What really annoyed you today

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

Nobody will ever be able to criticise farm subsidies ever again, the money being handed out now is a subsidy really, three quarters of the population have got their hand in the till:D

That is a very good point you’ve made Chris! 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Nobody will ever be able to criticise farm subsidies ever again, the money being handed out now is a subsidy really, three quarters of the population have got their hand in the till:D

don't hold your breath on much of us getting some money from this mob in charge,they will probably want it back with interest in time! 

• Haha 2

had news today that one of our cabling team in london was stabbed yesterday ,by some nut accusing the guys of being spreaders of death, by working and spreading covid, and also putting  the new 5g stuff in, which causes the covid issue? theres some real nut cases out there ,turns out today one of our guys was given a load of abuse in torquay for much the same things. by a guy in a wheel chair  after 5 mins he tried to get away which caused him to try and follow him, so he decided to cross the road and walk faster, this lead to the guy getting out of his wheel chair and actually chasing him.luckily a resident had been watching and called the police  who arrived within 5 mins and found him outside the lorry still at it, cctv has been secured and hes being prosecuted apparently . as i said to the guy, you have some serious skills,you rod through blockages others cant do,you go through silt and crud that others cant, now you can add the power of god to your skill set and cure disabilities ,which made him laugh,   some seriously sick people out there .

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

had news today that one of our cabling team in london was stabbed yesterday ,by some nut accusing the guys of being spreaders of death, by working and spreading covid, and also putting  the new 5g stuff in, which causes the covid issue? theres some real nut cases out there ,turns out today one of our guys was given a load of abuse in torquay for much the same things. by a guy in a wheel chair  after 5 mins he tried to get away which caused him to try and follow him, so he decided to cross the road and walk faster, this lead to the guy getting out of his wheel chair and actually chasing him.luckily a resident had been watching and called the police  who arrived within 5 mins and found him outside the lorry still at it, cctv has been secured and hes being prosecuted apparently . as i said to the guy, you have some serious skills,you rod through blockages others cant do,you go through silt and crud that others cant, now you can add the power of god to your skill set and cure disabilities ,which made him laugh,   some seriously sick people out there .

London is like the stab capital off the world these days. Its outa control there.

it is,  but when you get approached else where now it puts you on edge, all our guy was doing was putting in a  new fibre cable for fttp,or fibre to the premise, but , the guy just got more wound up and aggressive. its amazing how people believe what appears on facebook ,a quick search found a group for torquay, listing where we are working , and urging people to complain and block it make life difficult for it to get done , and its not even related to 5g , we have had 3 mobile masts torched  in the last week as well, one which cut the airwaves system, which is what the emergency services use,   they have even started harassing the power guys doing lamp posts and light renewals, claiming they are spy system's and 5g mast.

I can't believe the stupidity of people who have got this idea into their heads that somehow 5G and Covid 19 are connected. It needs to be pointed out to them that some countries that do not have 5G are Covid 19 hotspots such as Iran.

The same people also seem to believe that the Royal family are lizards and that aircraft are spreading mind control drugs, flat earthers the lot of them

• Like 2

People are linking Covid 19 and Huawei and together ...China basicly.  Huawei are providing the 5G network fibre cable and what ever else.  But how can a human transmitted virus have anything to do with 5G..?? it's all bizarre. only a fool would think they are connected. 

Just now, justy 46 said:

People are linking Covid 19 and Huawei and together ...China basicly.  Huawei are providing the 5G network fibre cable and what ever else.  But how can a human transmitted virus have anything to do with 5G..?? it's all bizarre. only a fool would think they are connected. 

but huawei are locked out, they are only supplying the structures the electronics are from other companies after all the security scandals recently . none of the networks actually supplied by them at all .

The "security scandals" are down to US companies whose technology can't compete with Huawei, so they are up to mischief trying to persuade other customers that Huawei are up to no good so they can win the sales.

4 minutes ago, SPN said:

The "security scandals" are down to US companies whose technology can't compete with Huawei, so they are up to mischief trying to persuade other customers that Huawei are up to no good so they can win the sales.

huawei is basically  other multi nationals tech, stolen and rebranded at a fraction of the price, thats all the Chinese do , most is a direct copy of cisco, the world courts try and enforce copyright laws , but china takes no notice, hence why countries are now trying to block it, prob is that breaks world trade rules, ,so its very very hard to do ,hence why the security ones appeared, our lot stopped buying their stuff a few years back ,and what we do have is currently being phased out .

• Like 1

Well I do understand peoples mistrust of China and Huawei, but accept theres no proven link between the company and the virus.   China has clearly lied repeatedly about their virus data but then again that's communism for you. Quite simply you do not lockdown 760 million people for only 3000+ deaths!!   Clearly the total is multiples higher than that.  Ive been told by a good trusted source that its probably around 1 million deaths which sounds like a lot, but,  even that is only 0.13%  which basically means that 99.9% of the 760 million quarantined didn't die.  When you look at UK mortality rates by comparison,  Chinas 1 mill deaths is quite believable.   

