GPS's collection

GPS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked this little group up as a set some time ago. All are 1/43rd scale or there abouts conversions. Quite simple but nicely done. 

I don't know a lot about them. I believe they were made by Roy Leatham as a special request. If anyone knows any more about them, I'd be grateful for the info.

Group.JPG

Closer up photos and a little more detail...……...

Roadless and a Power Major Doe Triple D.

These are based on Matchbox Kingsize tractors - K11 Fordson tractor.... the imprint is still visible on the undersides.

Roadless.JPG

Doe.JPG

Roadless Ploughmaster is based on a UH 1/43rd Ford 5000 1964, again the print is still visible underneath.

The Roadless 115 and County 1124 Super Six I'm not so sure about. No identifying marks are left, but I assume they stated life as something similar......they do have different styles of 3 point linkage though.

Ploughmaster.JPG

Roadless 115.JPG

County.JPG

Thanks all for the comments. Seems quite an interest in the 1/43rd scale! 

Paul, thanks for that info. I don't know Roy, so it would be good to meet him and see what light he can shed on them. All in place now to be at Penrith on Sunday.

8 hours ago, GPS said:

Thanks all for the comments. Seems quite an interest in the 1/43rd scale! 

Paul, thanks for that info. I don't know Roy, so it would be good to meet him and see what light he can shed on them. All in place now to be at Penrith on Sunday.

Great stuff, look forward to seeing you on Sunday, and i'm sure Roy will be able to give you all the info you need ;)

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd have more time over the Christmas break to update this topic, but time just flew. Anyway, slowly carrying on with working my way through cataloguing everything.... excel database now has 642 entries, but that also includes construction models (but doesn't include the trucks!)

These two were picked up in 2018, and cross the ag / construction lines...…. Both are 1/50th scale, the 1914 a Conrad model, the 639 by NZG. Both are based on existing Liebherr models.

Claas.JPG

• 6 months later...

An update in celebration of completing the 1254. Based on my very limited knowledge of County, compared to many on the forum, I believe these were all introduced in 1971, so an ideal group photo, of model designations and model makers.

From left, a Tab Models 944, DBP 1164 and my Autodrome 1454. By rights, there should also be a 1254....that's one I don't have.

IMG_4277.JPG

• 2 months later...

As posted in the Workbench section, a couple more pics of my Leyland tractors.... I only have the two. Scaledown Leyland Bray Four 384, built by myself, and a Leyland 270, again by Nigel, but this is one of his ready built Model Tractor Co models.

Leylands.JPG

Leylands 2.JPG

Scaledown Leyland 270 2.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All, meant to post this earlier, but then found we had an internet problem with the pc… all sorted now.

Having finished the JCB 808 that I bought (quite a while ago!) as a 3D printed kit from Nigel Paine, I thought I'd dig out a couple of other classic excavators from the cabinet. All are 1/50th scale. Left to right are:

Priestman VC15. This is one of 25 models made by Brian Blackman (another 25 were made in the later colour scheme). Its all metal with photo etch details. I bought this in 2007. Does anyone know if Brian is still around?

JCB 808. 3D printed kit by Nigel Piane.

Hymac 850D. Again by Nigel Paine, but I bought this one fully finished.

IMG_4795.JPG

Priestman 2.JPG

JCB 808 5.JPG

IMG_4797.JPG

I read in a magazine article that MF had had such an impact on agriculture in Ethiopia over the years, that an MF135 even appears on one of their banknotes. Bit of digging and an ebay search found an unused  Ethiopian 10 birr note. I think I paid 99p for it, which is quite a poor exchange rate for me, good for the seller.... 10 birr currently converts to 24p!

Thought I'd stage the scene on the banknote...…..the tractor is Britains MF135, but a refurbished example by Dave Purdue (DBP), fully repainted and fitted with a cast metal hood and mudguards. The plough is a standard childhood Britains.

Thinking this may look quite nice in it's own little display case with the banknote.

IMG_4805.JPG

20 minutes ago, GPS said:

I read in a magazine article that MF had had such an impact on agriculture in Ethiopia over the years, that an MF135 even appears on one of their banknotes. Bit of digging and an ebay search found an unused  Ethiopian 10 birr note. I think I paid 99p for it, which is quite a poor exchange rate for me, good for the seller.... 10 birr currently converts to 24p!

Thought I'd stage the scene on the banknote...…..the tractor is Britains MF135, but a refurbished example by Dave Purdue (DBP), fully repainted and fitted with a cast metal hood and mudguards. The plough is a standard childhood Britains.

Thinking this may look quite nice in it's own little display case with the banknote.

IMG_4805.JPG

a good few of our old 100 series were donated to an African farming charity when we replaced  them way back, only one that didn't was the 165 i learnt to drive on, which we kept from new till we sold up. never knew about the bank notes mind.

Mf had a huge impact on world agriculture in general ha ha!.  E ery country in the world has now been ploughed by them.  The famous ferguson system hydraulics continue to farm the world long after its founder gave it to us   no one ever bettered it 

Various conversions by Agringegno Models in Italy. All are based on the Replicagri Fiat 640 chassis. I believe there was also a NH blue version of the Fiat done, that I'd like to try and find.

Left to right: Lamborghini R603 DT, SAME Minitaurus 60, SAME Falcon 50, Agrifull 70 DT and Fiat 50-66.

Agringegno.JPG

Archived