Toytrac 2018

dave the farmer

Well we have landed after the worst journey in the world 6  1/2 hours weather wind rain fixed speed restrictions accidents the full monty of every travelling problem,,,, but hey ho all for the good of supporting the shows ,,, pop and see us @ 1/32 farming models for all your model tractors accessories and weird paint work ,,, 

out for food in the  wag tail tonight let me know if you want to join us for food and a few G&T from 6.30 to 7.00 meet up at the pub 

10 hours ago, convo said:

Well we have landed after the worst journey in the world 6  1/2 hours weather wind rain fixed speed restrictions accidents the full monty of every travelling problem,,,, but hey ho all for the good of supporting the shows ,,, pop and see us @ 1/32 farming models for all your model tractors accessories and weird paint work ,,, 

out for food in the  wag tail tonight let me know if you want to join us for food and a few G&T from 6.30 to 7.00 meet up at the pub 

see you at the show ,I think the pub will be shut by the time I get down there as only now leaving Suffolk :)

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

go carefull buddy,weathers meant to be well nasty tonight / tomorrow morning 

ok thanks I have been listening to sally traffic radio 2 today as I have been drilling wheat ,and she has given out a lot of the weather down that way and into wales so I am expecting a bit of bad weather , see you tomorrow mate ;)  

just back, great show despite the weather, very well attended. have got a good few layout oics which i will post at some point tonight or tomorrow ,although david was there as well  i suspect he will be longer getting home etc. have to say i have just spent 5 odd hours judging some of the best layouts i have come across in a long time ,from all ages which is really nice to see , some amazing work gone into them, and if possible i would have happily given prizes to all of them just for the pure effort put into them.

28 minutes ago, prickles said:

any news about the britains launches too come that were their on the cards so to speak?

From what i saw wasn't that much, just a prototype MF 6700S (think it was one of they) which didnt look much more than a new style bonnet on a 6600, also had the Golden/metallic blue Kane trailer.

didnt get a chance to have a proper look sadly, was away judging as they set up, and most of the new stuff was packed up buy the time we finished, did find out the kane is going to be easy or hard to get hold of depending on your local toy store, it seem 500 are going to kane, the rest are ina exclusive deal with toymaster , so thats 2000 ,i for one only have 1 toymaster local ,and they dont stock britains .

it was,way harder than last year, it really nice to see people wanting to explain and show how they did stuff, exchanging ideas , think it was 35 in total to judge,hence the time it took . loads of you gsters doing stuff to, some to a very high standard.some ina different scale who really packed the details in ,despite the size, few regulars missing sadly like george poole, but covered by so many new guys 

What a fantastic show. Same comments as Sean, hard to judge, a great caliber of displays, and plenty of youngsters! Loads of great information and techniques being shared around and good to add some more names to faces.

Sadly didn't get a single photo but there was plenty of cameras flying about so I'm sure some will appear

Archived