Valley Axeman's 32nd scale Nuffs and Leylands

12 hours ago, 844john said:

I'm sure you wouldn't mind those two sat outside in the shed Paul!

Outside or inside it wouldn't bother me John, be better inside though ;)  Would be a nice pair to own really, think from memory Gainsborough only produced 200 of the MP6's  which at the time 70hp was a bloody big tractor, then fast forward a few decades and they made just over 100 of the 100 series, most of which were the 100hp model,  so in reality they are both a bit of an endangered species.... 

• Like 1

Found this last night too, an on going project now for a couple or three years, (almost like my full sized 802) ;), based on a Scaledown leyland chassis but with bonnet and cab fitted that was in box of bits i got given off Phil's brother this cab and bonnet would have been destined for another 804 had Phil got round to building it to go with the one Stuart Borthwick got and the one that now lives at Robs, I should really get on and finish it now its appeared again :)

IMG_7895.JPG

IMG_7896.JPG

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Mike R said:

You have a very nice Collection Paul.

Thanks Mike, the little ones dont get out that often so theres a few that folk don't know i've collected over the years :)

9 hours ago, jmd said:

will look well finished off paul:)

Cheers John, is that the model or the real one? :D

• Like 1

Really nice collection of the smaller ones that you have there Paul Thanks for sharing them with us . I have not forgot about getting a picture of the nuffy and loader that is just down the road from me ,I have spoken to him and when I go and cut his hay I can get a photo ,its behind a locked gate at the moment as he is shielding 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 5:59 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Thanks Mike, the little ones dont get out that often so theres a few that folk don't know i've collected over the years :)

Cheers John, is that the model or the real one? :D

haha well both :D

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2020 at 6:59 AM, smithy said:

Really nice collection of the smaller ones that you have there Paul Thanks for sharing them with us . I have not forgot about getting a picture of the nuffy and loader that is just down the road from me ,I have spoken to him and when I go and cut his hay I can get a photo ,its behind a locked gate at the moment as he is shielding 

Cheers Smithy, theres a few more little ones id like but will see what happens, some will need to be specials, others just standard but will see what happens ;) Just as and when you get there to get the photo Smithy theres no rush :)

On 5/31/2020 at 8:32 AM, jmd said:

haha well both :D

You could be right there John :D i'm still bouncing ideas about with 802 yet but will see what happens when i've made a couple of calls just to see if whats there is still there for sale.....;)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, IAINH1973 said:

Hope your well, nice to see your entire line up of 1/32. I managed to procure some resin cabs of recent. Big Leyland build started. Hope to post build thread once out the ground. cheers.

Now then Iain,  cheers, as you've seen theres one or two scattered about here in one form or another, aye all is ok and well down here in the Valley, hope all's good with you and your family in the Shire? That sounds like you've a few in mind then ;) look forward to seeing your work again. if you need  brochure dimensions of any or photo's just give us a shout, or if your looking for specific, i've contacts up and around you that have tractors you can get at to measure if needed :)

Thanks Paul. Virtually disease free in the shire. Well corona virus anyway !  Nothing a shot of penicillin won’t cure!  Been, photographed and measured up one a while ago. Impressed how well scale down kit compares to my measurements. Put a few bit together for photo. Very much in infancy. Been collecting bit for long time. Will post when get into build. Cheers.

4C55E6A6-05FC-4A9E-8DE6-EB53BB9E1B33.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, IAINH1973 said:

Thanks Paul. Virtually disease free in the shire. Well corona virus anyway !  Nothing a shot of penicillin won’t cure!  Been, photographed and measured up one a while ago. Impressed how well scale down kit compares to my measurements. Put a few bit together for photo. Very much in infancy. Been collecting bit for long time. Will post when get into build. Cheers.

4C55E6A6-05FC-4A9E-8DE6-EB53BB9E1B33.jpeg

Glad alls good Iain, now she's looking well, i'll put my money on 285's and 2100's ;) will look forward to an update when you get her finished :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Smithy, thanks for taking the time to get the photo's :), she looks a tidy straight old girl, and well kept too,  i make her to be a 1966, so getting towards the end of 10/60 as the new 4/65 replaced it in 1967. must spend a bit of time under cover does she? Always thought the 10/60 was the last proper Nuffield that looked like a Nuffield should, the 4/65 was troublesome with overheating and vibration issues but did offer a couple of bettered points in the fact they had a longer wheelbase, a better stronger centre mounted steering pivot rather protected the draglink, and altered gearing for the pto to drop the engine revs down abit.  

• Like 1

I am not sure on the age ,it is stored undercover in a open fronted building ,it don't get used as much these days as he don't keep cattle these days he used to have up to 10 bullocks and this was used for the mucking out and carting the straw in ,he only has chickens, ducks and guinea-fowl about the place now . There is a grey fergy with transport box there as well which he uses for carting his stuff around . It was the loader that I was mainly thinking about as it is basically  the same as the one on one of your models that you recently posted up photos  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, smithy said:

I am not sure on the age ,it is stored undercover in a open fronted building ,it don't get used as much these days as he don't keep cattle these days he used to have up to 10 bullocks and this was used for the mucking out and carting the straw in ,he only has chickens, ducks and guinea-fowl about the place now . There is a grey fergy with transport box there as well which he uses for carting his stuff around . It was the loader that I was mainly thinking about as it is basically  the same as the one on one of your models that you recently posted up photos  

Your right Smithy, it is the same loader as the one i have on the model one, good to hear its kept out of the worst of the weather :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally found time to have a proper look through these. Some very lovely little models you've got Paul, particularly a fan of the Brays, and that Scandinavian doe is a very unusual and nicely finished model, unlike most 'doe' models that feature a big lump of metal, and screw and copious amounts of super glue. It's interesting to see how conversions and scratchbuilds have changed slightly overtime too, with the availability of more and more spare parts, wheels etc. Just shows that Mr Hairsine was really very far ahead of the game with his scratchbuilds as they'd stand up perfectly against anything anyone producing today!

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 7:02 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

One of the more sentimental tractors in my collection, a Martyn's Farm Models Marshall 100,  first owned by the late Phil Hairsine aka Starbrush, Phil was a good mate and inspiration back in the day, he'd phone up for an hour or two at a time disscussing various builds whilst he was sat on the tractor bed-forming, and one evening on his return from Spalding he was taunting me with this Marshall 100, just because i didnt have one....... When i lost my dad, Phil was one of the few that helped me out of the dark hole that i got myself in and not long after he lost his own life, Phil's brother Rob invited me over to the farm and there was a box with a few bits in it for me, Including the 100, along with a hand book for the 702 Marshall that Phil won his first ploughing trophy with and a few small bits and bobs of an unfinished prototype for a Leyland build he was on with.... One of life good guys and a proper character, one met never forgotten and to me he never will be :) Phil pictured at the show he had with Mike and Pete over at Hornsea which got given the name "The Show in the Snow" as the on the day it put about 4" of snow down, although its the only show i've ever been to there a bacon butty and a brew were a £1....and they still gave money to charity 

P7240730.JPG

IMG_7977.JPG

IMG_7978.JPG

IMG_7979.JPG

Absolutely love this one

• Like 1