30 minutes ago, miker said:

i can get my head round how the steering,brakes etc work on this, but what  about gear shifting/ratio, is it like the old select o speed on the 4000/5000,s ??

Good question Mike, never got close enough to one to have a good look, I always thought gear selection might be cable operated, I could be wrong

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, miker said:

Same with a doe, there is a obviously some mechanism ?  that replicates gear selection front to back ?

Yeah the Does first used link rods and then master and slave cylinders to select the front unit gears from the back, maybe the FC 1174 used hydraulic actuators? Any information I can find on the cab mentions the use of Bowden cables, but doesn't specify if these were used to select gears

Gear selection is with rods, uj's and levers to a different gear change cover, operating mechanism enters through the off side of the gear change cover, does not operate via cut off gear sticks.

Bowden cables are for PTO, Spool Valves, if fitted, HPL, again if fitted and Dual Power operation

15 hours ago, miker said:

i knew there would be an answer to this by someone on here, come on then ian, i know you like attention to detail !!!! Ha ha !!:D:D

Shouldn't have opened my bloody mouth now :D:D

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, miker said:

Well looking at all your other work i reckon you can do it :D, can't wait to see this one finished, outstanding creations mate, im a big county/roadless fan !

Haha thanks Mike! :) hope you're not expecting it to actually shift gear :D Huge fan of the Countys and Roadless' too and I really like those forestry conversions you've done, top work

33 minutes ago, prickles said:

The cab was positioned fully offset to the right to enable the rod linkages operating the standard Ford 7700 side mounted gear selectors  to be operated in a straight line, the gear levers in cab to the drivers left- the linkage s ran straight alongside the righthandside of the tractor. Clutch and brakes operated via master and slave cylinders and steering was fully hydrostatic via danfoss steering orbital unit. All other controls correctly identified by Super6 top man.

Excellent Nick, thanks for that, it all makes perfect sense now. It really was well designed around the available Ford skid unit. Just need some close up pics of those linkages now!

4 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Excellent Nick, thanks for that, it all makes perfect sense now. It really was well designed around the available Ford skid unit. Just need some close up pics of those linkages now!

so it will have a working gear change then :D

3 hours ago, tabmodels said:

Thanks Brian, all levers and pedals will be put inside the cab during the build up

It will be an amazing model once you have finished it Ian :)

I am already saving up to buy one :D 

and hope it will lead onto this version being built :D 

7310292-single-wheel-tester-1.jpg

416633-county-forward-control-ford.jpg

so which came first then ? the 1004 or the 1174 versions, to me the 1004 looks a lot more refined cab wise and more usuable design wise that the 1174. i have a feeling i remember seeing the lime spreader 1174  one a few years back out south devon  way . there was a guy who farmed a fair size area using countys,inc one with a front loader , doing all his gras etc on some pretty steep land, i did have pics of them which i posted on here some time back, 5/6countys on a hill at prob 25 degrees steep 

50 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

so which came first then ? the 1004 or the 1174 versions, to me the 1004 looks a lot more refined cab wise and more usuable design wise that the 1174. i have a feeling i remember seeing the lime spreader 1174  one a few years back out south devon  way . there was a guy who farmed a fair size area using countys,inc one with a front loader , doing all his gras etc on some pretty steep land, i did have pics of them which i posted on here some time back, 5/6countys on a hill at prob 25 degrees steep 

First would be 4 pot 654 replaced by the 754 along with the 6 cyl 1004 then 1174 and finally 1184. 

1 hour ago, tabmodels said:

WOW! Nice find Martin, I wonder where all these beauties are today :wub:

Unfortunately not in my shed. Interesting to see the 1124 and it's replacement the 1164 on show together. 

Archived