The Tractor Twitcher's Travels Revisited

The Tractor Twitcher

On 4/20/2021 at 5:41 PM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

It's the seventies, you've just won a lucrative contract to haul abattoir waste, JCB Fastracs haven't been developed, you can't afford a Unimog but you need something a little faster and more powerful than the old Nuffield you own. Answer? Mate the back end of a Massey Ferguson tractor with Multi Power to the front of a Bedford wagon. 

bed_1 - Copy.jpg

Which gearbox did they use David?

18 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Which gearbox did they use David?

Not sure on the exact specification of the gearbox but the back end is out of a 100 series I believe with Multipower gearing inside. Stand to be corrected though. It even has a very crude three point linkage fitted.

• Like 1

A few photos of some of contractor Colin Martinson's fleet of New Holland combine harvesters I photographed and wrote about in 2019. He currently runs 12 New Hollands and a lone Case IH CT5080 which is to all intents and purposes a New Holland TX68 in disguise.

m_1 - Copy.jpg

m_3 - Copy.jpg

m_11 - Copy.jpg

m_12 - Copy.jpg

m_14 - Copy.jpg

m_16 - Copy.jpg

• Like 8

First of a few photos from an amazing farm sale I covered near Doncaster in 2018 which featured many one owner gems including a Doe Triple D that sold for £55,000, and a UK specification Massey Ferguson 1100 that sold for £13200 and is now being restored by a friend.

GE - Copy.jpg

GE_1 - Copy.jpg

GE_2 - Copy.jpg

GE_3 - Copy.jpg

GE_4 - Copy.jpg

GE_7 - Copy.jpg

• Like 6

Some of the images I took during a recent photo shoot and working photos i've taken since 2018 of Brian and Charlie Wright's impressive fleet of tractors and equipment. The majority of these ended up in a fleet profile article I completed for the 20th anniversary issue of Classic Tractor. 

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

• Like 9