Best hauling tractor

weblet375

Agreed there Ben, vario boxes do absorb a lot of power. This one has the power command 'box so she hangs on to most of her 300 horses. The main of its work is haulage, but it's all heavy stuff, and I have to admit that it does the job very well, suspension is a must given the higher road speeds today, but also the tractor itself is heavy, and you need weight to pull weight safely.......oh, and the most important part.....air con for the driver;)

All of that, and it's not even the right colour!:D

WP_20171210_09_56_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20170819_13_18_13_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20170807_09_36_44_Pro.jpg

I would probably say the JCB Fastrac also. But I never drove one !!:wacko: Back in the day ..it was the MB Trac was the king..  Road hauling is all about speed I guess . So anything with a 60Kph box is probably a good tractor ...with reliability off course ..:D

10 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I would probably say the JCB Fastrac also. But I never drove one !!:wacko: Back in the day ..it was the MB Trac was the king..  Road hauling is all about speed I guess . So anything with a 60Kph box is probably a good tractor ...with reliability off course ..:D

Now you mention the MB Trac there Justin, the Unimog wasn't a bad weapon on the road, uncle had a couple over the years and once you got used to driving from the left hand seat they were a good thing, not been in one now for a few years but  think they'll have jumped up the power band a bit the way most engines have gone 

22 hours ago, 844john said:

Agreed there Ben, vario boxes do absorb a lot of power. This one has the power command 'box so she hangs on to most of her 300 horses. The main of its work is haulage, but it's all heavy stuff, and I have to admit that it does the job very well, suspension is a must given the higher road speeds today, but also the tractor itself is heavy, and you need weight to pull weight safely.......oh, and the most important part.....air con for the driver;)

All of that, and it's not even the right colour!:D

WP_20171210_09_56_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20170819_13_18_13_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20170807_09_36_44_Pro.jpg

surprised you didn't get a case with that spec 

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Now you mention the MB Trac there Justin, the Unimog wasn't a bad weapon on the road, uncle had a couple over the years and once you got used to driving from the left hand seat they were a good thing, not been in one now for a few years but  think they'll have jumped up the power band a bit the way most engines have gone 

I would have said unimog as well Paul, there are a couple of lads this area have them for the very purpose of haulage, mind if you go to the expense of a Mog and high speed trailer and it is only for road work then you might as well get a truck.

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

I would have said unimog as well Paul, there are a couple of lads this area have them for the very purpose of haulage, mind if you go to the expense of a Mog and high speed trailer and it is only for road work then you might as well get a truck.

Couple unimogs  this way to, both pretty new 17 plates i think , but i do agree if your doing that much road work, just buy a truck. 

Ah, but if you start running a truck you'll need a driver with his HGV, an O license, expensive white diesel, drivers hours and an MOT every year. Much dearer than sticking a kid you're paying peanuts on an Unimog registered as an agricultural vehicle running red with no drivers hours or MOT and pretend there's enough grey areas in the law that you're doing it legally :D:D:D

2 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Ah, but if you start running a truck you'll need a driver with his HGV, an O license, expensive white diesel, drivers hours and an MOT every year. Much dearer than sticking a kid you're paying peanuts on an Unimog registered as an agricultural vehicle running red with no drivers hours or MOT and pretend there's enough grey areas in the law that you're doing it legally :D:D:D

Something tells me you don't agree with that method...:D

Quite a few Valtra Ts round here now mostly at JDs expense,  the word is they are brilliant hauling tractors due to longish wheelbase design and comfortable in the cab too.  And unlike the NH T7050 they travel in a straight line:D...………I once spent the day with a lad hauling maize with a brand new 2008 T7050,  nice tractor for sure but boy did it wander all over the road!!

Archived