Paul Palmer's conversions

1 hour ago, New Hollander said:

Small improvement but make it more realistic. Keep the steering wheel a bit more flat. Really curious about the resin rear mudguards. Are they wider than the originals?

no they are not wider,they will just have indicators on and rear lights,they are made by Ian at tab models

Edited by Paul Palmer

managed to get a bit done this morning,first up the britains ford 6600,way more to do yet,im keeping the original linkage as i want to keep the model original as possible,cab roof painted and exhaust painted and original front cab decal put back on and bonnet decals added

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
spelling
  • Like 6

next up is my new holland 7740 conversion,due to big mistake by me it is now weathered,i used super glue and an accelorator,its never happened before ,i know super glue can fog clear plastic,but the accelorator? any way fogged the windscreen,and fogged it very badly,never happened to me before,anyway some pictures,oh i corrected the bonnet nose decal,it is now the right way up

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 2

some tidy work there Paul, the wheels make a big difference on the 66. It's a shame about the superglue fogging the window but at least  the weathering has hidden it ( as an aside, why does this phone insist on changing fogging to dogging ???)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i have tried google but cant find anything,im looking for a picture of a ford 6600 safety cab version showing the rear plough light,any ford fans got pictures of it?

Inside light cluster on rear mudguard, but have seen it in different places.

14 minutes ago, 844john said:

some tidy work there Paul, the wheels make a big difference on the 66. It's a shame about the superglue fogging the window but at least  the weathering has hidden it ( as an aside, why does this phone insist on changing fogging to dogging ???)

blimey ,reminds me of the  Peter Kay car share episode:D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i have tried google but cant find anything,im looking for a picture of a ford 6600 safety cab version showing the rear plough light,any ford fans got pictures of it?

I'd say after almost 45 years off Saftey cabbed 7A Ford's being worked hard , you will find it hard to get a pic off an original one with the light still there , unless it's restored, best I can find is the rear off a UH 7600 if it helps Paul. 

Screenshot_20201017-211459.png

Here are the two positions I recall (apologies for brutally hacking Justin's pic)

Inside light cluster on right, but I also remember (could have been on a 4000) the ploughing light under/behind the toolbox on the left hand side.

The difficulty with the position on the original UH pic is that it blocks the view of the indicator

7A1-1.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SPN said:

Here are the two positions I recall (apologies for brutally hacking Justin's pic)

Inside light cluster on right, but I also remember (could have been on a 4000) the ploughing light under/behind the toolbox on the left hand side.

The difficulty with the position on the original UH pic is that it blocks the view of the indicator

7A1-1.png

thanks Stan,i see what you mean about inside light cluster on right,that seems the best option,thanks again

Had the grandaughter dropped off yesterday afternoon,and just gone home,so havent had any time for the tractors except for this simple job of adding two beacons to the TM 155,Big thanks to Weblet/Andy for the beacons

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 2