1/16 Ford 7610 2wd (AP Cab) / tabmodels

Commissioned 1/16 scale Ford 7610 2wd AP cab. This is my first 1/16 scale build so I'm eager to see how this turns out. Model will be converted using the Universal Hobbies Ford 7000 supplied by the customer. Starting with the front cowling and grill, casting the top half of the 7000 cowling I was able to retain the basic shape and the flanges where the bonnet locates. Then closing off the front and sculpting the shape to get the 10 series cowling.

ford-7610-24.jpg.c2387985c784d8f33dbe19801eebf15b.jpgDSC_1918.thumb.JPG.65c0483f2eaabf9acca9ff7e6c2635d6.JPGDSC_1919.thumb.JPG.4ad32a9d1046891b612eff7637e7f2aa.JPGDSC_1917.thumb.JPG.f6dc1b034cfc87287d4b7423c2e36430.JPGDSC_1916.thumb.JPG.533484de61447a4535141c511080c284.JPG

3 minutes ago, SPN said:

I believe the 8 point centres on the 7000 are the correct type for this first generation 7610.

Can't help you with the cab though.

Ah I didn't know that Stan, customer wants the same as in the pic though, wonder if I could persuade him otherwise now! :ph34r:

this is going to be interesting,looking forward to the end result,

have to say whilst i dont know my fords, i do know all the ap cabbed ones i have seen,  all had 8 stud  exactly like the wheels in your pics ian,  never seen any other hub on them 2 or4 wd ,apart from one on floats a while back, but they dont count really .theres plenty still working out on dartmoor way in small farms woth old granite buildings/low barns 

Whilst I’m not a rivet counter, so cannot comment on authenticity, to the untrained eye I think those uh 1/16 are a very nice and well proportioned model, and will make a good base for you to add your incredible skill. Look forward to seeing this one! 

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Interesting build Ian, given on how your 32nd builds turn out i'm sure this one won't cause too many problems being twice the size and easier to work with ;)

Thanks Paul, I'm noticing already how easier it is making bigger parts, level of detail also gets bigger though! :)

I would not be worried about the rear wheel centres too much Ian . The centres on the 7000 you are using are 34 Sankeys with centre weights that were often seen on early Gen 1 7610s . You could always remove the wheel weights & just have the plain Sankeys if your costomer is happy to have it that way. I can think of plenty of AP cabbed Gen 1 tractors around my neck of the woods with Sankeys instead of the square centres . There is a AP cab 5610 quiet near me that has Sankey centres & I know of 3 AP cabbed 7610s (all  4wd tough ) with local contractors in the past that had Sankeys also !!

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

I would not be worried about the rear wheel centres too much Ian . The centres on the 7000 you are using are 34 Sankeys with centre weights that were often seen on early Gen 1 7610s . You could always remove the wheel weights & just have the plain Sankeys if your costomer is happy to have it that way. I can think of plenty of AP cabbed Gen 1 tractors around my neck of the woods with Sankeys instead of the square centres . There is a AP cab 5610 quiet near me that has Sankey centres & I know of 3 AP cabbed 7610s (all  4wd tough ) with local contractors in the past that had Sankeys also !!

I'll see how it goes Justin, I have already moulded a back wheel so once I get a cast I'll cut out the Sankey centre and try to modify it. I'm curious to see if it can be done, if not then the original wheels are always there to put back on again ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived