Robbo's collection

robbo

Nice collection Mike, some different models there on your shelves and nice to see the odd Leyland and Nuffield sneaked in too :)    Just a quick question...what size (width x depth) is the shelves in your Billy bookcases? trying to find a couple of suitable cabinets for some of my Classic Combines models but the ones I've looked at so far aren't big enough to allow full use of the shelf and have a lot of dead space....thinking they might have to be bespoke jobs to get the best fit of shelf space.

Edited by Valley Axe Man

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nice collection Mike, some different models there on your shelves and nice to see the odd Leyland and Nuffield sneaked in too :)    Just a quick question...what size (width x depth) is the shelves in your Billy bookcases? trying to find a couple of suitable cabinets for some of my Classic Combines models but the ones I've looked at so far aren't big enough to allow full use of the shelf and have a lot of dead space....thinking they might have to be bespoke jobs to get the best fit of shelf space.

The shelves are 78 X 24 centimetres or 30" X 9" in old money, I like them because they are relatively cheap and they have glass doors to keep the dust out

• Like 1

10 hours ago, F8N said:

I see you have a good few internationals. .which would you say is the best of those.. I'm hoping to add a couple to my own collection? I also see some of my favourites among them the mighty county's8)

My personal favourite is an IH 674 but that is a code 3 conversion I picked up from Ken Davies at Spalding

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smithy said:

Nice lot off different colures in there but I do like your SAME 360 thanks for showing

Thanks to you (and Martin) for that Same. I also have the pewter version as well as a Deutz with a mid mounted mower

20151017_161947_zpszvbukvn4.jpg

SAM_5319_zpshvb0tdci.jpg

SAM_5322_zps29veerlm.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Liking those Mike except the modern ones ;)

the two with the selection of Hercules, are they the Marge ones?  Would love to find them, they are pretty rare though!

what are the cabbed ones on the third shelf? I think the one in the corner is the artisan kit?

11 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Liking those Mike except the modern ones ;)

the two with the selection of Hercules, are they the Marge ones?  Would love to find them, they are pretty rare though!

what are the cabbed ones on the third shelf? I think the one in the corner is the artisan kit?

Yes you are right on all counts. The two in the top cabinet with the Hercules versions are the Saturno models produced by the LCN Club as a members model in 2015 and they were made for them by Marge Models. They occasionally come up on ebay but are usually around £250 each.

The next shelf has the Artisan Buffalo kit in the back left corner next to the 2 Dinosaur models. At the front of that shelf there are 3 PDC conversions. The first was a Jaguar 95 that I asked Paul to make for me, he had to do 10 but they sold like hot cakes and people kept asking for more. As a result he later made the Leopard 85 in both 2 and 4 wheel drive but he is now having trouble getting hold of the base model and is not making any more as far as I know.

I do have others in different scales but they won't fit in this glass cabinet.

10 hours ago, robbo said:

Yes you are right on all counts. The two in the top cabinet with the Hercules versions are the Saturno models produced by the LCN Club as a members model in 2015 and they were made for them by Marge Models. They occasionally come up on ebay but are usually around £250 each.

The next shelf has the Artisan Buffalo kit in the back left corner next to the 2 Dinosaur models. At the front of that shelf there are 3 PDC conversions. The first was a Jaguar 95 that I asked Paul to make for me, he had to do 10 but they sold like hot cakes and people kept asking for more. As a result he later made the Leopard 85 in both 2 and 4 wheel drive but he is now having trouble getting hold of the base model and is not making any more as far as I know.

I do have others in different scales but they won't fit in this glass cabinet.

Thanks Mike, I am very tempted by a couple of them, just the prices are a bit eye watering!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a model that I bought at Zwolle in 2017, I am sure that it is a conversion but I think it may be 1/25 or 1/16th scale. I have never seen another one like it so I had to have it

Explorer (1).JPG

Explorer (2).JPG

Explorer (3).JPG

Explorer (4).JPG

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...