The Valley Axeman's Major Marshall Mission

Valley Axe Man

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

The new addition is a lovely tractor Paul. I bet you are itching to get her out to a show before the season ends. As for a synchro, one will turn up to complete the collection, then you will have to start saving for that JWD, or a 4100. 

Cheers Martin, Aye be good to let her have an appearance somewhere before the shows are over for this year.... mmmm sounds as though you know something that i don't ;):D be it a Synchro, a 4100 or a JWD 

Update on the 804, had a few hours up the shed and had dash out to cure the split feed pipe to the clutch master cylinder, job done and wheel slave cylinders removed for new seals after i noticed they'd started weeping abit...  Dash in, Dash out, pipe pointed at, get the brake cylinders back on tomorrow then can try and make a start on the minor jobs on the 345

IMG_6788.thumb.JPG.d53e94f26148ff7bfaea6d894fd9084c.JPGIMG_6787.thumb.JPG.c5e925032b755ce61b4be8a5810a7240.JPGIMG_6785.thumb.JPG.786601dee2e8de41e86f53f066cefbb2.JPGIMG_6786.thumb.JPG.9bdc59dcacd96d14e49ade4fd5bfcf38.JPG

IMG_6789.thumb.JPG.96b8f5becf843fbd8ba3bdeb6a5083cf.JPG

• Like 8

So on with the job in hand, Nuffield in and panels off, radiator out and attempt at getting the snapped bolt out.... she was quite co-operative in getting stripped back, although the Radiator didn't look in too good of condition once out......that might be a good thing though, as time spent sorting that now might save a lot of hassle later on as the 3/45 and it's bigger brother 4/65 were both known not to be the most efficient coolers with the diesel tank sat right in front of the rad impeeding a decent airflow, anyhow a few photo's ;)

IMG_6807.thumb.JPG.3dce15e8c1ef9e4fb5a9c31fca5fa578.JPG

IMG_6806.thumb.JPG.a847258cd2a0af78fe1b9005a5953521.JPG

IMG_6812.thumb.JPG.5f5129c4bc05fed276abce1e5f7ae485.JPGIMG_6811.thumb.JPG.c81d029a9261ce738654e945f1bc163f.JPGIMG_6810.thumb.JPG.455504105c8a30e82374098159c12ab1.JPGIMG_6813.thumb.JPG.a2ed26fe34e74ba532eef1254d1aa78f.JPG

Victory... nowt feels better than winning over a snapped stud or bolt :)

IMG_6814.thumb.JPG.adce74c52a76202b613625a5f1774388.JPG

• Like 9

1 hour ago, 844john said:

That's very true Paul, trouble is I'm usually the one that does the snapping!:o They'll make a lovely group when you get the 802 finished!

Cheers John, aye i've snapped a few in my time too but it's learning the tricks to get them out...;) i find a slightly duller drill bit when opening them up for the extractor creates a bit more heat gently away and if you lash abit of easing oil around the threads whilst its warm it helps penetrate better, though good extractors that get a good grip are helpfull too 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mb86 said:

My it's been busy in that workshop of late Paul ;) Your fleet looks grand. Well done on getting those necked studs out. 

Cheers Martin ;) Yep glad that job' s on going though would have been done hadn't have been for the Radiator....but hey ho, better finding it now than 15 miles into a roadrun.... Busy enough up here at present but though there's another workshop i need to get myself in and get some jobs done.... between you and me you know the one i'm on about.... ;)

• Like 2

Well done Paul ,like the rest have said all 3 parked side by side makes a good picture . You have certainly been busy in your workshop but its good to get the jobs ticked off then you can get back in your other workshop ;) and don't forget to take the Cake :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smithy said:

Well done Paul ,like the rest have said all 3 parked side by side makes a good picture . You have certainly been busy in your workshop but its good to get the jobs ticked off then you can get back in your other workshop ;) and don't forget to take the Cake :D

Thanks Smithy, Aye getting a few bits put to bed now and the list is getting shorter.... although really i've made it longer by buying the 3/45 :D yep i'd best not forget that.... or moreso in October with that box thats put aside for you..... ;)

• Thanks 1

Another batch of grand shots Paul. I bet those lads got a shock when they saw their tidy tractors sat in salt water, least or was only make deep and not chin deep! Your 804 and johns 83 look cracking. 

Edited by mb86
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, mb86 said:

Another batch of grand shots Paul. I bet those lads got a shock when they saw their tidy tractors sat in salt water, least or was only make deep and not chin deep! Your 804 and johns 83 look cracking. 

Cheers Martin :) i somehow knew you'd appreciate the photo of John's 83 and my 04, although your 78 and John's 83 would make a good photo ;)  Aye would have said it was a bit of a shock, we were stood outside the pub and one of the lads came back up the road and said tide had come in, so we wandered off down to see, could have been worse and salt water not the best of stuff

5 hours ago, justy 46 said:

The 804 is looking like new Paul. 

Thanks Justin :) She done well on the run, not bad on diesel over a decent distance, but saying that wasn't running too hard, moreso when following a 175 fergy with a really steady pilot.... 2nd high was too low and 3rd high too high.... could have done with a splitter and gone for 2.5 high haha.... although when i got back i knocked the right hand brake off another flat on the adjuster, she just started to grab a little like they weren't quite in balance, but again nowt to serious than only comes to light with use

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmd said:

noticed my 83 did alright on deisel paul but like you say we were only pottering would have been different had we been flat out there and back:D

Your 8340 looks very clean & tidy also..The last off the true big Ford's.. ;)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jmd said:

noticed my 83 did alright on deisel paul but like you say we were only pottering would have been different had we been flat out there and back:D

You be right there John, to be fair the speed wasn't that bad and getting chance for a look over the hedges to see what's laying about, and we both handy for getting to and from the start, them lads from Bolton and Matt and his mate with the Case had done a few miles to get up to the start, and then a drive back afterwards

• Like 1

20 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Your 8340 looks very clean & tidy also..The last off the true big Ford's.. ;)

cheers justin mudguards are going to want painting in the near future as they are starting to rust around the edges other than that its not to bad

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

You be right there John, to be fair the speed wasn't that bad and getting chance for a look over the hedges to see what's laying about, and we both handy for getting to and from the start, them lads from Bolton and Matt and his mate with the Case had done a few miles to get up to the start, and then a drive back afterwards

yeah they had done three road runs really getting here, the run and getting back:D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I feel old when I see a Fastrac becoming almost vintage..!! :wacko: Your 804 is looking very fresh Paul..;)

Dave's is on an "L" reg or 94 so at 25 years now it's becoming a classic Justin, but i know what you mean, won't be long until more of the newer stuff appears as classics on rally fields...... Cheers aye she's looking good and getting about abit :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update, Liftpump repaired on the 345 but wasn't quite happy with performance after noticing a bit of water loss so had her backed in the shed and whipped her top off, to investigate further..... found a slight blow on the head gasket and also a couple of not quite as tight head bolts as the others, anyhow new gasket had and torqued up, need an hour now to get her bonnet back on 

IMG_7179.JPG

IMG_7185.JPG

• Like 8