New 1/32 Universal Hobbies in 2020

AJH

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no worries guys, its a crying shame, as the body's a huge improvement on the mf trailer they did ,lot stronger and well put together, plenty of detail on it, handbrake cables ect, they just seem to have slipped on one big basic part, its been suggested it could be euro spec mid axel hitch style  on facebook, but i am not 100% sure if weeks trailers sold in main land europe like that, could/prob did in the mf 200  format, but as weeks?? anyone know  

Bigger. I ordered one last night and it was posted this morning so too late to cancel or I would have done. 

Is the drawbar die cast Sean? Looks like I will be getting the hacksaw out. Very disappointing, as others have said as I was also looking forward to a classic British implement. 

its die-cast  mart, and looks to be all part of the chassis a frame, a one piece cast, , to cut i recon you will need to remove all the hoses ect ,which you will see when you unbox it, alter the parking stand, as that doesn't move, well on mine, i will prob get round to another at some point, maybe 2 as the upper grain sides are identical in the brochure to the bottom ones ,its whether that draw bar can be cut and re arranged nicely 

12 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

its die-cast  mart, and looks to be all part of the chassis a frame, a one piece cast, , to cut i recon you will need to remove all the hoses ect ,which you will see when you unbox it, alter the parking stand, as that doesn't move, well on mine, i will prob get round to another at some point, maybe 2 as the upper grain sides are identical in the brochure to the bottom ones ,its whether that draw bar can be cut and re arranged nicely 

I thought it wouldn't be simple, it could end up looking like a right bodge job. I was thinking the same re the grain version as we had one with the double height sides as a muck trailer, chassis and sides are still here along with the bale extension and front and rear racks. Yes the upper sides were identical bar the rear one, the lower would be an opening tailgate with the option of grain hatch, the upper would be fixed, or at least this one was before the both rear bits were removed. The model might go straight into storage, hopefully uh will alter them in the future, I was planning in doing a flatbed version as well. 

1 minute ago, SPN said:

How does it look on the 6X 5000?

have not got one to hand stan , thats up in the loft, but i suspect the hitch is about the same height on that as the mf’s .

4 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I thought it wouldn't be simple, it could end up looking like a right bodge job. I was thinking the same re the grain version as we had one with the double height sides as a muck trailer, chassis and sides are still here along with the bale extension and front and rear racks. Yes the upper sides were identical bar the rear one, the lower would be an opening tailgate with the option of grain hatch, the upper would be fixed, or at least this one was before the both rear bits were removed. The model might go straight into storage, hopefully uh will alter them in the future, I was planning in doing a flatbed version as well. 

the more i look i suspect the easy option would be to slice it just between the a frame chassis  and the handbrake arm ,flip it over, and rejoin, with some pins drilled into the chassis and draw bar strengthen it.  could save some agro maybe .

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

have not got one to hand stan , thats up in the loft, but i suspect the hitch is about the same height on that as the mf’s .

the more i look i suspect the easy option would be to slice it just between the a frame chassis  and the handbrake arm ,flip it over, and rejoin, with some pins drilled into the chassis and draw bar strengthen it.  could save some agro maybe .

That might just be the best option. Hopefully it's salvageable as it looks very nice otherwise. 

Is it just bad communication between the management at UH and their production facilities in China . Some guy at UH goes out and takes dimensions from a real trailer and sends it off to China . But wires get crossed. How does this all go wrong. ? Who checks the prototype model over before it gets the go ahead for a production run. And was the prototype model off the trailer wrong I wonder ??

2 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Is it just bad communication between the management at UH and their production facilities in China . Some guy at UH goes out and takes dimensions from a real trailer and sends it off to China . But wires get crossed. How does this all go wrong. ? Who checks the prototype model over before it gets the go ahead for a production run. And was the prototype model off the trailer wrong I wonder ??

What I can’t understand is it just looks so wrong, how on earth can they put that into production when it looks so different to all the photos of real ones?:wacko:

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Do you think the bloke operating the mould had a dry cough and it attacked at the critical moment? :ph34r:

I was thinking of getting one actually, possibly not now though.  Maybe a Brimont instead 

11 minutes ago, FendtFarmer said:

I took this pic at agritechnica, the drawbar dosent look that bad compared to the release version 

15963FFF-8005-4115-AF6C-0AADDF659FBF.jpeg

Looks like the drawbar on that one is straight and level compared to the production one has it going skywards.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:18 PM, catkom3 said:

These are out now apparently,Photo from 32ModelsNews.

Regards

Joe.

Case 1494.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday (thanks Brushwood). Very pleased with it. Now that UH has done all variants of the 1490/94 they just need new cabs and bonnets  to make 1410/12 variants. Go on UH you’ve come this far...

UH Weeks Trailer

I just received my Weeks Trailer models and can confirm the toe bar faces upwards instead of downwards.  I also do a lot of railway modelling and I know if a Manufacturer brought out a railway model as wrong as this one there would be an apology from that Company and a statement telling people how they would rectify the issue.

I have asked my supplier if he has been in touch with UH about the mistake and await a reply.  Perhaps UH have already made a statement but I have missed it and would be interested to see it.

IMG_8438.thumb.JPG.91d852fa233be90997386250f4f5b497.JPG

no mate, not really had the time, something i did find interesting via facebook is, weeks trailers never got sold in mainland europe, so why did they make it, its a very uk/ ireland specific thing, makes you wonder if we will see more .

We had a weeks trailer in The Netherlands. It was sold by Veenhuis in de Veenhuis colours. As a kid I found it strange it had WEEKS embossed in its frame. Our trailer had a bigger axle with bigger wheels fitted. We loaded 5 tons of wheat on it. The trailer was hooked behind a Massey Ferguson 135 S tractor with the bigger 12.4 R 32 tyres.

You can see it has a low trailerbar. But even then the support leg was to short so we had to put some wooden beams under the leg to keep it level. Because every one of our tarctors had a Pateer trailerhook, we could hook up the trailer in the lowest setting of the hook and the trailer was nice level. If one didn't have a pateer hook our trailer would slope down to the front because the low towbar, normely used, was to low because of the bigger trailer tires. This way of hooking up would be illegal becauce you would lawfully need a pivot point between trailer and tractor so when the trailer rolls the tractor wouldn't be pulled over as well. The pivot point on mainland combinations is in the trailerbar.

When our trailer was sold the new owner replaced the trailerbar with a higher one.  Interesting enough he mounted a loading crane on the bar as well.

VeenhuisTrek.jpg

Weeks Trailer

I was in contact with UH and this morning I got a reply from Philippe Coron, "Thank you for your message. As you know the toe bar can move backwards and forwards it all depends on which position the toe bar is when the photo was taken. You will find attached  the original weeks brochure and page 8 you can see the toe bar in exact same position as on our model. So both position are correct."

Vintage-Weeks-Trailers-Spec-Sheets-x-2-5.thumb.jpg.b8b1516751e8e372b8debfdeca102668.jpg

In my model the toe bar points upwards not straight as in the bottom picture.  Interested to hear other views before I reply to him.

Archived