Book collections

Thought i would start a topic on what tractor, farm, agricultural or any other book collections you have. I have always loved books and even in this age of the internet and the likes i still prefer to have information on hand in the form of a printed page. I will start the ball rolling with my latest purchases 3 books in fact i have wanted for ages and finally the other week i purchased them, 3 of Mr Gibbards classics.20181015_222032.thumb.jpg.179129261f2d18a447062cdd8c5aa846.jpg

• Like 8

Great idea for a topic, I have got quite a few, some of more interest that others though.

To start with, how about the one that suits my collection, Four Wheels Ahead, the story of SAME tractors by Massimo de Nola. There are 2 different cover options but this is the least common version

IMG_3913.JPG

• Like 6

Just to show that I am not colour biased, The Claas Chronicles and The Roar of Dust and Diesel, IH tractors by Mike Teanby.

I have a few more that I will put up later, other makes and various collectors lists

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steve P said:

I am considering getting a copy of that SAME book Robbo, for some reason i thought the text was in Italian.

No the text is in English, at least on my copy anyway. I have also got that Fiat book as well.

Excellent subject, I too have quite a collection of books as I enjoy reading about a companies past and history. This could also be quite useful as, by their very subject matter, some of these books become quite hard to find after the first run or too.

I have the SAME book, I didn't know there were two covers. I assume mine is the more common version? And I can confirm my text, too is in English.

The Big Bud book I picked up recently on a work trip to the USA. I had tried to get hold of it in the UK but struggled to find it.

SAME.JPG

Big Bud.JPG

• Like 7

I am a total bookworm...I don't have as many as I once did but have tried to keep all my tractor books, not that I ever had loads.  My favourite has to be the 100 Years of Fordson, Ford and New Holland book (naff photo attached)...over 500 pages of mainly blue stuff and despite the older tractors being pictured mostly at rallies, a great deal of the tractors are photographed in their work clothes, so to speak.  I'm not as keen on books which take their illustrations from catalogues so much.  Also very fond of the pair of books on Articulated Tractors by Peter Simpson, and Sue Morgan's 'Combines in Camera' is a lovely book too.

image.jpeg

Edited by CX820Joe
Corrected autocorrected words
  • Like 9

A few more books from my shelves, Red Tractors is an amazing book though mainly about US built Internationals its a pretty epic work.20181019_194332.thumb.jpg.1237846162ecb9224efa790dfe364fe2.jpg

Being a big fan of blues i just had to obtain a copy of this excellent book. 20181019_194632.thumb.jpg.e561e5a666cfe6be1f2100beeb4dfe0d.jpg 

Another fantastic book on Basildon built Fords plus an interesting book about Leylands.20181019_194446.thumb.jpg.43680f5e3901d9700058dd790e38cf3c.jpg

I purchased this many years ago and it still is an interesting read.20181019_194400.thumb.jpg.8843525fd8b23f38031b27dcd8195f5f.jpg

Edited by Steve P
  • Like 8

A few more from my own collection and apologies if I am duplicating any that others have already posted. Unfortunately I haven't had these off the shelf for some time and I have noticed that a cpouple of them are getting faded along the edge

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_3998.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

IMG_4000.JPG

IMG_4001.JPG

• Like 6

Another of mine...…...CAT Centenary book. Nice big, heavy coffee table book. This one is the more limited leather bound edition. Picked it up at the Gregory Poole CAT dealership in Garner North Carolina. I used to go there with one of the CAT Engineers after our meetings in Clayton. He's originally from Northern Ireland, but moved over from Desford, Leicester many years ago. A keen CAT model collector, so we always tried to fit in a visit to the local dealers.... best bit, I could use his significant CAT employee discount!

CAT.JPG

CAT 2.JPG

• Like 6