Britains 2020 Catalogue

tractorman314

Why drop the Nc Spreader and Dump trailer as they where both very good functional models in my opinion. Why also keep the two Masseys as current releases, surly drop the older one and keep the newer "S" range Massey as they are really the same model bar a few small differences. I don't understand Britains logic at times or is it they have to as to keep the oem happy. They claim to be aimed at children etc but I do wonder if they know themselves what they do want. They must be praised for doing new brands though such as the Fendt, Valtras and now Class which the new Xerion does look promising.

30 minutes ago, hody21 said:

Why drop the Nc Spreader and Dump trailer as they where both very good functional models in my opinion. Why also keep the two Masseys as current releases, surly drop the older one and keep the newer "S" range Massey as they are really the same model bar a few small differences. I don't understand Britains logic at times or is it they have to as to keep the oem happy. They claim to be aimed at children etc but I do wonder if they know themselves what they do want. They must be praised for doing new brands though such as the Fendt, Valtras and now Class which the new Xerion does look promising

With regards to the NC stuff I assume they do a run of 5000 or 10000 units as is the norm and only renew if their sales projections suggest another 5000 would sell. With products like that I imagine everybody who desperately wanted one bought it straight away, and then you see sales decline and balance out at a steady rate, a rate that's too low to justify another production run as stock sat in warehouses for longer will reduce the overall profit they are making due to inventory costs. 

I wouldn‘t be surprised, if they will release a blue, green, yellow, orange,... NC spreader later this year. The roadside tanker was dropped (in 2017?) and then rereleased in blue...

Quadtrac, JCB dumper and silver Fastrac are missing in the catalogue, no muddy JCB is on the collector poster.That‘s all strange.

I'm also surprised the U drill has been dropped, besides the lack of seed tubes it wasnt a bad model.  Shame about the dump trailer and spreader too, both decent models.  I will hold on to my dump trailer but I have put the u drill and spreader plus a few others in a clearance auction! 

The only Britains coming my way this year will be the JCB 419. Nothing else there catches me. The JD trailed  chopper is also dropped, but they never had a trailer to suit it anyway. They have very little implements on offer now.

• 2 weeks later...

Being an avid Britains fan, who got hooked in 1/32 by Britains as many of us were i'm so disappointed with the lack of understanding they have with us collectors - why do a Fendt 828? is it just me or are we flooded with Fendt from various people? 

Between us we could come up with a list which would be awesome for Britains to make - but will they listed?

The most exciting items for me this year are coming from other manufacturers, as in the replicagri combines and the UH TX66 as a couple of examples.

Come on Britains there is so much love and loyalty but you need to start listening please!!!!!!!!

Tomy aren’t interested in collectors anymore, they are interested in making toys. The amount of children interested in farming is shrinking dramatically, so it’s time they sat up and took notice of the collecting community, world wide it must come to thousands of collectors. 

Heritage models(what's left off them) are being snapped up everywhere. So the demand is still there for them ..Britains need to wake up or they will suffer in the long run. The lack off implements espeacily tillage gear is also bad move by Britains. Their marketing department are way outa touch.

I know I’ve said it before but I’m stunned about the arable kit, or rather lack of it, Britain’s the backbone that got us started isn’t supplying arable kit, it’s so bizarre

you look back at the years where we had everything from a plough to an irrigator! 

I think, unless Britain’s re enter into the classics, there will not be any more heading my way, the end of the road I think !

i wont go on again, but what wasted opportunities, Britain’s should be leading the way with their heritage.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, alf aphid said:

I think, unless Britain’s re enter into the classics, there will not be any more heading my way, the end of the road I think !

i wont go on again, but what wasted opportunities, Britain’s should be leading the way with their heritage.....

I agree with You Alastair. Now prices for a internationals/ case or old JD are higher than wiking ;)

I said 4 years ago that Britain's should cater more for the collector and or maybe have a separate run of higher detailed heritage items, Britain's if you keep this up you'll lose your long standing customers loyalties, there was no point in a 828 when Wiking already mastered that one 

Sadly Its a toy company now , the market for high end stuffs well and truly been taken over now by uh, wiking and alike , and no way can the Britain's brand take that on now .  if memory serves me, we all wanted a new company to do high detailed stuff  when britains and siku was the only  brands around we all got excited by uh appearing answering all our prayers , quickly followed by wiking and replicagri jumping on the band wagon , Sadly now if you want your uk spec stuff you will need customs as the uk markets not big enough to justify a run or have these company's  do euro spec and convert them/ pay someone to  .
Whilst the fords , ih’s and jds were nice , i suspect they probably didnt make cash , despite how they are  selling now, if they had they would not have stopped them, that doesn't make business sense , You also have possible changes in management or development teams to take account of, new head new ideas, either way sadly or wrongly in my view i would rather see the name survive and maybe flourish in the future than go under and vanish due to trying to please a small area of the market that at present isn't their target sales it seems

Archived