there's that Mominiture or what ever it is steyr based 944 due sometime but thats last generation of the Marshalls