new 1/32 universal hobbies in 2017

Tractorman810

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd seen this and thought they were going to make thevtrailed version as in the pic, kinda hoped it was but it looks a nice model nevertheless. In the small pic it also shows what looks like a prototype trailed version.  

IMG_1038.PNG

2 hours ago, MadMark said:

I can see one problem with this if your going to use it with the U.H. Ford 5000, Hitching it to the tractor as it has Britains style hitch and the tractor don't:rolleyes:

not a problem with a dremmel and a drill mark although looking at it, they have made the hitch removable as per other stuff like the lemken ploughs, so easy enough to sort i recon 

by looking at the pics it seems the model is permanently in field mode, it doesn't seem to detach to pull behind on the road.. but I suppose its meant to be in display mode cutting grass, its actually very difficult getting the fine balance right when it is designed to detach for field/road mode, the main reason being that when the harvester is sitting correctly out the side of the tractor and then you put the weight of an older britains silage trailer onto the hitch it has a habit of weighting the whole thing down and thus pulling it out of its correct level position. it seems a very nice little model

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Another thing . Has it a hitch for a small trailer to fill ?

If you look closely under the back of the rear facing pto guard in Wayne's pics above Justin you can see a trailer hitch..... though if a trailer will fit the hitch will be another question.... Doesn't look a bad model really, might be tempted to add one to my list of this years 32nd purchases :) would sit nicely next to my BOR version and Andy's 16th one 8)

12 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

It says on G&M will be available in limited numbers - will that mean it will be difficult to get hold of?  I doubt I would go for one, but is a nice looking model.

Joe i think they are only releasing a limited number to start with,it is a general release,so shouldnt be any trouble getting one

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

If you look closely under the back of the rear facing pto guard in Wayne's pics above Justin you can see a trailer hitch..... though if a trailer will fit the hitch will be another question.... Doesn't look a bad model really, might be tempted to add one to my list of this years 32nd purchases :) would sit nicely next to my BOR version and Andy's 16th one 8)

That's the thing about Paul . Can it fit a trailer .. !!! But at least I know it will hitch behind a small 70's era Britains Ford e.g 7000 /7600 , the UH MF 590 could also be a good pair with it & Britains DB 1210 .. It's another one or the list ..^-^

i take it the arm sticking forward would be the trailed versions tow bar??i am not  really familiar with grass kit to be honest, either way at the price it will give the good conversion guys a base to work with, little bits like a tow eye and swinging trailed tow bar are easy enough to sort 

56 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i take it the arm sticking forward would be the trailed versions tow bar??i am not  really familiar with grass kit to be honest, either way at the price it will give the good conversion guys a base to work with, little bits like a tow eye and swinging trailed tow bar are easy enough to sort 

I'm just guessing, but surely the pto would be slipped off and the tractor driven forward and the long arm then latched to the rear of the machine for transport position. It woudnt stay in that formation for going up the road would it?  

17 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

It says on G&M will be available in limited numbers - will that mean it will be difficult to get hold of?  I doubt I would go for one, but is a nice looking model.

The First shipment is going to be limited in numbers as this seem to be what is happening at the moment with all UH models with more coming later on as the production is split between us and mainland Europe and the US this is what I was told when I put the first picture up and taking orders as there will be I think? 200 odd on the first ship.

14 hours ago, chris.watson said:

I'm just guessing, but surely the pto would be slipped off and the tractor driven forward and the long arm then latched to the rear of the machine for transport position. It woudnt stay in that formation for going up the road would it?  

The toe bar is separate to the long arm here , The long arm is a part that forms a quick connection to the harvester itself for harvesting. So the trailer does not need to be hitched off  . The trailer can stay hitched to the 3 point linkage/pto section of the implement ..thus meaning the tractor running the  harvesting can also haul the trailer to the clamp after detaching the harvester section in the field being harvested & then return after unloading & reconnect .. The toe bar is not represented on the UH model here it seems . For transport of the harvester ...the toe bar of the harvester is hitched up to the 3 point linkage /pto section that would hitch the trailer. Its kinda hard to explain . But maybe this pic may give ye an idea.

IMG_2902_zpsgdasmaxa.jpg

5 hours ago, justy 46 said:

The toe bar is separate to the long arm here , The long arm is a part that forms a quick connection to the harvester itself for harvesting. So the trailer does not need to be hitched off  . The trailer can stay hitched to the 3 point linkage/pto section of the implement ..thus meaning the tractor running the  harvesting can also haul the trailer to the clamp after detaching the harvester section in the field being harvested & then return after unloading & reconnect .. The toe bar is not represented on the UH model here it seems . For transport of the harvester ...the toe bar of the harvester is hitched up to the 3 point linkage /pto section that would hitch the trailer. Its kinda hard to explain . But maybe this pic may give ye an idea.

IMG_2902_zpsgdasmaxa.jpg

That explains it very well Justin, cheers mate.

nice one justin, as chris said explains it very well, have seen a few left in the verges ect and wondered, also saw a good few,infact loads over in norway when we went, seemed to be almost 1 left in each field, like they just wait there till being used rather than move them arround, 

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

nice one justin, as chris said explains it very well, have seen a few left in the verges ect and wondered, also saw a good few,infact loads over in norway when we went, seemed to be almost 1 left in each field, like they just wait there till being used rather than move them arround, 

Lots if dairy farmers still use them for zero grazing also . I have seen the odd few around Southern Ireland left in a corner of a field being used on a daily basis . Probably the same in Norway as you say ..

it could well be justin saw one being used, but no trailer, he had a weird skip like thing on the back, seemed to be part of the 3 point  system , just dropped the mower off and drove away to empty,came back 10 mins later and off again, was ok via binos but to far to picture it with the camera 

Archived