What really annoyed you today

went out to get  a bale of easibed for me pigeon s only to fine some one had just taken the last ones  well all 16 they had which made me a little >:(   then on way home a 44T HGV cut me up  rather then slow down :of  :of  :of

trying to fix my pen and set it on fire  >:(  very hard to melt an end round so it does not look like one of my mates has used it as a weapon to use at me!

Still trying to make sense of this - you've set fire to your pen:-

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the daylight robbery that Royal Mail are now charging for postage,

For a box of a reasonable size less than 749g it was £2.70 first class

Now its if the box is over 80mm in any direction its gone upto £5.65 regardless of the weight

They must be having a laugh???

Has anyone seen the daylight robbery that Royal Mail are now charging for postage,

For a box of a reasonable size less than 749g it was £2.70 first class

Now its if the box is over 80mm in any direction its gone upto £5.65 regardless of the weight

They must be having a laugh???

Yes I know what you mean, my brothers been selling of some stuff on eBay, he went to the post office and had to come home and rewrap a load of parcels to make them fit as it was so expensive. Its cheeky that they've done it over night with little notice aswell. There were lots of people taking parcels back home to wrap that day apparently :)

Well after a lot and I mean alot of head scratching about a new job offer to go work with my local contactor I will have to turn it down as the money side of thing won as it just wont stack up as I would be going to work for alot less money so had to ring him and tell him I wont be going for the job :( :( :

Well after a lot and I mean alot of head scratching about a new job offer to go work with my local contactor I will have to turn it down as the money side of thing won as it just wont stack up as I would be going to work for alot less money so had to ring him and tell him I wont be going for the job :( :( :

That's a shame Bob, it must have seemed pretty enticing until he mentioned the wage! If money wasn't an issue I would be pushing for employed farm work full-time if I could, but I can make more working for myself. 

• Like 1

That's a shame Bob, it must have seemed pretty enticing until he mentioned the wage! If money wasn't an issue I would be pushing for employed farm work full-time if I could, but I can make more working for myself. 

Yeah Chris thats the same as me need all the money we can get as we just got a house and it needs bits done to it aswell as that the money would of been ok if it was not in euro as the contactor is in Donegal he would be paying me in euro and I live in Northern Ireland which works with pounds so that what really kill it for me yes if it was in pounds it still would of been working out less money but not a to big of a loss and id be doing work that is close to my heart and id be happy at my work but it back to selling car for me for while yet :( 

its a shame bob,same with me,where i work part time its 32 miles away,so 64 miles a day,and thats what kills it for me,as where i work now,any jobs that are over 6 miles away i get a van or a lift there,so i dont have hardly any transport costs,the boss would take me on at the farm,plus the wages are lower,but not by to much,but financially it doesnt stack up,but dont give up,something may turn up mate,and also i really enjoy the farm work when im called upon,perhaps if i did it full time it might loose its appeal

• Like 2

bloody ebay, seems they areupdating the looks, ok fine, but also looks like they have updated the search parts, where as i used to be able to search for britains, then select the sub section "farm toys" same with universal hobbies, it now only allows the make, then its everything ,so with uh for instance, i used to be able to look at arround 900 odd farm toys ,now its 2300 odd of everything from cars to trucks etc ,same with britains, why cant they just leave it alone????

• Like 1

bloody ebay, seems they areupdating the looks, ok fine, but also looks like they have updated the search parts, where as i used to be able to search for britains, then select the sub section "farm toys" same with universal hobbies, it now only allows the make, then its everything ,so with uh for instance, i used to be able to look at arround 900 odd farm toys ,now its 2300 odd of everything from cars to trucks etc ,same with britains, why cant they just leave it alone? ???

I hate that, as if it doesn't take long enough to pick through listings already!  >:( Why Ebay seem so desperate to ruin a once easy to use auction site is beyond me. Customers and sellers will go elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I am house hunting again!  The occupier of the house I WANT to buy has had 3 months to find herself another property and is still stalling. 

I am now withdrawing my offer, cutting my losses and looking at two houses tomorrow.  One I have linspected before and one so new on the market there are no details yet available although I do know the house and my son and daughter-in-law say they would love it.

not just frustrating, Tris.  It has already cost me money to get this far.  I am not amused to say the least as I expected to be moving shortly.

Good thing is that with the two properties I am looking at tomorrow the sellers are either wanting to move within 6 weeks or are prepared to move into temporary accommodation if I want to move quickly.

The bain of the property market, eh?! I'm sure when we come to change I will find out just what it's like. The easiest house is the first, tgey say. Bit more promising with the next two sellers, mind.

The bain of the property market, eh?! I'm sure when we come to change I will find out just what it's like. The easiest house is the first, tgey say. Bit more promising with the next two sellers, mind.

Keep your fingers crossed, Tris.