hello all to newbiees and where are all the old reglars ???

• 5 weeks later...

How rude ! ... Hello boy & girls.. ladies & gentlemen ... oh... and Sean :P .... just thought I'd pop in and say hi to all my old FTF buddies... it's been a long old time.. too long in actual fact.

I have to confess that I've lost a bit of interest in my models... most of which I sold through Andy a while back... but I'm still an MF fanatic... my brochure collection is still growing and I'm still messing about in my 1:1 kit... since I last signed in I have replaced my 5480 with a new 6614 (966 loader) too.. as always... kettle is always n if anyone is ever passing Cambridge at any time. Would be lovely to catch up with a few of you (except Udimore... would be my worst nightmare to catch up with him... in fact.. I'd rather catch Ebola in all honesty) ... anyway.. who's been doing what ? ... come on... dish me the gossip please ?

1 hour ago, Lord Ferguson said:

How rude ! ... Hello boy & girls.. ladies & gentlemen ... oh... and Sean :P .... just thought I'd pop in and say hi to all my old FTF buddies... it's been a long old time.. too long in actual fact.

I have to confess that I've lost a bit of interest in my models... most of which I sold through Andy a while back... but I'm still an MF fanatic... my brochure collection is still growing and I'm still messing about in my 1:1 kit... since I last signed in I have replaced my 5480 with a new 6614 (966 loader) too.. as always... kettle is always n if anyone is ever passing Cambridge at any time. Would be lovely to catch up with a few of you (except Udimore... would be my worst nightmare to catch up with him... in fact.. I'd rather catch Ebola in all honesty) ... anyway.. who's been doing what ? ... come on... dish me the gossip please ?

Well well well , fancy seeing lord fergo here on the same day i dropped in for a nosey ( no pun intended mark ) :)

• 10 months later...
On 11 September 2016 at 1:49 PM, CMB said:

Where did Tim/Powerabbit go?

Not just Tim, what about marcus( Anfield vario) John cranston(Jdc) sue leake (leakyvale)Clive (ploughmaster) Ollie in New Zealand, there is a lot a people who have dropped of the radar. Bill (bc) posts very little now as he is scaling back, and so are a lot of others. What ever happened to "muirhilly Billy?  Bazza (udimore) doesn't post much now either, but that's a good thing(:Ponly joking Bazza mate)

• 1 month later...

Having another catch up and picking out the topics which most float my boat. I haven't bought anything this year and struggle to remember if I did last year to be honest. Have boxed up all the boxed models I have at Dads ready to start selling them off, piece by piece. May have just spent some of what I should have earned first though.... model related as it happens!

It's all a come and go, isn't it? Life's changed a great deal for me to be honest, Dad to a son as of last March so with Traci on maternity leave for 12 months it's always a balance between work/bills and home time with Traci, Freddy and the dog, Bee. The interest in models has fallen a little but the diorama photos on Facebook I see keep me thinking about what I could do one day. It's changed a lot in very little time and the expertise seem huge now.

On 02/11/2016 at 1:09 PM, Deere-est said:

It's all a come and go, isn't it? Life's changed a great deal for me to be honest, Dad to a son as of last March so with Traci on maternity leave for 12 months it's always a balance between work/bills and home time with Traci, Freddy and the dog, Bee. The interest in models has fallen a little but the diorama photos on Facebook I see keep me thinking about what I could do one day. It's changed a lot in very little time and the expertise seem huge now.

Congrats tris!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Have thought a few times postings seem less, and to be fair like others I don't get on here much. Like yourself Tris I see the pictures on fb and think one day... I'm waiting on your pictures as the stencil system looks interesting 

• 1 year later...

Haven't been on for a while. My wife has been ill - had to have an operation to get her back on her feet - and I've got myself a new business, which came at the same time... SO it's been a busy and worrying year. BUT! Hopefully, the business will smooth out after Christmas - I took a business partner, which wasn't the best idea I've found and they've now departed - and If all goes well at her next appointment, my dear other half will get a clear bill of health too. Fingers crossed on both accounts. So now I'm back where HAS everybody gone?

Thanks for the good wishes, guys. Mrs. Bigbear had a condition that meant she would be totally paralysed if the docs coudn't operate. LUCKILY and due entirely to the wonderful skills of the surgeons at RD&E Hospital, Exeter, she is well on the road to recovery, thanks. It was a massive operation, with only a 50/50 chance of success, but it all seems to have gone amazingly well. Now we are waiting for her final, (we hope), checkup and then it's the long recovery as all of her nerves re-assemble themslves. Once again, the NHS proves its worth! If I had any hair, it would be falling ot by now... :-)

On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Deere-est said:

congrats on your son .Went past the bp other day and thought back (still keep an eye out for the mf s)Then wish i hadent ha ha!  about five an a half years ago now .last 3 years been busy supplin the new westgate shopping centre in oxford with concrete 

Archived