being made out of plasti card the front end was hollow,so it was the easiest option, i guess your moulds are full as such so you don't have the route open to you ,i swapped ploughs  not long after so it was pointless,but even a bomfords harrow would tip it 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

being made out of plasti card the front end was hollow,so it was the easiest option, i guess your moulds are full as such so you don't have the route open to you ,i swapped ploughs  not long after so it was pointless,but even a bomfords harrow would tip it 

Yes it's much easier to cast parts as blocks rather than hollow parts which require a two part mould, some weight could still be shaved off but it's not necessary thank goodness

Marvelous Ian, very, very, very impressive endresult! Perhaps an idea to built something simulair to the dealership on page 4, and put all those amazing County's you have already built in front of that? Bet it would look totally amazing!

4 hours ago, Hajo said:

Marvelous Ian, very, very, very impressive endresult! Perhaps an idea to built something simulair to the dealership on page 4, and put all those amazing County's you have already built in front of that? Bet it would look totally amazing!

Thank you very much Hajo! Funny you should mention the County stand, I had exactly the same idea after seeing that pic!

Love the detail and accuracy of  this model Ian, it instantly looks "right" the cab alone is a masterpiece.

Even the little chrome surround dual headlights are spot on, can I ask how you made them?

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, MDFord said:

Love the detail and accuracy of  this model Ian, it instantly looks "right" the cab alone is a masterpiece.

Even the little chrome surround dual headlights are spot on, can I ask how you made them?

Thanks Mark, it's basically the dual headlights drawn out on CAD in black line along with shadings and reflective shadows that makes chrome look like chrome. That is then printed on to the clear water slide decal sheet and then applied to chrome sign making vinyl, the chrome then comes through the clear decal and the black line drawing shows the detail.

5 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

How you thinking of making the tank itself mate ? Something I’ve always wondered. 

Well after a bit of detective work with the customer it's going to be made using the Britains NC tanker. It's the correct diameter and will need shortened with plenty of added detail. Oh and it also needs to be detachable!

20 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Well after a bit of detective work with the customer it's going to be made using the Britains NC tanker. It's the correct diameter and will need shortened with plenty of added detail. Oh and it also needs to be detachable!

These customers of yours don't make your life easy do they. :D

1 minute ago, tabmodels said:

Very demanding bunch indeed haha! :D

There are only 15 very complex models on my list, not including the 5 new ones I'm going to add shortly.

We still on for July 2021?

Just now, SPN said:

There are only 15 very complex models on my list, not including the 5 new ones I'm going to add shortly.

We still on for July 2021?

It's not the models Stan, some people want them in fancy boxes too :D:D:D

Make it August just to be safe :lol:

53 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

It's not the models Stan, some people want them in fancy boxes too :D:D:D

Make it August just to be safe :lol:

Wait till they start asking for cretificates of authenticity too. :D

Archived