What really annoyed you today

My mate at work ringing me to say the McConnel topper was juddering so much that the whole tractor was shaking............got beneath it when he got it back to the yard to find oil running out of the bottom of both gearboxes and that the bearings had gone in both of them. Now I know this isn't from the 5 minutes he used it as its had a slight oil leak for a while and a mild vibration when the stockman went to use it back in April, I now know full well that it must have been like this when he finished with it and he hadn't told anyone ::) ::)

the news report i just saw on local bbc, apparently the milk guys have cut the price they pay to farmers by another 1.7p a litre, thats 3.7p in the last 3 months, so most are now selling the milk at a loss, the usual excuse is the supermarkets are driving it down?? wonder what will hapen if all the farmers stop selling them the milk full stop, watch the fun then in tescos ect while they try to source a new supply.

Car had to be left at the garage as on my way to visit a client the brakes started squealing. Intermittent but awful noise. The last time I heard a sound like that it was seized brake callipers. This time I think it is my handbrake. We shall see when they get back to me.

How many miles has your car done Sue and is that all four wheels needing discs and pads...could be an expensive one :huh: I had to renew pads all round but only the rear discs at approximately 53k mils and it was around £ 250.

How many miles has your car done Sue and is that all four wheels needing discs and pads...could be an expensive one :huh: I had to renew pads all round but only the rear discs at approximately 53k mils and it was around £ 250.

Around 36000 but it was the calliper that had something caught in it and it had jammed in a partially "on" position with a piece of gravel in the pad which scored the disc. Noise was incredible. Not all four wheels - just the rear ones were replaced. We have so many deep potholes and flooded, muddy roads it is not surprising that muck got into my brake system.

Anyway all's well that ends well and the car is running nicely (and quietly) now!

The rule of footpath walking is

a) stay on the footpath . Straying off is trespass and the Right of Way across a field is only the width a single person needs to walk from one stile to the next

B) dogs must be on the lead although few people seem to know that or take any notice but the same rule applies - dogs should stay on the right of way!

The rule of footpath walking is

a) stay on the footpath . Straying off is trespass and the Right of Way across a field is only the width a single person needs to walk from one stile to the next

B) dogs must be on the lead although few people seem to know that or take any notice but the same rule applies - dogs should stay on the right of way!

Isn't the rule, dogs should be under control but not necersserily on the lead? At least thats what I thought it was, I could be wrong though as we have no paths

Around our way the by-law is "on the lead" but it may be slightly different in other parts but at the end of the day a dog racing over a field chasing balls, sticks, arrows or whatever is NOT under control. Or I should say the OWNER is out of control! The owner is responsible for the dog's actions, after all.

Around our way the by-law is "on the lead" but it may be slightly different in other parts but at the end of the day a dog racing over a field chasing balls, sticks, arrows or whatever is NOT under control. Or I should say the OWNER is out of control! The owner is responsible for the dog's actions, after all.

Mmmmm I disagree with that. If you throw a ball for example and send your dog to retrieve the ball, come back and give it to you, that is under control in my book. A dog which is loose and not adhering to commands given by its owner is out of control.

See here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environmentandgreenerliving/Greenertravel/Enjoyingthecountryside/DG_187728

Especially:

Keeping your dog on a lead

You don’t have to put your dog on a lead on public paths, as long as it’s under close control. However, you should keep your dog on a short lead:

• if you can’t rely on it obeying you
  • on most areas of open country and common land or open access land between 1 March and 31 July
  • always near farm animals
  • if there are signs asking you to do so

If a farm animal chases you and your dog, it’s safer to let your dog off the lead. Don’t risk getting hurt by trying to protect it.

Protecting sheep and birds from dogs

Take care your dog doesn’t scare sheep and lambs or wander where it might alarm birds nesting on the ground. Eggs and young will soon die without protection from their parents. By law, farmers are entitled to destroy a dog that injures or worries their animals.

Cleaning up dog mess

Dog mess is unpleasant and can cause infections, so clean up after your dog and get rid of the mess responsibly. Making sure your dog is wormed regularly will protect it, other animals and people.

• 2 months later...

Picture the scene, 5.30 AM this morning, slats under the cubicles too full to get scraped up. So look round all 3 tractors, all with 1000 speed pto. So need to change it to get it on the tanker. Who at MF thinks its a good idea to attach the PTO stub on with 9 19mm bolts. Why? What possessed you to do that? Especially as you have to chock it with a drill bit. A job that could have taken 2 minutes with a criclip type attachement took 10 minutes, in the dark, knelt on the floor at half 5. I was not happy.

plymouth city council .whilst i appreciate they want to celebrate the olympic winners down here, why the hell do they have to do the open top bus trip and show for them at 4.30 to 1800 + thus shutting all the main roads in town from 1600 ,causing traffic chaos ,just taken me 1 and 3/4 hrs to get out of the exhchange in the city center and only the after our boss rang the council then the police and threatend to bil them for our time?????. why couldn't they have done it on a sunday when the traffics less , less people at work trying to get home again , and why shut the roads nearly 2 hrs before the bus even gets to the stage?? its just happend live on the local news ,

plymouth city council .whilst i appreciate they want to celebrate the olympic winners down here, why the hell do they have to do the open top bus trip and show for them at 4.30 to 1800 + thus shutting all the main roads in town from 1600 ,causing traffic chaos ,just taken me 1 and 3/4 hrs to get out of the exhchange in the city center and only the after our boss rang the council then the police and threatend to bil them for our time? ????. why couldn't they have done it on a sunday when the traffics less , less people at work trying to get home again , and why shut the roads nearly 2 hrs before the bus even gets to the stage?? its just happend live on the local news ,

Wow and I almost signed up to take that tour, then remembered who live in Plymouth.. Yet would of loved looking out the back window to see old grouch blowing a fuse and give him my heartfelt PPPtttttttwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ^-^

Set up outdoor photo booth to take model photos and rain come on at 9.30.....it wasn't forecast until lunchtime :angry: ...never mind will try it in the garage under a double fluorescent tube and see how that works :unsure:

Edited by BC