What really annoyed you today

What annoyed you today?? mmmm Well isn't today a bit tongue in cheek for political correctness...... The fact that kids in  nursery aren't allowed to sing BaaBaa Black sheep it's got to be rainbow sheep or just plain old no colour sheep despite the fact you can actually go on many a farm in the world and see such a thing as a black sheep...... but yet today they let you have Black friday...... it's double standards like that really annoy me,  that nursery rhyme been around for decades.... black friday is relativley new but realistically have you ever seen a friday that's black???

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

What annoyed you today?? mmmm Well isn't today a bit tongue in cheek for political correctness...... The fact that kids in  nursery aren't allowed to sing BaaBaa Black sheep it's got to be rainbow sheep or just plain old no colour sheep despite the fact you can actually go on many a farm in the world and see such a thing as a black sheep...... but yet today they let you have Black friday...... it's double standards like that really annoy me,  that nursery rhyme been around for decades.... black friday is relativley new but realistically have you ever seen a friday that's black???

I've seen several Fridays that have been very black Paul, they usually occur around lambing time...;) Seriously though, I know exactly what you mean, I'm in no way politically minded or racist but I just sometimes feel we have become a soft touch and are afraid to stand by our traditions and values because it will possibly offend someone. Look at the case of the academic from Durham university imprisoned in Dubai on the accusation of spying, if you go to other countries you rightfully have to abide by their laws, beliefs and traditions and if you don't then you are subject to punishment by their legal system. Another example is the radical Muslim preacher chowdry ( probably spelt that wrong!) who spent years denouncing the west whilst living in and being kept by this country. As I say, to me we seem to have become too afraid to stand by our beliefs for fear of upsetting someone. And speaking of black Friday, just when is it going to get light this morning, I won't be able to find any sheep out there , black or otherwise:D 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Black Friday Rubbish I went to the midlands machinery show on Wednesday and most of the spare parts companies was trying to sell me powerharrow tines , drill coulters etc order today but we will hold it till Friday so you get the 10% black Friday deals , I told them I have finished with that equipment for this year there reply was but buy them as they are 10% cheaper and come next year with price rises they will be dearer so they wont me to fill up there bank account by putting there stock on my shelf in my shed with parts I don't need for about 8 months , I don't thinks so what little £££ I have is better in my account for the next 8 months than there's . I refuse to buy anything on black Friday deals .

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, smithy said:

Black Friday Rubbish I went to the midlands machinery show on Wednesday and most of the spare parts companies was trying to sell me powerharrow tines , drill coulters etc order today but we will hold it till Friday so you get the 10% black Friday deals , I told them I have finished with that equipment for this year there reply was but buy them as they are 10% cheaper and come next year with price rises they will be dearer so they wont me to fill up there bank account by putting there stock on my shelf in my shed with parts I don't need for about 8 months , I don't thinks so what little £££ I have is better in my account for the next 8 months than there's . I refuse to buy anything on black Friday deals .

You're right there Smithy, that money would be better spent on models!;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, robbo said:

And what about the village of Wool that has been asked to change its name to show that it does not agree with the cruel practice of shearing. FFS is all I can say

FFS is right Mike.....if you've seen un-clipped sheep in the heat of mid summer then you'll know what cruelty is!

• Like 6

I watched a video last year where a Volcano expert stated that one really large erupting Volcano puts more carbon into the air than the entire history of automobile usage combined!!!!!!!

I thought what is the point of worrying about our footprints when one good Krakotoa event could put the tin hat on everything.  This carbon business is just another way the 1% can yield leverage over the rest of us and introduce another raft of unjust taxes.

And as for coloured sheep its just another attempt by the looney left to force their agenda of promoting the minority view over and above the opinions of the sane majority. Ignore them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I watched a video last year where a Volcano expert stated that one really large erupting Volcano puts more carbon into the air than the entire history of automobile usage combined!!!!!!!

I thought what is the point of worrying about our footprints when one good Krakotoa event could put the tin hat on everything.  This carbon business is just another way the 1% can yield leverage over the rest of us and introduce another raft of unjust taxes.

And as for coloured sheep its just another attempt by the looney left to force their agenda of promoting the minority view over and above the opinions of the sane majority. Ignore them.

But how many volcano's worth of carbon each day is put out by Aircraft, Vegans and politicians :ph34r:

and never seen a problem with ethnic minority coloured sheep in a nursery rhyme :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yodel/Fastway.

Parcel arrived at local depot on the 7th.

Recorded as damaged on the 12th. To be returned to sender.

Recorded as damaged on the 15th. To be returned to sender.

Meanwhile, on the PostNL tracking system it is recorded as nobody home on the 12th and nobody home on the 15th.

Parcel still hasn't arrived back at the sender, and can't be found in the system.

Grrrrrr.

• Sad 3

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I went to lift this manhole lid as I needed to feed this armour cable though some ducting , but I dropped it on my hand/finger :oand it b##### hurt , 32hours later it still b##### hurts . cant bend or move it .dr said badly bruised/squashed good start to the new year :angry:

20190103_133009.jpg

20190103_103157.jpg

20190103_133100.jpg

• Sad 3

Bet that hurts Smithy, almost two years ago now I did this, just before lambing time as well! I was sanding a wood above a doorway, and managed to drive a spelk right under my nail, it was that long it disappeared right up into my finger......needless to say i felt a little sick! 

WP_20170322_18_17_05_Pro.jpg

• Sad 3

31 minutes ago, robbo said:

You will need to puncture the nail Smithy to let the pressure out, try a red hot needle, it will be a relief when you do

bet you did a bit of norfolk talk when you did tha smithy :D    do agree with mike, lance the nail and loose the preassure,will feel a lot better,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, smithy said:

Yesterday I went to lift this manhole lid as I needed to feed this armour cable though some ducting , but I dropped it on my hand/finger :oand it b##### hurt , 32hours later it still b##### hurts . cant bend or move it .dr said badly bruised/squashed good start to the new year :angry:

20190103_133009.jpg

20190103_103157.jpg

20190103_133100.jpg

Man up Smithy......just cut it off....you’ve got three others Pal:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I saw it shoot out of the verge just in front of me and expected a muted thud as he went under but the bugger must have tried to fly and came up over the bonnet. It's only glass yes and could have been worse if I'd been going fast, although one of the defenders safety features is it can't go fast. Least he learned his lesson and won't do it again. :D

• Like 3