The trouble with 5G is the close proximity of all its base stations,  they are much closer together than 4G for example and its that density that has alarmed some folks.  Ive heard some people describing the finished 5G network as a potential giant microwave oven, but whether that is ridiculous scaremongering or not we will only find out after the system is fully up and running:unsure:

• Like 2

they are close because they use the higher end wavebands left free from the shift of fm radio stations onto digital, they don't travel as far as the 4 g as they are not a high frequency ,so you could argue we have all been driving round in microwaves anyway ,if you listen to a radio , thats how stupid people are ,did they all complain that car radios gave them head aches and bought on some pandemic ?? dont recall it .either way it doesn't give people the right to abuse or even worse attack , guys going about their job, or put peoples lives at risk by burning masts down . 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Car dealers!!

Thought that is was time to change the car as I have had the same one for 6 years. I looked around online and saw a car that I quite liked and so I put the details of my car into their site for a part exchange value. Now I know that these valuations are always more than they think your car is worth just to get you to go in. However, when I got there I was asked to confirm that it had a full service history so I got out the service book. This is when the irritation started.

I had declared a full service history but, when they looked at the book there was no service dated 2016. There were 2 services showing in 2015, one in February and another at the end of October. (Had it done just prior to driving to Zwolle)

Now, at the end of 2015 my job changed and I no longer needed to use this car for work so the mileage that I was doing dropped from 25000 per year to less than 8000 so, during 2016 the car did very few miles, less than 8000 and the service intervals are given as being every 12,500 miles in the book.

However, it was due to have an MOT in January 2017 and so I had it serviced on 6th January 2017 at the same time as the MOT and I have kept this up ever since, MOT and service every January whether it was up to the mileage or not.

Now, according to the sales person, this did not class as being a full service history as there was no stamp dated 2016 and he slashed the part exchange price that they were offering.

THAT was my cue to walk out of the door as there was no way that he would compromise, that was the offer and it was the best that they could do...................bye!

I then went to another dealer and found a better car, for the same initial price and they also offered me a lot more for my old car, deal done!

I now have a new car on my drive and, for those that know me, yes, it is another silver Mondeo, the fourth one that I have had since 1999.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robbo said:

Car dealers!!

Thought that is was time to change the car as I have had the same one for 6 years. I looked around online and saw a car that I quite liked and so I put the details of my car into their site for a part exchange value. Now I know that these valuations are always more than they think your car is worth just to get you to go in. However, when I got there I was asked to confirm that it had a full service history so I got out the service book. This is when the irritation started.

I had declared a full service history but, when they looked at the book there was no service dated 2016. There were 2 services showing in 2015, one in February and another at the end of October. (Had it done just prior to driving to Zwolle)

Now, at the end of 2015 my job changed and I no longer needed to use this car for work so the mileage that I was doing dropped from 25000 per year to less than 8000 so, during 2016 the car did very few miles, less than 8000 and the service intervals are given as being every 12,500 miles in the book.

However, it was due to have an MOT in January 2017 and so I had it serviced on 6th January 2017 at the same time as the MOT and I have kept this up ever since, MOT and service every January whether it was up to the mileage or not.

Now, according to the sales person, this did not class as being a full service history as there was no stamp dated 2016 and he slashed the part exchange price that they were offering.

THAT was my cue to walk out of the door as there was no way that he would compromise, that was the offer and it was the best that they could do...................bye!

I then went to another dealer and found a better car, for the same initial price and they also offered me a lot more for my old car, deal done!

I now have a new car on my drive and, for those that know me, yes, it is another silver Mondeo, the fourth one that I have had since 1999.

Well done glad you got a better deal ,I was going to push the like button but I don't like the first bit but I do like that you walked out and went elsewhere :)

• Like 2

silver mondo eh, the newer shape i am asuming . i have the opposite effect on a car dealer ,i scare them, i took just shy of £10000 of her new car last september, by prepping and being firm and ready to walk. playing one against the other. may do the same again given how desperate they all are for trade and swap mine .

• Like 3

I worked in motor trade for 5 years not as a sales person but the valeting department the thing is you have to stand your ground and be prepared to walk away you will always find the same deal if not better. Great work and happy motoring. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Barry said:

eBay should hire a team of assassins that visit bidders if they haven't paid after 3 days, soon get your money, and thin out the idiots!

I agree! Had one joker have maximum bid on 3 items, total of 87 quid, then read the feedback and see a few "positive negatives" saying they were non payers.  There are positive feedbacks too but I dont suppose they will pay up.  They will be going on the  block list!

1 hour ago, Barry said:

eBay should hire a team of assassins that visit bidders if they haven't paid after 3 days, soon get your money, and thin out the idiots!

If they haven’t paid within a 2/3 days I just cancel the sale and leave negative feedback, they vast majority have paid within the hour of winning 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 11:43 AM, FendtFarmer said:

If they haven’t paid within a 2/3 days I just cancel the sale and leave negative feedback, they vast majority have paid within the hour of winning 

I've asked them to agree to cancel the sale, if I don't hear from them by 6 I'll open up dispute.

If they agree I can get the things relisted.