Wiking 2019

robbo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

very surprised wiking haven't done a jd combine of some sorts , a nice 1075 or something vintage would be my preferred era  

would be nice if there was a high detail John Deere, would also be nice if they did a 8R series 

its a shame they aren't making the 4220 JCB, much nicer than the 8330 imo.   Not keen on the tracked Axion either or the 9RX (CASE Quadtrac rules OK:D)  but I am expecting another JD model.  The obvious choice is a new 7330R as all that Wiking would need to do is make a new roof plus some cosmetic changes to their existing 7310R model.

However perhaps the reason they aren't releasing the Claas Lexion 8900 combine this year is because JD are going to launch a new flagship combine at Agritechnica and Wiking have made a replica?  Ive seen the pics of the real machine and its much wider than the S790 current flagship, looked very nice too. 

Could be quite a few new models to be released at Agritechnica,  CNH have new T7HDs and Optums due with the same larger cab fitted to the new Magnum/ T8s according to a mate of mine who drives a BP NH T7.315. He also reckoned the large cab will be fitted to next generation T7s and Pumas as the HSE want automotive ride quality as standard in all new tractor designs...……..apparently:huh: ………………………………..So maybe more UH/ Marge replicas to follow, we will know soon enough I guess.

• 1 month later...

I think Claas have actually spoiled the appearance of the Lexion by painting the side cover grills dark grey.  Its like they made the perfect looking design with the 780 etc and now they've got a new machine they have to alter the way it looks to stand it apart from its predecessor. Bigger tank and extra lights are the visible upgrades and then its "what else can we change to make it look new"?   Paint the smart grills dark grey of course.

Im very much looking forward too soon buying the Jag 980 which looks great, this 8900 doesn't interest me at all im afraid, im far more excited by the soon to be unveiled JD X series Flagship combine or indeed the UH CASE 2188 model.

One of the French guy's on Facebook has just received his Wiking John Deere 9RX, And I have to say,no way will I be getting one,Wiking,or Siku,what do you think,photo's courtesy of Guillaume Thomas on Facebook,

Regards

Joe.

9RX 7.jpg

9RX 6.jpg

9RX 4.jpg

9RX 3.jpg

9RX 2.jpg

9RX 1.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 4:47 PM, catkom3 said:

One of the French guy's on Facebook has just received his Wiking John Deere 9RX, And I have to say,no way will I be getting one,Wiking,or Siku,what do you think,photo's courtesy of Guillaume Thomas on Facebook,

Regards

Joe.

9RX 7.jpg

9RX 6.jpg

9RX 4.jpg

9RX 3.jpg

9RX 2.jpg

9RX 1.jpg

Not very good for the money Joe is it. I have a national farm show variant of the RX by ertl so think I will be sticking with that.

58 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Regards

Joe.

9RX 7.jpg

9RX 6.jpg

9RX 4.jpg

9RX 3.jpg

9RX 2.jpg

9RX 1.jpg

can I ask why Joe,is it lacking detail?doesnt seem to be

ate has them listed at 110 euros,ltd edt,so I would think the standard release would be cheaper,the prices on ebay are high but they will sell,happens every show,but you are right about the cab lacking detail,didnt notice the rivets on the linkage to be honest with you,but the ertl ones are a lot of money,unless somebody can point me to cheaper ones,you would also have to add mirrors to the ertl version,for a uk spec,i will wait and see what price the standard release will be Joe

Wiking have been getting very plasticky and lacking detail lately. Painted on work lights look cheap imo, and Joes right, the cab interior is shocking. If they had just added a few painted details like the silver nuts etc, it would lift the model. Ertl managed it.C742A687-FD2C-454A-9871-EABE6FD7D549.thumb.jpeg.4ba73688d4e7f976570d299d3cf4141d.jpeg

Have to agree as well, the original 6930/7430 was a cracking model (bonnet issues aside, but we'll not go there again!) but subsequent models have seen a reduction in detail and accuracy in my opinion, the cab on the 6210 has a huge lump of moulded plastic under the passenger seat like the siku version,  engines are  black lumps of plastic lacking in any real detail. The 7310 is a nice model, but I'm not sure it warrants its price tag when compared to the offerings of schuco and marge.

30 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Wiking have been getting very plasticky and lacking detail lately. Painted on work lights look cheap imo, and Joes right, the cab interior is shocking. If they had just added a few painted details like the silver nuts etc, it would lift the model. Ertl managed it.C742A687-FD2C-454A-9871-EABE6FD7D549.thumb.jpeg.4ba73688d4e7f976570d299d3cf4141d.jpeg

oh it does have mirrors Chris,can I ask where you got yours?

Archived