What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also really pleased to get this yellow Britains Fordson Major. The bonnet was almost completely paintless, but the rest was good. Somebody in the past had painted the engine, seat and front axle with silver paint, but I managed to remove that carefully leaving the original yellow untouched.

I decided to paint the bonnet, that could easily be removed if wanted, but I think it looks better like this.

20201128_140528.jpg

20201128_140629.jpg

23 minutes ago, jp7810 said:

Why out of curiosity has the 2wd one a half red door on one side??

Steyr built the first series of the 8000 series with only one door, on the left. On the right, the top windows could be opened for ventilation. The lower window was fixed. On the second SK2 series there were doors on the left and right. 

I managed to buy a nice pair of NH Blue power models last weekend. Got the 5140 for £40 much reduced from Fridays sale and also the T7225 collected at the local Ernest Doe dealership for an absolute bargain price of £36.00:blink:.............Ive seen them for £60+ on ebay of late........... and now their getting hard too find.  DOEs still have some at 39.95 but not for much longer I suspect................ unless you want a tracked version that is.

P1080459.JPG

50 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

I thought the silver Fastrac real size machines were restricted to 25 only and sold back in 2017, but my local JCB dealer Pecks has a brand new one sat on their forecourt today, so obviously they are still making silver ones.

Might it be a repaint Phil? The original ones were indeed very limited in numbers but it seems that every dealer has to have their own “ special edition” recently, so much so that they are becoming rather un special. 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Not really bought anything for a while now, but i was tempted by the Fastracs, and also a Major from Robbo, it arrived safely and well taped up, thanks Mike;)

WP_20201120_11_47_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20201202_14_37_25_Pro.jpg

Good to see you got one decent tractor there John;) what’s the plan for the other two, is one of them getting the livery of the local contractor that owns a real one?

1 hour ago, phil phoenix said:

I thought the silver Fastrac real size machines were restricted to 25 only and sold back in 2017, but my local JCB dealer Pecks has a brand new one sat on their forecourt today, so obviously they are still making silver ones.

Phil apparantly its not a new one,just very well looked after by the driver

Archived