Schuco 2017

chris.watson

I think it's more to do with the price at the time of launch I.e development costs and increasing costs in china, I dare say if the 7810 was produced now it would be equally expensive. In reality true cost variances between models I would have thought would vary by pence. The true effects on cost will be set up and design and thereafter its sales volume. I can't help thinking some of the more obscure models must struggle to sell in justifiable numbers for mass production. The John Deere 6400 on the other hand should be the other end of the spectrum I'd think. 

That said schuco are now getting very expensive compared to the competition, it also surprises me how poor they are at getting more out of their models. If I was running it there would have been a few more variants of the 7000 Deere by now! 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That all said . 100% + increase in price is unjustified for a model the size  a small well detailed Replicagri tractor for a third of the price also coming from China !!  Take a recent Replicagri Fiat or Renault tractor vs the Schuco JD 6400  ! I would say something if the Schcuo was being produced in Europe only ... But it's coming from China just alike all the rest of its competition !!! and it's not a limited run model ether .

schuco have been expensive way before this model, just look at there small rotavator powered trolleys how can they be worth this?? keep a eye on ebay for the 6400 justin,they vary big time,one on there now from germany free postage for 80 odd quid,seen a few on round the 70 mark to,still expensive, but big saving still on 114 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holder-EDII-with-Trailer-Driver-Schuco-450895200-1-32-/272575321807?hash=item3f76c156cf:g:-7MAAOSwuxFYuJm7

3 hours ago, justy 46 said:

That all said . 100% + increase in price is unjustified for a model the size  a small well detailed Replicagri tractor for a third of the price also coming from China !!  Take a recent Replicagri Fiat or Renault tractor vs the Schuco JD 6400  ! I would say something if the Schcuo was being produced in Europe only ... But it's coming from China just alike all the rest of its competition !!! and it's not a limited run model ether .

Compared to the £70 I paid for the rep ag Claas 98, they seem well over the top.

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Compared to the £70 I paid for the rep ag Claas 98, they seem well over the top.

Spot on Chris . I could have pulled a Marge NH T7 & a Britains Kane Classic off the shelf yesterday for the price of the little Deere . It all adds up !!

I have a horrible feeling that schuco are just a bit ahead of the game and we will see others follow suit. Hope I'm proved wrong. The Germans always know how to charge though, they are professionals at it, like someone said earlier the only way is leave it on the shelf! 

Just for balance, and I know still some way behind, new UH zetor crystal has rrp of £60!  

It is becoming an expensive hobby! 

11 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Just for balance, and I know still some way behind, new UH zetor crystal has rrp of £60!  

It is becoming an expensive hobby! 

The Crystals are on most sites for around £49, I got mine at Malvern for £48

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2017 at 8:03 AM, bluegreen said:

Leave it on the shelf Justin..........................And when Le Pen wins the French election in May and the EU collapses along with the euros value, you will be able to buy a 6400 for half that price in the autumn direct from a euro model dealer:rolleyes:

I'm not going to get the 6400 at half price now :( :P

A temporary reprieve Barry,   Mr Macron is Hollande mk2 and there will be no reviving of the EUs (Rockafellas) one world government dream (or nightmare)..........far, far too much debt and no Britain to share the enormous financial burdens with. 

I wonder if they will do a 6410 with the wider mudguards and brighter yellow decals?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here is the 5125R more of a wiking feel to her packaging , hitch and hate to say it she is actually John Deere Green , its a good model but still not as sturdy as the wiking models but has definatly improved from the fragile 7810 and 55 series a great addition 

DSC06496.JPG

DSC06498.JPG

DSC06500.JPG

DSC06501.JPG

DSC06502.JPG

DSC06503.JPG

DSC06504.JPG

23 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Looks like a excellent little model,  Schuco are making one quality JD model after another..................Perhaps we can look forward to a classic 6910 in the months ahead

ive got to say it is an excellent little model only real moans is the holes in the engine for a loader attatchment visible right through the block so engine wont hold its oil , and when you turn the front wheels it tends to sit on three wheels one rear off the fround

4 hours ago, MadMark said:

The JD looks nice but with a dealer wanting £93.50 for it, think I'll give it a miss

Could have a Wiking JD 6125R plus loader for a lot less than this 5125R .. Schuco are gone off the rails with their prices .. They would nearly turn you off the hobby at this stage !!

4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Could have a Wiking JD 6125R plus loader for a lot less than this 5125R .. Schuco are gone off the rails with their prices .. They would nearly turn you off the hobby at this stage !!

I agree totally, I was over the moon when we heard they were bringing the 6400 out as we still run one here and I've always hankered after a more detailed model of one. However, as yet I still can't bring myself to pay that sort of money for such a model, in all reality they are about twice the price that they should be in my opinion, especially when you compare them to the likes of Replicagri who are churning out equally detailed models but for around the £30 to £40 mark. At these prices you can still afford to have a bit of fun with your collection and not be afraid to chop the odd one up, but at nearly £100, well .......

2 hours ago, 844john said:

I agree totally, I was over the moon when we heard they were bringing the 6400 out as we still run one here and I've always hankered after a more detailed model of one. However, as yet I still can't bring myself to pay that sort of money for such a model, in all reality they are about twice the price that they should be in my opinion, especially when you compare them to the likes of Replicagri who are churning out equally detailed models but for around the £30 to £40 mark. At these prices you can still afford to have a bit of fun with your collection and not be afraid to chop the odd one up, but at nearly £100, well .......

Spot on John . Take a look at Marge with the new NH T8 & Case Magnum . They are slightly cheaper than this JD ... but you have a hell of a lot of quality detailed tractor for the money & a tractor that's twice the size of this little JD!!!

Archived